PDA

View Full Version : Eye Candy!!!

imyourmaster
01-09-2014, 06:24 PM
This is up to the Administrators I suppose... But what about setting up a "Pictures Only" thread? We all love our boats and we love seeing pictures of other MC boats out there. Is it possible to set up a pictures only thread where no commentary can be left? The swimsuit thread was a great and fun idea but the amount of commentary outweighs the actual number of pics BY FAR! I thought guys were the VISUAL creatures while the females do the chit-chat-commentary thing. How bout it? Lets SEE more!

Aric'sX15
01-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Ill bite!

looks like i jumped the gun. lol

atihanyi
01-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Awesome idea

Sodar
01-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Honestly, there are so many picture threads that if you cannot find a place to post, we got problems. We've got topics for everything from babes to boats, sunsets to glass waters and MC Hull #1 to the 2014 X-Star, Random Pictures to Tapatalk Pictures. We need another photo thread like a hole in the head.

imyourmaster
01-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Honestly, there are so many picture threads that if you cannot find a place to post, we got problems. We've got topics for everything from babes to boats, sunsets to glass waters and MC Hull #1 to the 2014 X-Star, Random Pictures to Tapatalk Pictures. We need another photo thread like a hole in the head.

Sodar, no offense taken by your strong opinion. Everyone has one. I think you misunderstood what my suggestion was. Yes, a member can post pictures ANYWHERE on the TeamTalk forum as you've mentioned. I am suggesting a DEDICATED thread for pictures only where no commentary can be left. This isn't something a member can start. Admin would have to set it up so that it would only accept pictures and no commentary. As I've mentioned at the start of this thread, the swimsuit thread was a great idea...but for every picture posted there are 10 pages of commentary which, in my opninion, defeats the purpose.

mzimme
01-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Sodar, no offense taken by your strong opinion. Everyone has one. I think you misunderstood what my suggestion was. Yes, a member can post pictures ANYWHERE on the TeamTalk forum as you've mentioned. I am suggesting a DEDICATED thread for pictures only where no commentary can be left. This isn't something a member can start. Admin would have to set it up so that it would only accept pictures and no commentary. As I've mentioned at the start of this thread, the swimsuit thread was a great idea...but for every picture posted there are 10 pages of commentary which, in my opninion, defeats the purpose.

I'm with sodar on this one. Plus, when you post a picture it requires typing... so the idea doesn't work. Lots of good pic threads out there, and the commentary is nice because it lets members ask things like where they got a decal, or what tower that is, or how does your sub enclosure sound.... stuff like that.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Sodar
01-09-2014, 07:37 PM
If you want to look at pictures without commentary, head to Instagram. This is a forum that is based on conversing.

imyourmaster
01-09-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm with sodar on this one. Plus, when you post a picture it requires typing... so the idea doesn't work. Lots of good pic threads out there, and the commentary is nice because it lets members ask things like where they got a decal, or what tower that is, or how does your sub enclosure sound.... stuff like that.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Everything you mention makes sense, and I see the value which commentary adds. All of that will remain unchanged. I don't see the harm in a "pictures-only" thread. It could be a nice added feature to the TeamTalk forum without upsetting the status quo. My suggestion isn't aimed at making a change, it's about finding ways to add "value" or enjoyment to the forum. Not trying to rock the boat here...

imyourmaster
01-09-2014, 07:48 PM
If you want to look at pictures without commentary, head to Instagram. This is a forum that is based on conversing.

So this is an MC owner's FaceBook...

h2oskifreak
01-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Isn't a no comment thread against the laws of the internet? Somebody ALWAYS has something to say and no doubt a "no comment" rule will never work. "If you can' t say something nice, don't say anything at all" just doesn't work on a computer, unfortunately. If you notice, the first poster broke the rule while trying to "play".

soacj
01-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Name of the forum is "Team Talk", not "Team keep your trap shut while looking at pictures":D. That being said, no harm done in giving it a shot. There's obviously at least one person who appreciates yet another opportunity to post up their pictures;)

Ryan
01-09-2014, 10:46 PM

I liked it when we had galleries. Especially when there was a little camera icon by our stats so you could see what boats people had etc. I think that would serve the function you're looking for plus could be searchable and categorized. I'd prefer that over a long thread especially when I'm looking for a specific part or feature on models by year.

those last few words could be read the wrong way ;)

atihanyi
01-09-2014, 10:53 PM
I liked it when we had galleries. Especially when there was a little camera icon by our stats so you could see what boats people had etc. I think that would serve the function you're looking for plus could be searchable and categorized. I'd prefer that over a long thread especially when I'm looking for a specific part or feature on models by year.

I was just going to suggest a gallery area . With my tunnel boats I am a member of scream and fly and it works well over there

Double D
01-10-2014, 12:14 AM
I remember when I first started with TT there was always a section at the bottom of the main page that showed just pictures; most recent and most popular. I always enjoyed seeing those. I think it was part of the showroom before MC took it over. What happened to that??

Aric'sX15
01-10-2014, 12:15 AM
I remember when I first started with TT there was always a section at the bottom of the main page that showed just pictures; most recent and most popular. I always enjoyed seeing those. I think it was part of the showroom before MC took it over. What happened to that??

x2. used to always go through those!

Cloaked
01-10-2014, 04:37 PM
............ This is a forum that is based on conversing.
made me laugh

drschemel
01-10-2014, 04:50 PM
OK, so 16 messages into the "picture only thread", there is only one picture! Fail!!!
I'll ressurect one, wishing for warmer days!
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=802&pictureid=5668

Ryan
01-10-2014, 10:22 PM
OK, so 16 messages into the "picture only thread", there is only one picture! Fail!!!
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=802&pictureid=5668

LOL! :banana:

I totally missed the irony.

imyourmaster
01-14-2014, 09:35 AM

[
IMG]http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=802&pictureid=5668[/IMG]

Hmmmmm...the mind boggles... Let's clarify. This is not the "pictures only thread". It is a thread suggesting a pictures only thread being set up by admin. So it hasn't failed quite just yet...let's first see if we can get it started. I'm def not holding my breath :)

Fun pic!

Sodar
01-14-2014, 10:41 AM

I don't know where the gallery went over the course of site updates. I do have some knowledge of a new update coming shortly but from the screenshots it does not look like any gallery is going to be a part of it. I'll see what can be done about it.

scott023
01-14-2014, 11:26 AM
I don't know where the gallery went over the course of site updates. I do have some knowledge of a new update coming shortly but from the screenshots it does not look like any gallery is going to be a part of it. I'll see what can be done about it.

Thanks Cameron.