PDA

View Full Version : 1.7RR's worth it?

DooSPX
10-27-2005, 11:17 PM
is putting 1.7 roller rocker arms on worth it. I remember reading that storm... recommended them on the stock cam?

does it give more torque and horsepower??

tommcat
10-28-2005, 08:34 AM
in regards to mustangs (which i work on almost daily) they technically are good for a small horsepower gain. however the only place you would see it is on the dyno. we have not noticed any gains at the track and couldnt feel the difference driving.
hope this helps
tom

bigmac
10-28-2005, 08:43 AM
in regards to mustangs (which i work on almost daily) they technically are good for a small horsepower gain. however the only place you would see it is on the dyno. we have not noticed any gains at the track and couldnt feel the difference driving.
hope this helps
tom

Let's go back to the roller cam concept discussed in another thread...what about adding the roller rockers with roller lifters and a roller cam? Would the increased duration from a roller cam require remapping of the ECM/PCM? What if one used a cam with increased lift as well? Fuel flow changes?

It strikes me that reprogramming the ECM for a different fuel map could be problematic, especially given the difficulties of getting one's boat on a dyno if indeed a custom map is required. In a closed loop EFI boat engine, it seems like that could be the major stumbling block to significant engine mods on later model boat engines.

tommcat
10-29-2005, 06:52 PM
leaving out the whole roller issue, changing to a different cam and not improving it with lift and duration changes would be a waste of time. just going to roller alone would not provide enough gains to make it worth the time or effort.
in regards to the PCM reprogramming. i have been talking to the guys that did the original LT1 programming looking for upgrades to my LT1. they can do it but you need to get a different computer, one that can me remapped, and then they need the boat to come up with a program on a dyno and then in the water. it would require a long drive and more time than i'm willing to give up so i've decided to be happy with my 330 HP.......for now.