PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Ballast Hard Tank..... X Star

Jager
12-19-2013, 02:10 PM
I've got an 07 Xstar and the port aft hard tank is leaking.. Only when it's full so it must be cracked up on top somewhere.. I checked the seal around the level transmitter and the vent nipple... Anyone ever take the floor up to access the tank?.. Thanks

jason95gt
12-19-2013, 02:47 PM
If you are able to get your hands to the crack, you can weld it with a plastic welder. Splitting the deck is NO fun.

Jager
12-19-2013, 10:34 PM
I located the leak.. It was a seam just up from the quantity sender... I cut the carpet and removed it and was surprised to find removable plastic floor panels.. MC say these tanks are polyethylene and can be welded... I'm not sure of the process but it has to be done in the boat.. The tanks are impossible to get out...

jason95gt
12-20-2013, 12:21 PM
I would check with a local plastics company or marine dealer to see if they have a plastics welder. We have repaired a couple as a couple years would potentially have a pinched overflow hose.

Jerseydave
12-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Not worth a lot of time to fix IMHO.
You'll get better results (better wake) if you bypass the hard tanks and use sacs in the rear lockers. 400's fit well, and 750's will also fit if you don't quite fill them all the way.
Fatsac makes 720's for the X-star lockers....that's what I use now.

Jager
12-20-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm pretty well sacked out on the star.. I have #1100 in each rear locker that fit perfect.. Your right, you only fill them full when surfing.. Then #300's under each of the front seat .. Also a #550 in the walkway in the bow.. Then the stock KGB and rear under floor hard tanks.... I wouldn't mind pulling the hard tanks out and installing bladder fat sacs..