PDA

View Full Version : Nassau Bound

SteveO
10-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Do to Hurricane Wilma, my BIG 40 trip was relocated form Cancun to the Bahama's. Need some suggestions of things to do, besides the obvious drinking, quality time with the wife away from the kiddo's :D and gambling. Any waterskiing??? Going the 11/5-9 for a get away.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-28-2005, 09:09 AM
I wish I remembered the boat. but we took a tour of the islands, and ended up on "Gilligans island", yes the real one(so they told us). I believe it is refered to as the Blue lagoon also. That was pretty cool. There had to have been hundreds of hammocks hanging from all the trees.
If I recall, that is also where we went snorkling and saw some awesome reefs.
Took a ride in a glass bottom boat.
Swam with the stingrays.
And you should visit the flea market. Although, keep in mind, the nickname "FLEA" market must have been established there. And bring lots of $1.00 bills for the kids that won't leave you alone trying to seel you useless junk.

Ric
10-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Do to Hurricane Wilma, my BIG 40 trip was relocated form Cancun to the Bahama's. Need some suggestions of things to do, besides the obvious drinking, quality time with the wife away from the kiddo's :D and gambling. Any waterskiing??? Going the 11/5-9 for a get away.
cruised there once
dont know alot about the island but the market near the boats is a den of theives imo
we ferried (booze boat) to an island near the gilligans island where they have a full stage and the whole setup and you're in the sand for concerts all day(you may need to search that online)
I was told that the gilligans island is the island that shows the helicopter shots on the show but the actual filming was of course all done in hollywood

Workin' 4 Toys
10-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Well, what did you figure out. What are you doing?

SteveO
11-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Probably is a game time call. We will definitely be drinking, take a snorkel cruise, always wanted to scuba, but the Mrs. had zero desire so my buddy that is part of the other couple going with us will take some pool lessons and do an intro dive. More drinking, bedroom olympics, gambling, etc....

OhioProstar
11-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Atlantis is amazing...for laying out at the HUGE pool, gambling, or having some pretty good eats. The Blue Lagoon cruise is fun, they have rum punch on board, and they sell Kalik beer for $2.00. I think that island also does the swimming w/ sharks or stingrays. There are some good places to eat in Nassua, just be carefull I didn't feel as safe there as say St. Maarten or Aruba.

Drink one for me.