PDA

View Full Version : funny story i have to share

rodltg2
10-28-2005, 01:13 PM
so last night i am at the bar with some friends. we decided to dress up a bit early but oh well. my friend and i went as gilligan and the skipper. so my friend dressed as the skipper adds some flare to his costume by adding one of those orange life preservers around his neck. so were there having a beer when a little vietnamese fellow walks up to the skipper and asks him if he could buy him a beer,. skipper says sure but why. the vietnemses guy says " when my family took a boat out of vietnam and it started to sink, an american captian like you saved my family with those orange life preservers, and i want to thank you as a captain for saving my life ". it took just about everything i had to keep from bustin up and we just didnt have the heart to tell him that he wasnt a real captian.

erkoehler
10-28-2005, 01:20 PM
:purplaugh :purplaugh

SteveO
10-28-2005, 01:22 PM
LMAO. Especially when I did my best little Vietnamese voice in my head. By the way Rod, nice Avatar. Been away from the board for a while,busy at work...

jmyers
10-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Rod, are you sure he wasen't just dressed up like a little Vietnamese man? :D

rodltg2
10-28-2005, 01:38 PM
not dressed up this guy was the real deal. all 4'2 of him. here is a pic of us just before.

shepherd
10-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Which one is supposed to be Mary Ann???? :confused:

Ric
10-28-2005, 03:58 PM
so last night i am at the bar with some friends. we decided to dress up a bit early but oh well. my friend and i went as gilligan and the skipper. so my friend dressed as the skipper adds some flare to his costume by adding one of those orange life preservers around his neck. so were there having a beer when a little vietnamese fellow walks up to the skipper and asks him if he could buy him a beer,. skipper says sure but why. the vietnemses guy says " when my family took a boat out of vietnam and it started to sink, an american captian like you saved my family with those orange life preservers, and i want to thank you as a captain for saving my life ". it took just about everything i had to keep from bustin up and we just didnt have the heart to tell him that he wasnt a real captian.
wonder if he was serious or trying to pick up a captain?

SKI*MC
10-28-2005, 04:54 PM
everyone has a little bit-a captian in them!

jmyers
10-28-2005, 05:02 PM
everyone has a little bit-a captian in them!
Oop's wrong captain!! It's not 5:00 yet! :friday: