PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an X-Star or X2 at 45k or less

Fischerviper
01-13-2014, 02:24 PM
I am looking to purchase and X-Star or an X2 in the next 6 months with a max limit of 45k. Currently doing some research and looking for that right price with the perfect boat for the family. Time frame of purchase will be about six months from now, as I am currently in Afghanistan until then. Please email me. Would be willing to make deposit for sale as soon as April if the right MC comes along.

Nordicron
01-13-2014, 02:46 PM
How did you come the decision that either a x-star or x-2? About the only similarity these 2 boats have is they are both made by MC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

JohnE
01-13-2014, 02:48 PM
How did you come the decision that either a x-star or x-2? About the only similarity these 2 boats have is they are both made by MC.

Not a lot of choices in the sub $45K pickle fork bow category?

neil.anderson63
01-13-2014, 03:36 PM
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=41405 04 X-star Lake of the Ozarks, high hours, decent dealer.
http://www.marineworld.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=06060449X1K13K2014J2I35 I13JPMQ4123R0&veh=30730&pov=3412025 Nice X2 in Wichita

snork
01-13-2014, 07:44 PM
2000-2005 XStar and X2 are the same maybe that's what he's interested in

jason95gt
01-14-2014, 04:15 PM
It is tough to start looking for a boat now that you can't purchase until six months from now. With the demand up for new units and MC not being able to fulfill those orders, the used market is going to be slim pickings again.

bturner2
01-14-2014, 04:24 PM
June gets tight for sure. Top dollar until about August / September.

JohnE
01-14-2014, 04:47 PM
2000-2005 XStar and X2 are the same maybe that's what he's interested in

XStar changed in '03 to the pickle fork design, but I see your point. He may be looking for the original XStar hull which became the X2 in '03. If that is the case he could get an '06 or up X1 for his budget. But I think he is looking at the pickle fork hulls with that budget.

Fischerviper
01-17-2014, 06:22 AM
I am looking more for the pickle fork design. Have a family of four with lots of time spent on the lake with friends. Looking for the all around boat. I know that the wake on the star is bigger and since we do some skiing the X2 is also in the running. Have been doing some reading and most people have said the star wake is too big for skiing? Any thoughts? Haven't driven either yet. I know that I won't get the low profile wake from the 190 or the Stars and Stripes that I previously was behind. With the family in mind and future growing is what this purchase would be for. Any suggestions on a boat to look at?

Jerseydave
01-17-2014, 07:02 AM
I've pulled a few slalom skiers with my X-star and the wake at 32 is actually not that bad.
Anything slower and it will feel like a deep-V I/O wake. Either way, consider it for recreational slalom use only.

I think the X-2 is a better overall choice for your needs. With the trim plate it should be fine for slalom. You should be a able to find a nice one for under 45K.

jgraham37128
01-17-2014, 08:22 AM
I love my X2 I've never regretted getting a large boat. If i bought another new boat today it would probably be another X2! I like the 2010-2011 models because of the dash set up, but it wouldn't be in the 45K price range. But nothing wrong with an older one either I'd take one of those too. Good luck with the search.

Fischerviper
01-17-2014, 11:25 AM
I've pulled a few slalom skiers with my X-star and the wake at 32 is actually not that bad.
Anything slower and it will feel like a deep-V I/O wake. Either way, consider it for recreational slalom use only.

I think the X-2 is a better overall choice for your needs. With the trim plate it should be fine for slalom. You should be a able to find a nice one for under 45K.
Thnx for the heads up on the wake with speed needed.

jason95gt
01-17-2014, 11:52 AM
If you really want a pickle front boat, then the X-2 would be the better route for recreational skiing, wake boarding and surfing. The X-2 also doesn't take water over the bow like the Star can.

Fischerviper
01-17-2014, 12:28 PM

Choice of these two boats was size and design. Mainly the pickle fork for space.

Fischerviper
01-17-2014, 12:32 PM
If you really want a pickle front boat, then the X-2 would be the better route for recreational skiing, wake boarding and surfing. The X-2 also doesn't take water over the bow like the Star can.
You are the second person to talk about the water over the bow on the Xstar. Is it a big issue for concern or is it a design aspect when you are in rougher water or slowing down too fast?

Jerseydave
01-17-2014, 02:33 PM
You are the second person to talk about the water over the bow on the Xstar. Is it a big issue for concern or is it a design aspect when you are in rougher water or slowing down too fast?

You have to know how to take waves from the side, even your own wake after a fallen rider.
With 9 people in the boat and full ballast, you better know how to keep water out of the bow.
They sit really low when slammed. :)

X2 definitely has more freeboard at the bow area, plus it handles the turns much better than an X-star. Better surf wake too.

snork
01-17-2014, 06:39 PM
water over the bow is drivers error

JohnE
01-17-2014, 06:44 PM
X2 sounds like the ticket. Given what I've read. I wouldn't even consideer an XStar.

wrightcj
01-17-2014, 06:56 PM
I just got out of Afghanistan. Stay safe over there.... I have an 08 X-Star with 500 hrs... will take 52K firm... that's probably one of the best deals you're gonna find. Its loaded, with wetsounds tower speakers and all...email me at wrightcj77@yahoo.com and I will send you pics if interested. Mine is not a must sell, but I will let it go for that price. Gonna advertise it starting in February.

06x2
01-17-2014, 09:04 PM
I have a 2006 x2 I might be into letting go for the right price send me your email to bradhomewood@gmail.com mines red and white aprox 430 hrs boats in good overall shape just looking to get a little larger boat x25-45 im in Vancouver b.c. Canada though prob a two day drive from where your at, for what your looking for I would say the x2 meets all that criteria been a great boat for me I surf board skate and ski behind it with no complaints, has all the extra bags so surfs and boards great let me know thanks brad h.

Fischerviper
01-18-2014, 07:47 AM
You have to know how to take waves from the side, even your own wake after a fallen rider.
With 9 people in the boat and full ballast, you better know how to keep water out of the bow.
They sit really low when slammed. :)

X2 definitely has more freeboard at the bow area, plus it handles the turns much better than an X-star. Better surf wake too.
@Jerseydave@snork Thanks for the reply. No one else had an explanation and I was confused on how a design flaw would have made it this far in the MC boats.

mitchelmilitiapres
03-19-2014, 03:07 PM

Taking water over the bow only applies to one that is heavily loaded with ballast or people, and that only happens if the driver is not paying attention when idling into large rollers or performing a sacreligious power turn. They just sit a little lower in the water at the nose than most. But as long as you're paying attention as the driver it is not a common occurence.

jason95gt
03-19-2014, 03:11 PM
If you are still considering a Star, here is a very clean one for under $40,000. http://madison.craigslist.org/boa/4358158948.html

mitchelmilitiapres
03-19-2014, 03:16 PM
We have an 08 X-star in your price range, if you're still shopping. It's on the for sale forum:http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=58990 Priced very competitively, in great shape, and an incredible sound system.

snork
03-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Heavily weighted XStar you'll need to pay attention to the wave going over the transom as well
Still driver error if that happen too