PDA

View Full Version : 2013 F150 eco boost 6' or 5' bed


gsxrjtt
12-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Looking at 2013 F150 they said the super cab with the 6' bed has different chassis then the 5' is this true.. any one have any thoughts about the two ?? Better or worse

CruisinGA
12-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Looking at the same truck. Online it says 5.5' or 6.5'?

The 6' bed on my current tundra is perfect...

snork
12-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Bigger the better wish the F150 supercrew had a 8' bed

Aric'sX15
12-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Had the 5.5 bed on mine. Personally it worked well for me for moving and other small stuff like hauling mulch. I think the 6.5 bed looks un proportional on the f150!

CruisinGA
12-10-2013, 11:13 AM
If you use a toolbox like I do there is almost no room left in the 5.5. I'm not sure I could fit my dirtbikes in the bed even with the tailgate down on a 5.5' bed

gsxrjtt
12-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Thats my deal I haul alot of motorcycles and always have had the larger bed not sure if i want to go to the smaller bed.. Just didnt know hot the truck drives compared to the 5'5

bobx1
12-10-2013, 12:58 PM
For looks, the 5.5.

For functionality, the 6.5 all day long.

scott023
12-10-2013, 01:07 PM
The 6.5 looks too big, IMO. Farm truck looking...

thatsmrmastercraft
12-10-2013, 01:14 PM
For looks, the 5.5.

For functionality, the 6.5 all day long.

My F150 has a 6.5 and I would never go with the 5.5. There would be too many occasions where there wouldn't be enough room.

gsxrjtt
12-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Thatsmrmastercraft; Do you have a 2011 or up f150 how does it drive with the bigger bed ??

thatsmrmastercraft
12-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Thatsmrmastercraft; Do you have a 2011 or up f150 how does it drive with the bigger bed ??

Sorry, my truck is older.....can't offer anything.

Alan-S
12-10-2013, 01:53 PM
I have heard that the axle wrap shudder is worse on the 6.5'. I have the 5.5 Crew Eco and love it.

bjen
12-10-2013, 02:50 PM
I have a 2010 with the 6.5, I like the bigger bed and have used every inch but you still need to leave the tailgate down for most quads, dirtbikes, lumber etc.
The longer bed makes it tougher in parking lots and mine is VERY tight in my garage-
I'm sure I would miss it but I will go shortbox next time.

pap
12-10-2013, 03:05 PM
I have a fairly large garage and the SCREW with 5.5 bed is a tight fit. If you go with the larger bed make sure you've got the space for it.

90% of the time for me the 5.5 is plenty of space (and I have a roll n lock bed cover which eats a few inches up front), the other 10% of the time I deal with it.

gsxrjtt
12-10-2013, 03:05 PM
thats what im having the proab deciding, yes 4 full door but cutting back my bed. BJEN did you drive the short bed to compare it

Ironhorse
12-10-2013, 03:08 PM
thats what im having the proab deciding, yes 4 full door but cutting back my bed. BJEN did you drive the short bed to compare it

I have the 4 door 5.5 Tundra and you can fit a motocross bike corner to corner with the tailgate closed.

bjen
12-10-2013, 04:19 PM
thats what im having the proab deciding, yes 4 full door but cutting back my bed. BJEN did you drive the short bed to compare it

Yes, I have driven and been in the 5.5ft bed many times and I didn't really notice any difference in the way it drove other than parking lots. One of the biggest differences I found was one of the trucks I drive has 20" tires and I have 18's and i find the 20's to make the ride a little harsher.

gsxrjtt
12-10-2013, 04:29 PM
OK got ya.. also where you at in alberta

bjen
12-10-2013, 04:50 PM
OK got ya.. also where you at in alberta

Edmonton.

gsxrjtt
12-10-2013, 04:56 PM
nice ill be up there for new years

jwroblew
12-10-2013, 05:15 PM
I've got a 5.5 F150, and haul my motorcycle around small cruiser, 650lbs with now problem tail gate down. I don't even think if I had the 6.5 if I would be able to out the tail gate up. The 20" tires do ride worse than the 18" tires. Makes perfect sense though, less side wall rubber volume to take the impacts.

bjen
12-10-2013, 06:15 PM
nice ill be up there for new years

you can look forward to this then, been a pretty snowy year so far.........:(