PDA

View Full Version : Fogging the Engine

Lee Phillips
10-27-2005, 02:28 PM
How do you fog the engine with EFI. New to the freezing weather and I think that I understand everything involved except the fogging of the motor. This is stuff I didn't have to worry about in CA.

Confused in VA

east tx skier
10-27-2005, 02:33 PM
According to the current manual, you lift up the flame arrestor and spray fogging oil (Marvel Mystery Oil also used to be mentioned in the manual) into the intake on the throttle body. The procedure may vary for your engine as you've got a 2000 190 with the HO engine, right? With carbs and TBI, I know you just spray the stuff into the throat of the carb or throttle body until it smokes, kills it, or both. Some, myself included, remove the plugs and spray the cylinders.

I've not heard that it's different for your application, but I'll leave that for someone more familiar with it.

dog paw
10-27-2005, 02:58 PM
The EFI setup we use in the shop to get the mix in the top end will hook to the PCV hose.

Lee Phillips
10-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the advice, I was not certain how to use the marval mystery oil, but a spray can of fogging oil makes sence.

Leroy
10-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Agree, I can see pouring Marvel's mystery oil down a carb, but could I get a stream of oil so it would be sucked up in my LTR1 EFI engine, I doubt it.

east tx skier
10-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Yeah, you can use the Marvel in the TBI rather easily, too. But on an MPI setup, sort of hard.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Agree, I can see pouring Marvel's mystery oil down a carb, but could I get a stream of oil so it would be sucked up in my LTR1 EFI engine, I doubt it.
Squirt bottle. No?