PDA

View Full Version : White Gunk

peason
10-27-2005, 11:28 PM
When winterizing my boat, I took off the flame arrestor and noticed white specks in the where the fuel gets sprayed into the engine. (since this a fuel injected engine - I don't think this part is called a carborator but is sure looks like one) Obviously I am not a mechanic! The"specks" look like pieces of salt, but with rounded edges -not like a crystal form.

I have a 2002 - 209 with the 310 HP engine.

What is the cause of this? Should I be concerned? Would a fuel additive next year help?

H20skeefreek
10-27-2005, 11:32 PM
that would be corrosion. not sure what you can do about it other than brushing it off, but I'd be worried about it going down into the engine. there are lots of corrosion preventative sprays, but i'd worry about what they'd do to performance.

peason
10-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Bump - this doesn't look like corrosion, I did not see any evidence of corrosion in sithe the throttle body.

Any one else have a suggestion?

H20skeefreek
10-28-2005, 08:01 PM
so, in the first post you describe that the "spots" are inside the throttle body (that's where the fuell is sprayed) the you say you don't see any inside the throttle body. do you see it or do you not? corrosion starts out as white spots that look like salt.