PDA

View Full Version : 91-94 Prostar 190 barefoot boom installation pic

roadster02
12-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Any one here have a barefoot boom on a 91-94 prostar 190? If so, can I get some pics of your barefoot boom installation on your boat? I would like to see the attachment to the pylon, and where the boom rests on the gunnel, and what spot it exits the boat. I am trying to decide whether to spend the $600 bucks or not.

Cloaked
12-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Any one here have a barefoot boom on a 91-94 prostar 190? If so, can I get some pics of your barefoot boom installation on your boat? I would like to see the attachment to the pylon, and where the boom rests on the gunnel, and what spot it exits the boat. I am trying to decide whether to spend the $600 bucks or not.I have one on a 93 190. Works well with the curved boom, height adjuster gadget, quick -connect pins are essential. I can get pictures tomorrow. I like the setup and leave the bracket on the pylon (quick-connect pins) and have a boom bag that is convenient for that blob of a mess of cables and bars.

Boom comes out on the gunnel right behind the windshield and I use a gunnel pad (again from Overton's) and the height of the boom will vary with the adjustable bracket. They will nickel and dime you on all of the accessories but they are all worth the cost.

Order from Overton's with their current discount coupon and free shipping ==> http://search.overtons.com/?D=boom&Nty=1&N=0&Dk=0&Ntt=boom

$600 will put you in business very well. Here's the kicker... :D :D To really enjoy the experience of footing, you'll need a new barefoot suit. I have a Barefoot International but I truly like the Eagles a lot more. They fit much better. Tack on another $300 but makes footing on a boom or a line much more enjoyable.

Rockman
12-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Unless you NEED the boom for footing tomorrow, then do not spend $600 now...find a used one or check for discounts before the season starts again.

We have a straight boom which works great on our BF200. We used the straight boom on our '94 190 this summer and it was ok but...it sits on the gunnel just behind where the windshield meets the gunnel...a bit too close for me but we put one of those big shamis (sp?) around the boom where it rests on the gunnel and it is fine.

We have a height adjusted...best thing to buy with the boom.

I do not have any pics handy right now but you should buy the contoured boom for a 190...works alot better.

Ryan
12-14-2013, 12:59 AM
I have an ECI curved boom that I used on my last boat, a ps190 and loved how easy it was to adjust height for kids & adults learning. Are you just footing with adults? If so, keep in mind that the boom raises easily for the tall folks when under way.

I'm looking to get mine on a drill press so it will work on a vdrive. Or sell this one and watch for a vdrive boom. I would like to get better at footing before I get too old...that and every other towed watersport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Double D
12-14-2013, 02:24 AM
I have a 94 PS 205 so I think I just have a bigger nose...

I can get better on pics if needed... Best I can do on short notice.

Mine is contour boom. First pic you can see how and where I have it attached. It then contours up and back to just behind the window...

-----

roadster02
12-14-2013, 06:23 AM
Thanks Cloaked. Yes, I would very much like to see your install. Thanks!!

roadster02
12-14-2013, 06:25 AM
Thanks! Pics much appreciated.

I have a 94 PS 205 so I think I just have a bigger nose...

I can get better on pics if needed... Best I can do on short notice.

Mine is contour boom. First pic you can see how and where I have it attached. It then contours up and back to just behind the window...

-----

roadster02
12-14-2013, 06:26 AM
Thanks gents!