PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Christmas plans

mikeg205
12-07-2013, 08:09 PM
So I missed asking about Hanukkah 2013 - what are the MC TT brethren (and sisteren ;) ) doing this Christmas season.

At the mikeg205 household 12 people - we get to stay and family traveling to us... beef tenderloin - sides - red wine pairing still undecided...

Apple pie moonshine will be served this year (made from tax levied spirits of course) as well the usual christmas beverages...

Hope everyone has a great Christmas - if you get to ski good for you and of course I will be green with envy!!!

mikeg205
12-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Some cool performances...

http://distractify.com/people/amazing/pentatonix-little-drummer-boy/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X42eb7pZlGk

enjoy!

Nick911
12-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Well be in Maui, leave in a couple days!!!

scott023
12-07-2013, 10:10 PM
We're heading to the wives families place in Estevan. Nothing exciting...

bbymgr
12-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Typical family gathering with enough dysfunction to last a lifetime.

scott023
12-07-2013, 11:46 PM

That's classic. I know the feeling...

2RLAKE
12-08-2013, 10:13 AM

that's me ... heading to my wife's family ... better not say that i'm not looking forward to it ... but there is a Cabelas shopping day!

bturner2
12-08-2013, 10:25 AM
It's our turn to host this year, Christmas eve with the wife's extended family, Christmas day with my extended family. It'll be hectic but at least I won't have to drive anywhere this year. Looking forward to it.

scott023
12-08-2013, 10:54 AM
It's our turn to host this year, Christmas eve with the wife's extended family, Christmas day with my extended family. It'll be hectic but at least I won't have to drive anywhere this year. Looking forward to it.

Not having to drive always makes it better, IMO.

bbymgr
12-08-2013, 11:02 AM
that's me ... heading to my wife's family ... better not say that i'm not looking forward to it ... but there is a Cabelas shopping day!

I love this Paul Gilmartin bit. It sums the holiday season up.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHoZYeVts-Q

Snipe
12-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Christmas Eve our grand kids are involved with programs at our church, so we are looking forward to that. Christmas day everyone will be over at our house; 15 bodies. Great time. Lots to eat and sip on.

Rockman
12-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Last year, we had Christmas Day at our house...had about 60 people at the house including kids...had entire house inside and out decorated to the max including back yard and deck. It was fun.

This year, we are at one of my aunt's houses so only decorations up so far are 2 strands of led lights on the front gutter and the tree inside...wife is NOT happy! :D

So Christmas Eve we will be at our house (just a few of us) and then midnight mass. Christmas Day at my aunt's house which will consist of the normal holiday food (beef, sausage, salads, casseroles, etc.), some fun games for the kids and some drinking games for the adults and most likely one of the teenagers passing out before dinner...sucks trying to keep up with the elders when it comes to drinking! :D

I am off work the entire week with the kiddos so hope to get some shopping done and maybe even some sledding if we get enough snow. Maybe even a roadtrip up north if the weather permits.

To all those traveling...safe travels, take your time and get to your destination safely. Hope everyone has a great holiday season and look forward to hearing about the horror stories about how we all had to deal with the in-laws! :D

thatsmrmastercraft
12-08-2013, 11:44 AM
For those with youngsters, my local zoo has an Animal Planet live reindeer cam. Santa comes out to feed them at 1:00 pm ET on the 11th, 18th & 23rd.

http://www.apl.tv/reindeer.htm

Rockman
12-08-2013, 11:46 AM
For those with youngsters, my local zoo has an Animal Planet live reindeer cam. Santa comes out to feed them at 1:00 pm ET on the 11th, 18th & 23rd.

http://www.apl.tv/reindeer.htm

Sweet! Thanks!

thatsmrmastercraft
12-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Sweet! Thanks!

http://forums.catholic.com/images/smilies/ani/ani_tiphat.gif

atihanyi
12-08-2013, 11:54 AM

ditto:confused:

dt37803
12-08-2013, 11:58 AM

mikeg205
12-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Traveling to central Fla to be with family. Would be cool to get back on the water while there!

Hit up doospx - Jason - he's down there plus others in Land o' Lakes area...

JohnE
12-08-2013, 06:42 PM
First Christmas at our new house. Moved in in June. Low key, but I can't wait. Hosting Christmas Eve. Some family, some friends. Lots of great cooking going on. Proscuitto wrapped scallops, risotto balls, fried seafood (smelts, shrimp, callamari, salt cod - (traditional fishes)), clam chowdah, stuffed clams, and a few home made Italian pastries. (FIL is old time baker from the old country). Oh, and the holiday would not be complete in recent times without Momma UMP's Eggnog. Donnie doesn't frequent here these days, but we made a batch for Thanksgiving and will make another for Christmas.

trickskier
12-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Going to Universal Studios in Orlando for a couple of days but mostly staying home. :D

barefoot
12-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Hopefully everyone will be coming to us…we have a new baby that's arriving any day now :D

scott023
12-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Hopefully everyone will be coming to us…we have a new baby that's arriving any day now :D

There's nothing more exciting than that. Best wishes.

Stritt
12-09-2013, 09:39 PM
We will be at home Christmas then leaving to St. Thomas for some r & r until after New Years.

ttu
12-09-2013, 10:21 PM
well I will be with my girlfriend on Christmas eve and day. my son who will be home from osu and daughter will be with their mom until Christmas day evening. then we will do Christmas at my house and leave for winter park till new years!:D:D

atthelake
12-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Looks like barefoot is gonna gave a great Christmas! Best of luck and all the best !
We will be going to the cabin ( first Christmas there), just the wife, kids and monster in law!
Sledding and ice fishing! Oh, and some Christmas caesars!!!
I think some of my family are coming up for Boxing Day and more good times!

web
12-10-2013, 08:23 AM
We'll be skiing in Banff with a couple of other families. It's the first big vacation my family has taken in several years, and the first time my kids will be skiing out west, so we are super excited about the plan.

scott023
12-10-2013, 01:06 PM
We'll be skiing in Banff with a couple of other families. It's the first big vacation my family has taken in several years, and the first time my kids will be skiing out west, so we are super excited about the plan.

You're brave going to Banff at this time of year. Whereabouts you skiing at?

thatsmrmastercraft
12-10-2013, 01:16 PM

Was in that area a number of years back. Absolutely beautiful.

mccobmd
12-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Taking my daughter to NYC for her 21st birthday. We'll see Newsies, take a food tour and shopping for her birthday present.

jdl xstar
12-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Wife and I are leaving for Dublin Ireland this Thursday for a few days to check out the christmas markets, do some shopping and drink a WHOLE lot of Guiness. Really just looking forward to getting cozy in a low ceiling, dark, mostly candle lit pub and have a Jameson fueled conversation with a scraggly old local named Fitzwilliams. :D

scott023
12-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Taking my daughter to NYC for her 21st birthday. We'll see Newsies, take a food tour and shopping for her birthday present.

What an awesome gift. Good for you.

web
12-10-2013, 03:23 PM
You're brave going to Banff at this time of year. Whereabouts you skiing at?

Skiing at Lake Louise and Sunshine, maybe Norquay. Hopefully the temperature there doesn't return to what it was last week. We're fine with skiing in the cold, but that looked extra brutal.

scott023
12-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Skiing at Lake Louise and Sunshine, maybe Norquay. Hopefully the temperature there doesn't return to what it was last week. We're fine with skiing in the cold, but that looked extra brutal.

Oh, I want referring to the cold. I was more thinking if the tourists that take everything over in the town itself. Its beyond nuts there at Christmas. Absolutely beautiful though.

SunCoast 83
12-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Christmas parties with the families and friends.
Midnight Mass
Work work work......life in retail.
House is decorated inside and out. We love Christmas

Smarten
12-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Christmas Day with my family in Colo Spgs "grazing" on food all day then off to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo after dark. If you are any where near Colorado Springs from 12/16 through 1/1, you have GOT to check out the zoo. Over 1 million lights and most of the exhibits are open. Scenery is breathtaking!:popcorn: Then Saturday with my wife's family at Witcher Ranch hunting lodge in extreme S.E. Colo. Prime rib, sides, candy, cookies, much adult-type beverages:D:friday: breakfast on Sunday morning. More amazing scenery! I hope everyone has a very blessed Christmas this year! Happy Birthday Jesus!!!!