PDA

View Full Version : Led Lighting

cruiser
12-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Interested in installing led's, to light flooring at nite and maybe under swim platform. Is there a kit you guys are using or are you just putting it together?

Double D
12-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Interested in installing led's, to light flooring at nite and maybe under swim platform. Is there a kit you guys are using or are you just putting it together?

Talk to SGOYAL on this site. He makes the rings and can set you up.

I did mine myself, with Kyle's and sgoyal's help, no real kits that I know of...

My two cents...

cruiser
12-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Nice, Nice, Nice. Looks great.

David Analog
01-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Check in with Odin at Earmark Marine. He has been doing all forms of marine lighting for well over a decade and has pre-packaged kits for just about every use. He also provides the best instruction for installation.

drschemel
01-03-2014, 02:18 PM
They area easy enough to install. Use small gauge wires. The LED strips will stick on with 3-M double stick tape. The rings around the cup holders and speakers just slide in. Underwater lights are the only thing that will require drilling. I would add that you should put a dimmer on your inboard LED lights so they don't blind you when you are driving after dark. Go for it!
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=802&pictureid=5245

TN Skier
01-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Nice looking set-up! :worthy:

MattsCraft
01-03-2014, 06:00 PM
See this post on my install - This is pre light rings, but far cheaper.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=34458

02ProstarSammyD
01-09-2014, 04:22 PM
I used oznium for mine. I tapped into my courtesy lights that were already run. You can get wp with adhesive backs on there and they are extremely easy to install. Under the platform is a diff story

blflak
01-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Double D, are there any posts you did on the project of the stern underwater lights?

Nice looking light system you have on that

Double D
01-15-2014, 09:37 AM
Double D, are there any posts you did on the project of the stern underwater lights?

Nice looking light system you have on that

I think the only posts were in the "What did you do on your MasterCraft today" thread, and it was only these pictures here.

The install was pretty easy; four holes, stainless screws, 4200 or 5200 marine sealant, wire it up, and your ready to go. The only issue I had was I started too small with the screw holes and had to make them bigger. I plan to install the 27W version in the middle.

I kind of looks like their not in the same position but its an optical illusion... I measured like a dozen times... :D

BriEOD
01-15-2014, 01:22 PM
You can find some reasonably priced lights at SuperBrightLED.com and cobble a DIY together.

craig3972
01-23-2014, 01:44 PM
I used Gorilla glue to stick waterproof strip LEDs to the underside of the swim platform. The idea was to keep people from falling off the platform in the evenings. It works really well, brighter than the thru hull LEDs at the water level, less expensive and no holes in my boat.

Double D
01-23-2014, 02:14 PM
I used Gorilla glue to stick waterproof strip LEDs to the underside of the swim platform. The idea was to keep people from falling off the platform in the evenings. It works really well, brighter than the thru hull LEDs at the water level, less expensive and no holes in my boat.

Any pictures?? How did you run the wire?

thatsmrmastercraft
01-23-2014, 04:42 PM

Any pictures?? How did you run the wire?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

marshaje
02-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Yes I would really love some photos of how you ran the wire and how you stuck it to the underside of your platform. I would prefer not to drill any holes... for obvious reasons.