PDA

View Full Version : Charleston, SC MC shops??????

rabooze
10-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Anyone know of a place I can take my MC around Charleston to get it winterized?

pilot02
10-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Trophy Lakes??

BriEOD
10-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Nope, Trophy doesn't do any MC service anymore. They only run the ski school, pro shop, etc. The closest place you could get service done on your MC is at the MC dealer in Columbia.

kjohnson
10-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Don't use the dealer in Columbia. You will wait forever and your boat just sits out there in the elements.

USC8791
10-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Don't use the dealer in Columbia. You will wait forever and your boat just sits out there in the elements.

I agree. Steer clear of the Columbia dealer (Mid-Carolina)! Looks like you'll have to go to Charlotte like me.

H20skeefreek
10-30-2005, 07:16 PM
yeah, i agree, stay away from Mid-Carolina. They suck. There is a new dealer in the up-state, so maybe Mid-Carolina is losing their dealership????

If I had the money, I'd open a MC dealership in Columbia.

hmmmm.....LBL MasterCraft..........

BriEOD
10-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Hmmm...so what are you guys trying to say about Mid-Carolina MC? :rolleyes:

H20skeefreek
10-31-2005, 10:39 AM
oh nothing....just that they still have a 2004 in stock and no one there even knows what a MasterCraft is. I called about an early Maristar 210, they told me that it was a Vdrive, there was never a maristar direct drive. I told them that they had one is stock and they told me that I was wrong, it wasn't possible. The guy argued with me 'til we got out to it. IDIOT.

BriEOD
10-31-2005, 12:07 PM
Wow...remind me not to waste the 1.5 hr drive up there.

mthreadgill-tt
11-01-2005, 02:04 AM
No do not go to Mid Carolina....they did lose there dealership along with foothills and JOA in Atl. New MasterCraft Dealer is Carolina MasterCraft will be in Anderson opening Jan '06

H20skeefreek
11-01-2005, 08:03 AM
It's ridiculous that the only MC dealer in SC is in the upstate. nothing in Charleston (where more world records have been set than anywhere) and nothing in the midlands. I have to drive to Atlanta, Anderson(?!?!?!), or Charlotte. For now, I'll take Charlotte. And thank goodness I don't want a CC, I don't think they have a dealer except for Whitlake in NC and then it's SECC in ORLANDO.

H20skeefreek
11-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Really Rabooze the answer should have been: Do it yourself it's easy. go to West Marine and pick up some stabalizer, fogging oil and 5 gallons of antifreeze. We can walk you through it if your aren't comfortable. If you want to bring it to Columbia, I'll do it for you, but I'm not sure you can afford me :laugh:

BriEOD
11-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why Trophy Lakes stopped being a MC dealer. I know they exclusively use MCs but unsure otherwise.

USC8791
11-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why Trophy Lakes stopped being a MC dealer. I know they exclusively use MCs but unsure otherwise.

Trophy Lakes is being operated by H2Osmosis now. I don't think theywant to be in the boat business. They are now the sole source supplierfor fogman bindings (I think). When they did sell MC, they had to work their deals through a dealer in Florida. They were never price competitive, plus there's not much of a DD market in Charleston.

I'm so glad to hear Foothills and Mid-Carolina's franchises have been pulled! Rob May told me 7 years ago (at a boat show) they were thinking about pulling Mid-Carolina's (man that took a long time).

BriEOD
11-02-2005, 07:31 AM
Trophy Lakes is being operated by H2Osmosis now. I don't think theywant to be in the boat business. They are now the sole source supplierfor fogman bindings (I think). When they did sell MC, they had to work their deals through a dealer in Florida. They were never price competitive, plus there's not much of a DD market in Charleston.

Yes, I knew about H2O taking over. You're right about the selling aspect as well. They worked through the MC dealer in Orlando. However, they still did service if needed.

As far as their not being a "DD market in Charleston" I don't fully agree with you. Their is plenty of freshwater as you move just a little west from the coast: upper Ashley, upper Cooper, Tail Race, Lake Moultrie/Marion. I see a DD just about everytime I go out.