PDA

View Full Version : I got to tell my wife "I told you so."

H2ORidr
12-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Anyone that has been married for a while can relate to this. I never get to say I was right, ie "I told you so." Well, I got to say it without having the say it at all.

Backstory: my wife drinks out of water bottles with screw caps and he constantly leaves the bottle with the cap off and often near something (like a computer) that will be damaged if the bottle were to spill. This drives me NUTS! So for years I have just put the cap back on and politely once in a while tell her that what she does will cause problems eventually.

Well, it happened. We were at a dinner for my young daughter's swim team last night and we had to provide our own drinks. So my wife had her usual water bottle. Kids were running around like crazy and I on three separate occasions during the night put the cap back on her bottle. She eventually barked at me to stop it. So I grumbled "fine" to myself and I let it be. Not more than 10 minutes later I was standing ~10' from the table talking with some guys and a group of kids comes flying by the table, slamed into it, knocks the water bottle over and about half the water literally flew out of the bottle and into my wife's lap. And a bunch went right into her purse.

With all the might I could possibly muster I suppressed my urge to do a victory dance and I just smiled at her. Later that night she said to me "I'll put the cap back on from now on." :D

mikeg205
12-07-2013, 07:41 PM
lol... :D

jgraham37128
12-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Good for you! Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame!

uplander
12-07-2013, 07:58 PM
good story

buy her a camelbak water bottle for x-mas

http://www.rei.com/product/830413/camelbak-eddy-water-bottle-25-fl-oz

Tristarboarder
12-07-2013, 08:01 PM
A silent victory!! The best kind...Enjoy it while it lasts (short-lived) as these types of "told ya so" are rare like solar eclipses....:D

DemolitionMan
12-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Awesome!

TxsRiverRat
12-07-2013, 09:29 PM
I promise you'll pay for it 100x later down the road... For now, victory is yours brothah LOL

thatsmrmastercraft
12-07-2013, 09:31 PM
I love it. Haaaaaaaaa!

JimN
12-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Anyone that has been married for a while can relate to this. I never get to say I was right, ie "I told you so." Well, I got to say it without having the say it at all.

Backstory: my wife drinks out of water bottles with screw caps and he constantly leaves the bottle with the cap off and often near something (like a computer) that will be damaged if the bottle were to spill. This drives me NUTS! So for years I have just put the cap back on and politely once in a while tell her that what she does will cause problems eventually.

Well, it happened. We were at a dinner for my young daughter's swim team last night and we had to provide our own drinks. So my wife had her usual water bottle. Kids were running around like crazy and I on three separate occasions during the night put the cap back on her bottle. She eventually barked at me to stop it. So I grumbled "fine" to myself and I let it be. Not more than 10 minutes later I was standing ~10' from the table talking with some guys and a group of kids comes flying by the table, slamed into it, knocks the water bottle over and about half the water literally flew out of the bottle and into my wife's lap. And a bunch went right into her purse.

With all the might I could possibly muster I suppressed my urge to do a victory dance and I just smiled at her. Later that night she said to me "I'll put the cap back on from now on." :D

Get her a Camelbak water bottle- it doesn't need to be opened for drinking and it works great. For now, just start calling her 'Grasshopper'.

scott023
12-07-2013, 10:08 PM
That's an internal moment of glory.:D

bbymgr
12-07-2013, 10:51 PM
I dream of having a moment like that..........until then, I'll just live vicariously through you.:D

JohnE
12-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Enjoy, it will be all downhill from here.:D

trickskier
12-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Enjoy, it will be all downhill from here.:D

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

Indyxc
12-08-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm engaged, to be married in June.

Everything you hear about the GF to Mrs. transition is true. It's not that's she awful, she's great, the entertaining part is the transition.

Me: Where are my shoes?
GF: Here are they honey. MRS: WHERE THEY BELONG!

Me: I'm thirsty.
GF: Let me get you a drink. MRS: We're out of drinks.

Me: Well that didn't go well.
GF: I'm sorry babe. MRS: How many times did I tell you, your idea was a bad one.

On and on. It's all wonderful though.

TxsRiverRat
12-09-2013, 12:44 AM
My daughter asked me once "daddy, how much does it cost to get married?

I smiled and oprudly said: "I'm not sure sweety, I'm still paying for it..."

Waterskibum
12-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Haha!! Yep you think you were right; but as guys, especially married guys we are still always wrong :)

kskonn
12-09-2013, 09:43 AM
The old but true saying, "you can be right, or you can be happy, your choice!"

ahhudgins
12-09-2013, 01:16 PM
The old but true saying, "you can be right, or you can be happy, your choice!"
Very true in my case. After 25 years of marriage I have determined that there are two phrases that I will never hear from my wife: "I am sorry" and "I was wrong". It is more important to me that I have a boat driver.:rolleyes: H2Oridr should savour his moment!

bsloop
12-09-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm engaged, to be married in June.

Everything you hear about the GF to Mrs. transition is true. It's not that's she awful, she's great, the entertaining part is the transition.

Me: Where are my shoes?
GF: Here are they honey. MRS: WHERE THEY BELONG!

Me: I'm thirsty.
GF: Let me get you a drink. MRS: We're out of drinks.

Me: Well that didn't go well.
GF: I'm sorry babe. MRS: How many times did I tell you, your idea was a bad one.

On and on. It's all wonderful though.

Just wait til after the ceremony.........
The BJ disappears.
Roll over middle of the night and drunk from the bar sex turns into "not now"

Then the baby comes. I would take month of heavy college study all nighters or bingers vs a baby in trying to catch up on sleep. And I thought our first was pretty decent as baby stories go.
Oh yeah, got another one of those coming next spring myself....what was I thinking?

I never worry about the "told you so" moments. Usually, who ever is the more aggressive or greater risk taker in the relationship will have more of those moments against them. (usually the male)
The male forgets a specific taunt quickly but a woman holds it in memory and keeps stewing and reliving it. Then it surfaces 6mo or a year later and the man is like "***? where did that come from? Well remember when......"

thatsmrmastercraft
12-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Just wait til after the ceremony.........
The BJ disappears.
Roll over middle of the night and drunk from the bar sex turns into "not now"

Then the baby comes. I would take month of heavy college study all nighters or bingers vs a baby in trying to catch up on sleep. And I thought our first was pretty decent as baby stories go.
Oh yeah, got another one of those coming next spring myself....what was I thinking?

I never worry about the "told you so" moments. Usually, who ever is the more aggressive or greater risk taker in the relationship will have more of those moments against them. (usually the male)
The male forgets a specific taunt quickly but a woman holds it in memory and keeps stewing and reliving it. Then it surfaces 6mo or a year later and the man is like "***? where did that come from? Well remember when......"

I always accused my ex of keeping a book because no one could remember the exact details of such inconsequential events. :rolleyes:

broncotw
12-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Enjoy it bro! As others have mentioned -- for every ONE little victory you have your gonna encounter a thousand times when you are blamed or told your wrong!

Jager
12-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Ahhh It'll be alright.. It's only water.... Curious what are your boat rules?

madcityskier
12-10-2013, 09:25 AM
I don't get it. I tell my wife this all the time...

Then she looks at me and says,
"No you didn't. Now keep washing, those dishes aren't gonna clean themselves. And when you're done, make me a turkey pot pie."

H2ORidr
12-10-2013, 04:56 PM

You were thinking "woo-hoo I'm going to get lucky!" and then hormones kicked in and it was all downhill from there.