PDA

View Full Version : The wife bought a couple new wakeboards

CC2MC
12-16-2013, 11:22 AM
My wife found a relatively new store in the area that apparently sells random things for cheap that other stores could not sell for whatever reason. It may just have damaged packaging or the product may be damaged itself. My wife happened upon two wakeboards that the store had, neither one being anything really special. Both have one damaged boot and the black one has a chip on one end, which I should be able to fix. When she told me how much they were, I said just get them to have some trainer boards. I told my son that I have some smaller boots we can put on and he can learn to wakeboard on the smaller one. He got pretty excited and wanted to go ahead and try it on for size. I gave him some quick tips on stance and how to hold the rope and he listened well. Of course little sis had to get in on the action as well. The blue board was $28 and the black one was $14, so I couldn't say no. I figure if the black one can't be fixed, I will just make a bench out of it.

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/DoThadoo/A42B821C-32AB-4CBC-A3FD-9812C3AE1297_zpse5wmbqjp.jpg (http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/DoThadoo/media/A42B821C-32AB-4CBC-A3FD-9812C3AE1297_zpse5wmbqjp.jpg.html)

Double D
12-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Yeah, for that price you cant say no..

I have smaller bindings on a board if you ever need them.. They wont match the colors...

CC2MC
12-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Yeah, for that price you cant say no..

I have smaller bindings on a board if you ever need them.. They wont match the colors...

What size bindings do you have? I bought some XS for my wife a couple years ago that are too small for her but probably just a little large for him. They are just sitting in the box at the lake not being used, so I may as well see if they can work. I have more money in that one set of bindings than both boards combined, but that is not hard to do either.

scott023
12-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Can't go wrong for $42 bucks.

Double D
12-16-2013, 01:21 PM
What size bindings do you have? I bought some XS for my wife a couple years ago that are too small for her but probably just a little large for him. They are just sitting in the box at the lake not being used, so I may as well see if they can work. I have more money in that one set of bindings than both boards combined, but that is not hard to do either.

Here they are on the board.

Not sure what the 9-10 means.

CC2MC
12-16-2013, 04:05 PM
I like them, matching or not. I see they are a size S. Is that a youth small or adult small? I have an adult XS, which may be smaller than those. Those boots are much better made than the boots that come on these boards. I have had my board for about seven years or so and everything is still holding up well, but the new board's boots look like they would fall apart on the first time out, even if they were in perfect shape.

Double D
12-16-2013, 04:30 PM
I like them, matching or not. I see they are a size S. Is that a youth small or adult small? I have an adult XS, which may be smaller than those. Those boots are much better made than the boots that come on these boards. I have had my board for about seven years or so and everything is still holding up well, but the new board's boots look like they would fall apart on the first time out, even if they were in perfect shape.

I would have guessed youth small, but with your statement I'm not sure. My son wore them for a while when he was younger. He got the board in 2004 when he was 9 years old.