PDA

View Full Version : Guide Pole cover diameter...???

M-Funf
10-31-2005, 01:41 PM
So, my guide pole covers are on the list for replacement this winter, as the old ones are very faded and the covers torn...can't have that shabby looking stuff on my MC...

The MC ones shown on the front page of the site say they are 3" diameter. Is that the OUTSIDE diameter or the INSIDE diameter? My guide poles are 2"...

HELP!!!

erkoehler
10-31-2005, 01:58 PM
I believe that they should be a universale fit. MYMC, or Jim@baws might know for sure though.

Ric
10-31-2005, 10:20 PM
So, my guide pole covers are on the list for replacement this winter, as the old ones are very faded and the covers torn...can't have that shabby looking stuff on my MC...

The MC ones shown on the front page of the site say they are 3" diameter. Is that the OUTSIDE diameter or the INSIDE diameter? My guide poles are 2"...

HELP!!!

My guide poles are 2" and the rough od of my guide pole covers is 3-1/2" (they are not mc covers, but rather some dealer supplied promotional covers) 3" should work fine

M-Funf
11-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Thanks, guys. Think I'll order a set next spring...no use changing them now when the boat's probably going back into the barn soon...

Ric
11-01-2005, 11:34 AM
I need to get some in all black so that I will not have to continue cleaning the white lettering smears off my rubrail!

east tx skier
11-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Always some plain black ones on ebay from that seller that used to brand them for various boat companies. He apparently got a threatening letter.

Ric
11-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Thank you Sir

Kevin 89MC
11-01-2005, 05:53 PM
I need to get some in all black so that I will not have to continue cleaning the white lettering smears off my rubrail!

Ric, if you don't have any luck with ebay, send me a PM and I'll ask my bro in law where he got his - he got tired of the same thing! I thought he said Barts, but I could not find them on line there. It may have been a local place. He may even have a spare set, I think he accidentally ordered 2 sets instead of 2 guides.
Good luck,
Kevin

erkoehler
11-01-2005, 06:59 PM

I have some black ones with white lettering that I got from a MC dealer, and it has there web site on it. Haven't had the lettering rub off, maybe yours just need to be replaced with newer lettering????

Ric
11-01-2005, 07:09 PM
I have some black ones with white lettering that I got from a MC dealer, and it has there web site on it. Haven't had the lettering rub off, maybe yours just need to be replaced with newer lettering????
Maybe? I just got them in July
Who knows how old they are but they streaked the rubrail on day #1

PendO
11-01-2005, 07:29 PM

Gawd Ric ... can't belive you are already rubbin' letters off your guide posts, next season must really have you excited!

bcampbe7
11-01-2005, 08:07 PM

I had the same problem Ric. Took them off and haven't used them since. That white is hard to get out of the rub rail! :mad:
I may need to look into the all black ones. :cool:

BrianM
11-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Brenda over at In-Tow makes guide pole covers out of Sunbrella with no lettering on them in a bunch of different colors. Those should hold up much better than the nylon covers yoou see out there. They are a little more expensive though.

Down at the bottom of this page. Pick yourself up a new rope and handle while you are at it, she makes good ones.

http://www.jlbmfg.com/intow.htm

6ballsisall
11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
You might try your local MC dealer. I was there buying a new neo vest among other things and asked about some new ones. I really wanted to find some purple ones to match my boat. They had Black ones that had the MC name and Hern Marine on them. The dealer ended up giving them to me and said it was good advertising for him anyway. Who knows you might get some free-bies that way

erkoehler
11-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Thats how I got mine, they said:

www.stenglmarine.com

Mag_Red
11-01-2005, 09:46 PM
You might try your local MC dealer. I was there buying a new neo vest among other things and asked about some new ones. I really wanted to find some purple ones to match my boat. They had Black ones that had the MC name and Hern Marine on them. The dealer ended up giving them to me and said it was good advertising for him anyway. Who knows you might get some free-bies that wayJeff..........I've literally shredded three pairs of them already! :rant: I hate these damned things!!!!! Maybe if I didn't tow at 85 MPH they would last longer :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
11-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Jeff..........I've literally shredded three pairs of them already! :rant: I hate these damned things!!!!! Maybe if I didn't tow at 85 MPH they would last longer :rolleyes:

Mine are speed rated at 75, just tested ;)

erkoehler
11-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Jeff..........I've literally shredded three pairs of them already! :rant: I hate these damned things!!!!! Maybe if I didn't tow at 85 MPH they would last longer :rolleyes:

Nah, thats not it! Keep on truckin :D

Ric
11-01-2005, 10:54 PM
same here maggie.
yep they were free and they look great when you drive away!
they are shreaded now and all the letters are now in heiroglyphics on my rubrail.

Ric
11-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Gawd Ric ... can't belive you are already rubbin' letters off your guide posts, next season must really have you excited!
woah woah, next season?? THIS season isn't even over :D

PendO
11-01-2005, 11:28 PM
same here maggie.
yep they were free and they look great when you drive away!
they are shreaded now and all the letters are now in heiroglyphics on my rubrail.

I never thought of it when ordering ... but the SS rubrail doesn't bother the lettering. My season is over ... raining every day and windy as hell, but the boat is not winterized yet ... still want to look at it a few more days:0

Ric
11-01-2005, 11:31 PM
I never thought of it when ordering ... but the SS rubrail doesn't bother the lettering. My season is over ... raining every day and windy as hell, but the boat is not winterized yet ... still want to look at it a few more days:0
you rarely use your trailer though right?
if you are serious I may get the s/s, I dont know.

PendO
11-01-2005, 11:48 PM
you rarely use your trailer though right?
if you are serious I may get the s/s, I dont know.

Ric - Actually the trailer on the 197 will get used a fair bit (starting next spring:))... and has been off/on maybee 10X so far ... I supposed I will have better data next year ... also, we have the SS rail on the 04 and it has not rubbed off the lettering (but., like you said it is only on/off the trailer 10X a year) ... I suppose it is just a friction thing? Never gave it much thought till this thread.

Ric
12-03-2005, 09:21 AM
http://www.ptxsecure.com/mcpro/detail.aspx?ID=36

so has anyone bought these covers from the mc proshop? I wonder if the MC lettering will rub off like the dealer lettering does?