PDA

View Full Version : 215/75R14 trailer rated tire for spare

blackhawk
01-09-2014, 12:56 PM
I am looking for a decent used tire to make into a spare for my trailer (215/75R14). I already have a matching Mastercraft rim, just need a good tire. As long as the tread has around half left and no abnormal wear patterns that would be fine. Definitely needs to be a trailer rated tire.

Thanks

thatsmrmastercraft
01-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Be sure to check the date code on the sidewall of the tire. I always encourage not using trailer tires more than five seasons in order to avoid roadside tire changes.

Double D
01-09-2014, 01:29 PM
I am looking for a decent used tire to make into a spare for my trailer (215/75R14). I already have a matching Mastercraft rim, just need a good tire. As long as the tread has around half left and no abnormal wear patterns that would be fine. Definitely needs to be a trailer rated tire.

Thanks

I have three I will taking off my trailer and will be selling soon. Two are identical (not sure what they are since I am out of town) and in good shape and the third I believe is a Carlisle (Spell??). Let me know.

blackhawk
01-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Peter - Thanks for the info in your PM. The tires on my trailer now are the original ones, so they are at least 7 years old. I am the second owner. The original owner only lived a 1/2 mile from his boat ramp, so my tread is still probably 75%. I am pushing it with 7 year old tires, but I would like to get one more year on them. (I just bought this boat in September, so I would like to defer some cost out to keep the wife off my back.) I only have to drive about 2 miles to my ramp and the speed limit is 35MPH. So, hopefully over that distance and low speed, I can stretch out another season. Knock on wood.

DoubleD - Yea, I would be interested, just PM me some pics and a price when you have a chance. I won't be moving the boat out until mid-March anyway.

Double D
01-10-2014, 01:18 AM
Peter - Thanks for the info in your PM. The tires on my trailer now are the original ones, so they are at least 7 years old. I am the second owner. The original owner only lived a 1/2 mile from his boat ramp, so my tread is still probably 75%. I am pushing it with 7 year old tires, but I would like to get one more year on them. (I just bought this boat in September, so I would like to defer some cost out to keep the wife off my back.) I only have to drive about 2 miles to my ramp and the speed limit is 35MPH. So, hopefully over that distance and low speed, I can stretch out another season. Knock on wood.

DoubleD - Yea, I would be interested, just PM me some pics and a price when you have a chance. I won't be moving the boat out until mid-March anyway.

Will do. Could be a week or so so bug me if you dont hear from me.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-10-2014, 02:01 AM

Sounds like you will be pretty safe pushing the limits.