PDA

View Full Version : Hurth Transmission Seals and help

Smoothie
12-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Hey guys wanted to give you all heads up on a place I just dealt with. I had to pull my ZF Hurth transmission in my 02 Xstar because of a leaking seal. After talking with indmar and being quoted unbelievable pricing for 3 small seals I did a search on the net. Found a place called Hale Marine out of Virginia. The deal in only OEM products from Hurth and Velvet drive. I was able to get the seals at a 1/3 of the price. The service was phenomenal and Chris the owner knows his stuff. So if you ever need anything to do with your transmission I would give these guys a call first. No I dont know them or work for them just happy to have saved a ton of money for OEM products.

http://www.halemarine.com/

mikeg205
12-13-2013, 10:54 AM
thanks - bookmarked them

Rossterman
12-13-2013, 01:18 PM
If you are able to get the old seals out without damaging them a bearing house can get you replacements pretty cheap as well. as an fyi, Mfgs don't make the seals or bearings for their transmissions, wheel hubs, etc. they design the equipment to use existing seals and bearings then buy and stock them as replacement parts usually with a high markup.