PDA

View Full Version : 89 Tristar 220 $2000 OBO

gatorfandarryl
12-21-2013, 03:11 AM
89 Tristar 220, Its a project boat that I got few years ago, had really bought it to just get the trailer for a friends boat, so after refurbishing trailer had this boat which had been tore into by PO son, was missing valve covers, and wiring was all ripped out, carb was off, alt missing, etc... having had 4 Nautiques over last 20yrs I had extra parts so tore it down to short block, replaced gaskets, impeller, replaced dist, alt, repaired the wiring, updated the exhaust exits/missing, and cleaned fuel tank/ replace sending unit, motor cranked right up. Sorry for the run on sentence, just like to pack that info in there. LOL So I had to save this boat from just being a junker because that just pains me to see, its even made me realize that after all my years with Correct Craft that MasterCraft did a better job building boats. That said I need to sell it, I have a 65 mustang I am trying to finish before gas hits 5 bucks a gallon and I need the room along with cash at the moment. Trailer it sits on is just that, needs tires as they are dry rotted, put new bunks on but it has no prop guard or brakes, lights work though. I am asking 2000 OBO, I feel that is a fair price but please let me know if I am overpricing it as I want to move it quick. Still needs work, packing replaced, most likely strut bearing, prop reworked, packing on rudder and log shaft, I have the packing along with the pylon, driver seat/base, rear seat base, hinges, and other odds and ends. Any ?s call me my name is Darryl and leave a message please if no answer. Thanks and Merry Christmas

thatsmrmastercraft
12-21-2013, 03:16 AM
Post some pics here. It will generate much more interest.

gatorfandarryl
12-21-2013, 03:49 AM
Thanks using my tablet and its new so took me a minute to figure it out

scott023
12-21-2013, 08:12 AM
There's some potential there. GLWS

thatsmrmastercraft
12-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Looks like a very solid project boat. I know someone has better images, but this is how it is supposed to look.

Cloaked
12-21-2013, 04:53 PM

gatorfandarryl
12-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Yeah hull ID shows its a 89 but I thought they had a walk-thru opening in the rear as the brochure picture shows it. It does need new interior along with carpet, have it listed on CL locally for 2000 but if any member wants to give it a home 1500 takes it. Thats less than I think it worth but I would love to see it finished and being used. I know someone out there has already being running this over in there mind so maybe this will push you to move on it. Thanks guys and Merry Christmas!!!!!

gatorfandarryl
01-04-2014, 07:14 AM
Hi, was out of town and left phone while rushing to catch flight, had some calls and while retrieving my v/m somehow erased them, not sure if even any where about the boat but if so thats is why i have not been in touch, I put this up on craigslist for 1500 firm just now, that said I would rather someone here buy it, 15 100 bills for a running 22ft tristar has to be a pretty fair deal, bought parts at BAWS as I used to live in L.O.L. for about 10yrs, got advice from Jim there as I knew nothing about tristars, never saw one before this one, I have seen far worse for more money, i know that is comparing apples to oranges as price is all about what someone is willing to pay but a 22ft mastercraft that runs, with the running gear, all the gauges, switches, dash, cables, controls still there, I love working on ski boats that is why I bought it, I do not buy them to flip, I am sure like most of you that have restored boats or cars its not about money, it is what you enjoy. Could someone give this boat a good home? She was written off more or less but she found me and I brought her back to this point, there is a satisfaction that comes when you rebuild something, I have had a new hydrodyne and nautique over the years but my favorite boat was my first a 79 nautique that I basically rebuilt to new over the 6 years I had her, redid a 91 ski nautique that i sold last year, I am earning 1/3 of what I used to make, I need to get out of florida, the first question is why you selling my answer is unless you have a few hours to explain the short answer is we have lost so much to overseas labor, housing bust, recessions., record unemployment, it is hard to believe that I make less per hour today than when I got my first job after being in the service,that was 27yrs ago, anyways I am sorry if I said to much, know you lurk in the background, LOL I have to elaborate on everything, guess its my passionate nature, so 1400 and I will spare the stories that is 1400 bucks. Feel free to give me some feedback if think it worth it, or if you don't think so let me know why please, thanks for allowing me to post here BTW great site, I have gotten help so often from here and would like to thank all the members that take the time to post replies and share they knowledge they have for free.

gatorfandarryl
01-04-2014, 07:22 AM
Please excuse the errors, I type fast and think faster than i type so bound to be mistakes and I have only had 1 cup of coffee. :)

JohnE
01-04-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm sure someone will snatch this up, just a tough time of year to sell a project boat.

jsturvey
01-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Wish I could. Need to get a job first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Aric'sX15
01-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Wish I could. Need to get a job first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Story of my life

jschildm
01-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Loved my 220 with the wrap around seating. GLWS.

gatorfandarryl
01-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Sold the boat guys, first mastercraft guy that looked at it took it. He has 17 grandkids and lives on the lake, so it will be used. He has a 84 S&S at the summer home in upstate new york, he had just moved here and the timing was perfect. He is retired and according to his wife he cant buy something that doesnt need work. LOL. Actually dropping it off monday so since it like 70s here guess we will be putting it right in and I am sure I will be thinking damn I wish I hadnt sold it but that is life. Thanks for the positive words to all that chimed in. I will try and be more active, just felt like a Nautique guy at a Mastercraft party before but I now see we all just love our boats, whichever they may be :)

gatorfandarryl
01-11-2014, 08:16 PM
BTW I joined like 3years ago, i am not sure why it says that I just joined but just didnt want you guys to think I just joined to sell the boat, I joined to gather good information from reliable sources. Also do I need to do anything to close this thread or how does that work ? thanks

wheelerd
01-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Good on you for selling it.
Old threads never die . . . they just go on, and on, and on, and . . .