PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done business with or know of Lake Effect Powersports

Waterskibum
12-11-2013, 11:03 AM
They are in Benton Harbor MI. Ryan posted an 08 PS190 on the eBay/CL/Etc. this morning they have that has me seriously considering selling my 93 S&S. Anyone close to there that could check it out?
Thanks
Dave

gsxrjtt
12-11-2013, 11:04 AM
that 190 they have looks sick

Waterskibum
12-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Hey Jessie,
How's your coming? I have not been up at the shop lately.
Yes it does :D

madcityskier
12-12-2013, 12:54 AM
The most I can say is that they had the best billboard I've ever seen. On a stretch of I-94 that follows a couple hours after the Chicago/Gary strip club signs, they have (I assume it's still there) a billboard with a picture of a boat, and the tag-line:
A REAL adult toy store.
Never have actually stopped in. That is an amazing looking boat though.

madcityskier
12-12-2013, 12:55 AM
FWIW, I like yours better. The 6.0 could be a hell of a draw though.

Waterskibum
12-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Ya we'll see what happens. I sat in the garage last night for a while staring at the boat wondering if I could really do it or not.... John E is trying to talk me out of it too ;)

rtw_travel
12-12-2013, 11:56 AM
One consideration - In a collectable car, you pay a premium for low mileage. If you intend on keeping it as a garage queen, then the premium is probably worth it. If you intend on using it as a daily driver, then you might as well buy one with mileage more commensurate with the age of the vehicle. Otherwise you piss the low mileage premium away as you drive it.

I don't know the value of this boat, or if there is a significant premium already in the price for the super low hours. But if there is, and if you intend on putting 100 hours a year on it, then it may not be worth paying extra for it. It would be kind of like taking new boat depreciation on a 6 year old used boat.

bjames
12-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Got any pics???

Waterskibum
12-12-2013, 12:26 PM
One consideration - In a collectable car, you pay a premium for low mileage. If you intend on keeping it as a garage queen, then the premium is probably worth it. If you intend on using it as a daily driver, then you might as well buy one with mileage more commensurate with the age of the vehicle. Otherwise you piss the low mileage premium away as you drive it.

I don't know the value of this boat, or if there is a significant premium already in the price for the super low hours. But if there is, and if you intend on putting 100 hours a year on it, then it may not be worth paying extra for it. It would be kind of like taking new boat depreciation on a 6 year old used boat.

Very good point. I am both into collectable cars and MasterCrafts, so I see your point. I know that in the car market mileage and originality are king. I have a 99 Trans Am in the garage that has only 13,000 miles on it, and keep it low just for the future collectability. In boats I am not sure the case is the same, or at least I have not seen it. I think the value in a ski boat is #1 Wake, #2 Motor/trans, #3 Condition. The first two = desirability, #3 depends on how bad you want #1 and #2. The 91-94 hull is the Jesus wake of all time, and people will buy one and fix it up to have that wake. Couple that with additional things like it being an anniversary edition you have a big advantage.
So to make a long answer short. The 24 hours does not make it worth more; but couple in the 40th anniversary edition PS190 (of which I was told there were only four made), and the LY6 motor, there is where your market value comes in. 24 hours is a bonus; but you could have a boat with 500 hours that could cosmetically look the same, if taken care of.

broncotw
12-12-2013, 12:51 PM
That 08 PS190 is pretty sick! I am not a fan of the color red but that's a nice clean boat!

JohnE
12-12-2013, 12:51 PM
I was cautioning you about selling it when I thought you were just going to be boatless. To upgrade to the 40th I would do it in a heartbeat if the 40th is priced right.

I don't think the 6.0 necessarily makes it worth more. If I were buying one I'd prefer the MCX. But I don't foot. To me the 24 hours definitely makes it worth more than if it had say 250 hours. Mostly in terms of resale. Buyers want low hours (for mostly unjustified reasons IMO)

epnault
12-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Talked to the dealer $36k takes it
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=41254

Does andone know if zero off can be installed on this model year

Aric'sX15
12-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Talked to the dealer $36k takes it
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=41254

Does andone know if zero off can be installed on this model year

where did i see this for 29k???

madcityskier
12-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Ya we'll see what happens. I sat in the garage last night for a while staring at the boat wondering if I could really do it or not.... John E is trying to talk me out of it too ;)

At least Covi is interested in your S&S. Couldn't ask for a better home to send her to than that.

rtw_travel
12-12-2013, 02:08 PM
where did i see this for 29k???

Wasn't that the opening ask on Ebay? Presumably ther reserve is higher

scott023
12-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Wasn't that the opening ask on Ebay? Presumably ther reserve is higher

I think you're right.

Waterskibum
12-12-2013, 02:42 PM
I was cautioning you about selling it when I thought you were just going to be boatless. To upgrade to the 40th I would do it in a heartbeat if the 40th is priced right.

I don't think the 6.0 necessarily makes it worth more. If I were buying one I'd prefer the MCX. But I don't foot. To me the 24 hours definitely makes it worth more than if it had say 250 hours. Mostly in terms of resale. Buyers want low hours (for mostly unjustified reasons IMO)

LOL! My bad John. Thought you saw the threads about what was going on :) Me go boatless? Never!!

McFire
12-12-2013, 02:53 PM
I bought an '88 Supra from Lake Effect, and later traded that in on my '94 PS190 also from Lake Effect. I thought both transactions were good deals and went smoothly. I would buy from them again if I ever move on from the '94.

Waterskibum
12-12-2013, 07:33 PM
I bought an '88 Supra from Lake Effect, and later traded that in on my '94 PS190 also from Lake Effect. I thought both transactions were good deals and went smoothly. I would buy from them again if I ever move on from the '94.

Cool thanks for the info. Ya Tyler sounds like a good guy on the phone.

Ryan
12-12-2013, 10:08 PM
They are in Benton Harbor MI. Ryan posted an 08 PS190 on the eBay/CL/Etc. this morning they have that has me seriously considering selling my 93 S&S. Anyone close to there that could check it out?
Thanks
Dave

As long as I get a pull if I'm ever in Tampa, I'll waive my finders fee...
If you can afford it, I say go for it. You can always find another '93 if you're so inclined. With the slump '08 economy and shift to wakeboarding those 40th boats are extremely rare.

Waterskibum
12-13-2013, 09:57 AM
As long as I get a pull if I'm ever in Tampa, I'll waive my finders fee...
If you can afford it, I say go for it. You can always find another '93 if you're so inclined. With the slump '08 economy and shift to wakeboarding those 40th boats are extremely rare.

Haha! You got it. From what I was told, only four 40th 190's were made, and not sure how many with the LY6.