PDA

View Full Version : 2004 X Star For Sale

diesel5532
12-15-2013, 06:13 PM
I have A 2004 X Star for sale it is blue and white and in great condition it has the 8.1 and upgraded sound system It was JL audios boat for a short while I have a article that was put in a magazine about it. Always garage kept. low hours only 132 hours on the boat looking to sell just don't use it enough asking 48,000 obo. If you would like pics or are interested contact me 704 291 0845 Ask for Matt thanks.

diesel5532
12-15-2013, 06:14 PM
also everything I have for the boat will come with it thanks for looking.

scott023
12-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Be best to post up some pics.

bturner2
12-16-2013, 08:39 AM
$48K is way outside normal pricing on that boat unless it's something super special. You'd do yourself a big favor as Scott points out to post some pictures to at least generate some initial interest. A link to the article you refer to or a photo bucket link with detailed pictures of why this $30K boat is worth $48K would go a long way too.

soacj
12-16-2013, 09:54 AM
$48K is way outside normal pricing on that boat unless it's something super special. You'd do yourself a big favor as Scott points out to post some pictures to at least generate some initial interest. A link to the article you refer to or a photo bucket link with detailed pictures of why this $30K boat is worth $48K would go a long way too.

I'd agree that 48K (and no pics) is less than realistic, but 30K for a 132 hour 8.1L Star? My pricing barometer must be out of whack. Got any examples?

scott023
12-16-2013, 01:02 PM
I'd agree that 48K (and no pics) is less than realistic, but 30K for a 132 hour 8.1L Star? My pricing barometer must be out of whack. Got any examples?

Low hours, yes, but the boat is 10 years old. There are a lot of boats out there that are newer and priced lower.

bturner2
12-16-2013, 02:15 PM
$30K was supposed to be a "tongue in cheek" remark which apparently didn't come across. As in "tell me why you think that boat is worth that much".

As Scott stated this is a 10 year old boat with no mention of a trailer or details of other options. With no pictures you have no idea if the boat was cut up for a Pimp My Ride stereo, has bottom paint or a custom paint job only the owner could love.

If you're open to other models with similar characteristics do a search on Only Inboards and go $4K higher and $4K lower to get examples of what's out there. You'd be surprised what you can find in that price range. Lots of 06 - 08 boats.

Again I'm not saying it's not worth it but with the information provided on a technical site like this the ad is certainly lacking. I'd love to see what a $48K 04 X Star looks like. It must be really nice.

scott023
12-16-2013, 02:16 PM
$30K was supposed to be a "tongue in cheek" remark which apparently didn't come across. As in "tell me why you think that boat is worth that much".

As Scott stated this is a 10 year old boat with no mention of a trailer or details of other options. With no pictures you have no idea if the boat was cut up for a Pimp My Ride stereo, has bottom paint or a custom paint job only the owner could love.

If you're open to other models with similar characteristics do a search on Only Inboards and go $4K higher and $4K lower to get examples of what's out there. You'd be surprised what you can find in that price range. Lots of 06 - 08 boats.

Again I'm not saying it's not worth it but with the information provided on a technical site like this the ad is certainly lacking. I'd love to see what a $48K 04 X Star looks like. It must be really nice.

Must be better than "really nice". :D

cwarndahl
12-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Guys I'm gonna thread jack a bit. This is opinion not flaming any one, and supporting any one who can't afford one off the line. but the minute MC decided that a ski boat should be a luxury item worth 75k to 125k and some models even more now, that I'm afraid we are going to see more 8 to 10 year old boats going for 40k plus because guys and families still owe that on them. when i bought my 01 x-10 it was 6 years old and I'm just paying off the loan (nice boat for 25k), in the past its been time for that new boat or new to me. but most 6 y.o. MC's now more then i can reasonably afford with a nice payed off boat. new interior and some upgraded ballast bags and a few more seasons for me. Sorry all just MHO.

soacj
12-16-2013, 04:07 PM

Ahhhhh, sounds like it wasn't my pricing barometer which needs calibration after all--it's my sarcasm-ometer. 8p

Aric'sX15
12-16-2013, 06:52 PM
I'd love to see what a $48K 04 X Star looks like. It must be really nice.

agree. i can get an 08 at tx mc for 49k with every option checked.

bcboy
12-16-2013, 08:48 PM
agree. i can get an 08 at tx mc for 49k with every option checked.
I would like to see what the 08 for $49k looks like... I would not sell mine for that.

bobx1
12-16-2013, 09:36 PM
I would like to see what the 08 for $49k looks like... I would not sell mine for that.

07, not an 08. Maybe this is the one Aric speaks of....

http://www.texasmastercraft.com/vehicle/used-2007-mastercraft-x-star-1401442.cfml?refby=dealersite#ar_top

Aric'sX15
12-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Sorry typo. It is an 07.

willyt
12-17-2013, 10:53 AM
that 07 is in rough shape

BudmanV24
12-17-2013, 01:25 PM
that 07 is in rough shape

Well....it looked really nice in April when I tried to buy it. 6.0L, 4 tower speakers, forward and reverse tower lights, heater, hot/cold shower, table, pro tour ballast, bow filler cushion, under water leds, plasma tv.... I think that's everything. Although, I may have forgotten something. Oh yeah, back then it had all of it's seat cushions, lol. It hasn't even seen a tenth of an hour since I looked at it and it wasnt till like 3 or 4 months later that it went up on their website. Something screwy must of happened. They had a nice all blue xstar with similar hours, engine, and ballast in april that was clean but with less options and it sold for similar money. But I digress.

Back to the boat at hand. WE WANT PICTURES!!!! :D

Jerseydave
12-29-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with the OP on his posted price, but I would suggest to the powers that be that allowing comments on classified ads should cease. I've seen sellers on here get flamed way too often. Perhaps all questions to sellers should be sent by PM.

Aric'sX15
12-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Thats already happened though, and the mods got flamed!

BudmanV24
12-31-2013, 12:19 AM
I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with the OP on his posted price, but I would suggest to the powers that be that allowing comments on classified ads should cease. I've seen sellers on here get flamed way too often. Perhaps all questions to sellers should be sent by PM.

Imaginary boats are worth $0. Boats with 0 pictures equal imaginary. We wants pics!!!