PDA

View Full Version : Super Crawl 2005

WakeSeeky
10-30-2005, 04:34 PM
I know I've seen pictures from someone who was into rock crawling, but I can't find 'em. Anyway, this weekend the convention center parking lot was turned into a course for the SEMA show. We went last night and wow was that cool! Anyway, thought you guys might like this picture, even thought it's actually for the seat manufacturer.

WakeSeeky
10-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Here's another where you can see the logo... that's Walker Evans, how cool is that? :cool:

jimmer2880
10-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Those are just awsome! Thx for the pic's. They must give one heck of a ride!

SteveO
10-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Wake, what is SEMA. Pretty neat machines I suppose, Boys and our toys. I don't want to grow up.

Ric
10-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Wake, what is SEMA. Pretty neat machines I suppose, Boys and our toys. I don't want to grow up.
sema is a huge association for aftermarket auto parts and accessories manufacturers.
I hear that is one awesome show huh seeky?

WakeSeeky
10-31-2005, 11:07 AM
SEMA is definitely one of the better conventions that comes to town. It's automotive specialty/aftermarket products and it is huge! It takes up the entire convention center. I've got a ton more pictures, I'll post some more if anyone is interested? Sorry this is so dark, this was the "Waterfall", by far the coolest obstacle on the course.

jimmer2880
10-31-2005, 11:51 AM
SEMA is definitely one of the better conventions that comes to town. It's automotive specialty/aftermarket products and it is huge! It takes up the entire convention center. I've got a ton more pictures, I'll post some more if anyone is interested? Sorry this is so dark, this was the "Waterfall", by far the coolest obstacle on the course.

Yes, we're (or - at least I'm) interested in more pic's. That waterful is unbelieveable. How is it possible to drive up that?

WakeSeeky
10-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Isn't that thing incredible? At least two vehicles that we saw made it over the top. To complete the obstacle, they also had to go BACK over from the other side, but no one was able to do that while we were there.

Here's a series that shows what happened most often...

Heading up:

WakeSeeky
10-31-2005, 12:03 PM
This is not good...

WakeSeeky
10-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Awww SNAP!

WakeSeeky
10-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Here's one showing the backside of the waterfall, with a guy coming over from the front.

shepherd
10-31-2005, 06:53 PM
You said nobody was able to go the other way??? It looks like the other side may be easier to climb but I guess they all fell after they got over the top and tried to go down the steep mutha on the first side!!! ????? :confused:

WakeSeeky
10-31-2005, 07:07 PM
We thought the back side looked "easier" too... The event took place Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, so it's easily possible that someone did complete that obstacle and we just didn't see it, since we were only there until about 11 pm Saturday.

Of the two we did see make it, the first guy sustained enough damage going over that he didn't even try going back. The second we saw broke his drive train trying to get back over.

Here's a side picture that gives a pretty good idea how steep the front side was.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-31-2005, 09:27 PM
Though I never entered in a professional meet like this one, I wish I would have. We did not often enough have the camera ready for alot of pics, because of dust, dirt, mud and all. And the unfortunate incidents that occur out there such as the inevitable rollover.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-31-2005, 09:28 PM
And the after.....

WakeSeeky
10-31-2005, 10:10 PM
I knew I'd seen pictures posted here before.... sweet Jeep W4T! We had a 1998 Wrangler, but it was a daily driver so our four wheeling was fairly tame. I loved that thing, but no way it would tow a boat so...

This was nice because all of the "rocks" are actually concrete over foam, so there wasn't a lot of dust. There WAS a lot of smoke at times, from various things catching on fire. ;) Anyway, highly cool, will definitely plan to go back next year.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-31-2005, 10:25 PM
This one started out as a junk.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-31-2005, 10:33 PM
One of the other "before" shots.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-31-2005, 10:40 PM
I put in an injected Vortec 4.3 V6 with a 4L60E, strapped to an Atlas II 3.8 twin stick transfer case. Run through Woody's driveshafts, to a custom built Dana 44 front end with all spherical rods end steering and a hydraulic assist set up, the rear was a custom built Ford 9" with a currie high pinion carrier both front and back ran detroit lockers 4.88 gears and 4 wheel disc brakes. It had a lifted 4" military wrapped leaf springs and a 2" body lift in order to fit the 35" Parnelli Jones tires. Also had bushwacker cutout flares. I built a one off stainless steel dash to hold a full set of 7 Autometer gauges. Then had a full custom roll cage built and attached 4 point seat harnesses.

"It rocked"

WakeSeeky
11-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Niiiice! That thing must have been a kick. Oh dear. Husband & I keep looking at each other and saying "We DO already have a rather expensive hobby..."

Ok, I'm going to try this. Just got a video camera, so I'm new to taking video and editing it. :o

Water Fall (http://members.cox.net/saruch/WaterFall1.wmv)

bcampbe7
11-01-2005, 11:23 AM
The waterfall was amazing! Unbelievable that they can go over something like that! :eek:
Awesome video also. :cool:

WakeSeeky
11-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Thanks, I'm just glad it worked!! :o