PDA

View Full Version : Help a New Guy

767piloto
12-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Team Talkers,

I recently bought a 95 Maristar 200 VRS... the seller didn't have the original owner's manual...I found a PDF version on Mastercraft web site... it listed the engine as a GM 350... the plate on the impeller housing says Indemar... which is which?
The boat runs great but somewhat abused... faded gel coat... rubbing compound or wet sand?
Also the carpet needs replacing... is better left to the professional?
Anyone have a wiring diagram? The bilge pump went out.. all the normal color coded wiring had been spliced with all one color wiring... I managed to get it fixed with a lot of head scratching..
This is my first inboard after many outboards and I/O's... Looking forward to returning her to her rightful state... really appreciate any help or suggestions....

thatsmrmastercraft
12-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Welcome to Team Talk. You came to the right place for answers for all your questions. Your GM 350 was marinized by Indmar. Sounds like you have taken on a project but the great people here will be able to walk you through any repair or refurbishment that you want to tackle. First rule here is we all love to see pictures...........especially in the off season.

Snipe
12-13-2013, 01:47 PM
You have the GM engine. Indmar is the Marine conversion (Marinized) I would try to buff and wax first, if that won't do it you can always wet sand then buff and wax. Carpeting?... you should be able to do that if you are at all handy. Take your time....It's a lot cheaper to do it yourself.
Welcome to the site; you will love your boat.

76S&S
12-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Welcome to TT Pilato, best of luck with the restoration.

madcityskier
12-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Start with rubbing compound. You can always go coarser as needed. Carpet is mostly variable by how well you can get the old out in my experience. If you can get the old carpet out reaonably so that it can be a pattern for cutting the new, no problem. If not, lots of time and patience. Pics are a must as was mentioned. As for any engine parts, Discount Inboard Marine is very helpful. Order a catalog at skidim.com and if they don't show a part you need, give a call. They will sometimes suprise you.

Welcom to the family, dysfunctional as it may be.

Lumbergh
12-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Welcome. But there are rules:

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr66/Lumbergh556/PicsOrItDidntHappen.jpg (http://s470.photobucket.com/user/Lumbergh556/media/PicsOrItDidntHappen.jpg.html)

thatsmrmastercraft
12-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Start with rubbing compound. You can always go coarser as needed. Carpet is mostly variable by how well you can get the old out in my experience. If you can get the old carpet out reaonably so that it can be a pattern for cutting the new, no problem. If not, lots of time and patience. Pics are a must as was mentioned. As for any engine parts, Discount Inboard Marine is very helpful. Order a catalog at skidim.com and if they don't show a part you need, give a call. They will sometimes suprise you.

Welcom to the family, dysfunctional as it may be.

Aren't they all:o

Waterskibum
12-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Dysfunctional?? Naw not a one on here 8p

Welcome to the board. Lots of good info and good folks to help you out.

neil.anderson63
12-13-2013, 03:10 PM
767 - If it's a nice warm weekend, you could fly a few of us down and we could show you exactly what MCOCD is and have your boat looking like new before Spring. I'm free to travel the weekend of Jan 11!:D:D:D

mikeg205
12-13-2013, 08:37 PM
767 - Traxxx here has a 95 Maristar so we have access to all the info you need - I have a 1995 350 same engine so we have access to all the wiring.. post up pictures...