PDA

View Full Version : More than 250 Wakeboard boats!

Wake the World
12-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Wow! That's how many boats volunteered for Wake the World events last year! What an incredible season, you guys are awesome! Our Wake the World family is growing like crazy! We have had events in 18 states + Alberta, Canada. We have already added 4 new events for 2014, NW Oregon, Mississippi, Smith Mt. Lake, VA and Lake Gaston, VA. A Wake the World event is a day that will likely change your life. Check our website and see what all the fuss is about. www.waketheworld.org Here is a promo video from 2012.
https://vimeo.com/52694176

scottdunn
12-08-2013, 08:18 PM
This is an awesome organization. My family and I have helped for many years and look forward to it each year.

jradasaurus
12-08-2013, 08:22 PM
This looks like a great organization and a fun time. Too bad there is nothing near my area.

Astepatatime
12-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Participating in an event was one of the highlights of our year. You and your organization are a class act and the smiles on the kids is priceless.

pjm14945
12-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I ran an event at Lake Jordan in NC this past year. Greg Hodgins was awesome to work with. If there is not an event in your area, think of creating one. Greg and others will help you along the way.

tdjaster
12-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Been working with Wake the World Texas for 4 years...one of the best things I get to be associated with.

Wake the World
12-14-2013, 10:48 PM
You guys are awesome!

These events are so incredible. Not only are you doing something awesome for the kids, you are also creating long lasting friendships. You will not believe the high caliber of people that volunteer for these events. I feel especially blessed because I know or have met most of them. There have also been a few romances that began at a WTW event.

I try make it to as many events as I can, but it has become impossible (and I am thankful that there are more events than I can go to) I try to make it to all the new events especially if they have never done an event.

The kids will absolutely melt your hearts......I absolutely love being there to share that joy!

Jerseydave
12-15-2013, 03:38 PM
This looks like a great organization and a fun time. Too bad there is nothing near my area.

I'd love to be involved in an event in the Northeast area (PA, NJ, MD, NY, New England)
There is nothing on the map anywhere near these areas.
Anyone want to start the ball rolling and organize one?
Hopefully one of the MC dealers will chime in and volunteer to head this up.

Wake the World
12-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Jerseydave-
So far only one boat dealer has hosted an event, Boulder Boats in Nevada (MC,BU & Axis). Poplar Point Marina on Lake Gaston in Virginia (Nautique & Epic) is planning one for 2014 . Most of time it is boat owners like ourselves that host. We actually have a couple of non boat owners that host!

Wake the World
01-04-2014, 12:30 AM
Things seem to to be cruising right along for 2014. Besides all of the events that we have been having, here the new ones or the ones that are in the process of being planned.
NW Oregon (Portland)
Vancouver, BC, CA
Mississippi
Georgia
Orlando, FL
SML, VA
Lake Gaston, VA
Oxford, NC
Lake Tillery, NC
NorCal
Denver, CO
Lake Tillery, NC
Austin, TX

Things are about to get real busy for me! Boat Shows, Wake N Flake, WSIA conference, fundraisers and then our season starts! I absolutely LOVE sharing our passion with others. It makes my life worthwhile...