PDA

View Full Version : Going Postal

neil.anderson63
12-10-2013, 04:26 PM
:rant: I received a registered letter notice and was forced to journey to my local Post Office. First off, their hours stink - 8:30-5:00 M-F 12:00-4:00 Saturday. (I work 8am-6pm) I tried Saturday: After standing in line for 20 min and never moving up, I left. Upon returning this morning at 8:20am I found that I was 18th in line before the doors even opened. To my amazement, there are adults who have no EFFING idea how to prepare a box for shipping: NO, you can't just bring a paper bag and expect the clerk to wrap it up with tape and ship it. NO, you can't just write TO: on the return address of a box you received and FROM: on your address in the middle of the box. NO: You can't get 2cent holiday stamps to go along with your Holiday 47 cent stamps to match. I'm sure your Christmas card recipients won't freak out when the stamps on your Christmas cards aren't 100% Holiday themed. NO, You can't just bring a big open box of items and drop it on the counter for the clerk to send off - YOU must tape and address the box for them.
Yes, after 40 minutes I made it to the counter to get my registered letter.

Double D
12-10-2013, 04:38 PM
That sucks and feel your pain. I just spent over 30 minutes at the DMV and in that time period only 4 numbers were called.

I hope the letter had good news in it!!

skitilldark
12-10-2013, 04:39 PM
:rant: I received a registered letter notice and was forced to journey to my local Post Office. First off, their hours stink - 8:30-5:00 M-F 12:00-4:00 Saturday. (I work 8am-6pm) I tried Saturday: After standing in line for 20 min and never moving up, I left. Upon returning this morning at 8:20am I found that I was 18th in line before the doors even opened. To my amazement, there are adults who have no EFFING idea how to prepare a box for shipping: NO, you can't just bring a paper bag and expect the clerk to wrap it up with tape and ship it. NO, you can't just write TO: on the return address of a box you received and FROM: on your address in the middle of the box. NO: You can't get 2cent holiday stamps to go along with your Holiday 47 cent stamps to match. I'm sure your Christmas card recipients won't freak out when the stamps on your Christmas cards aren't 100% Holiday themed. NO, You can't just bring a big open box of items and drop it on the counter for the clerk to send off - YOU must tape and address the box for them.
Yes, after 40 minutes I made it to the counter to get my registered letter.

There is a really funny movie in this.

scott023
12-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Seems the post office is a joke anywhere you go.

neil.anderson63
12-10-2013, 04:42 PM
That sucks and feel your pain. I just spent over 30 minutes at the DMV and in that time period only 4 numbers were called.

I hope the letter had good news in it!!

It was definitely good news. :banana:

soacj
12-10-2013, 04:44 PM
You can't get 2cent holiday stamps to go along with your Holiday 47 cent stamps to match. I'm sure your Christmas card recipients won't freak out when the stamps on your Christmas cards aren't 100% Holiday themed.

:D:D:D

Tommy1005
12-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Our post office has a seperate window for pickups where no money needs to be exchanged. Might look around for one of those next time.

D3skier
12-10-2013, 05:30 PM
and they wonder why the post office is going broke

maxpower220
12-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Why don't you get stuffed Fedex'd?

thatsmrmastercraft
12-10-2013, 05:45 PM
It is way past the time to give up on the post office. UPS and FedEx are more than willing to take over all of this. And make money at it while providing better service. Sounds like a huge tax savings to me.

TOO-TALL
12-10-2013, 06:40 PM
I agree.... get rid of the post office

snork
12-10-2013, 07:15 PM
86 the US post office, lost billions last quarter, I'd be more than happy to get rid of the box in my front yard

neil.anderson63
12-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Dare to dream, I had no control of how it was sent to me. I'm no fan of the Post Office or how they use our tax dollars to subsidize a business model that is not profitable. Shut it down or charge the junk mailers $1.00 for each flier they send to me. Heck, I just throw it all in my recycling bin right along with the phone books I never use. Good God, I'm fired up!! :rant:
BTW: My Dad is a retired UPS Pacific region Feeder Manager. I grew up with Brown.
Is it summer yet??? I miss the lake. :(

Footin
12-10-2013, 07:56 PM
I love how friendly they are at the counter.

Footin
12-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Funny they talk about no Saturday delivery; I think they should go to 3 days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

atihanyi
12-10-2013, 09:10 PM
The Area I Live In The Hours Are Even Worse .no Wonder They Are Broke!

bsloop
12-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Funny they talk about no Saturday delivery; I think they should go to 3 days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

I worked for the Post Office supply fulfillment years ago. Most f'ed up place with antiquated processes.
Lazy, unmotivated, union protected, gun magazine readers. Its no wonder "going Postal" was happening so frequently.

I have said for years they needed to go to 3 day delivery. Half on M, W, F; half on T, R, S.
This would reduce vehicles and delivery staff by half. There is nothing that goes out or arrives USPS that is time critical.

hondaprlud
12-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Half delivery? It could happen once a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

thatsmrmastercraft
12-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Anyone consider what we would do with all the out of work postal union employees that have no real world work qualifications if we shut down the post office. http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/dunno.gif.pagespeed.ce.5xOqKkq0Co.gif

zsqure
12-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Anyone consider what we would do with all the out of work postal union employees that have no real world work qualifications if we shut down the post office. http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/dunno.gif.pagespeed.ce.5xOqKkq0Co.gif

Uh, they could run for office? Maybe they will be president some day? What could it hurt...

dt37803
12-10-2013, 10:51 PM
They could work for fed ex or ups and run them into bankruptcy

kskonn
12-11-2013, 12:15 AM
and they wonder why the post office is broke and losing money

Fixed ^^^