PDA

View Full Version : Boat Lifts

vandam.justin
12-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Looking into getting a slip next year and pretty sure a boat lift is a must. Whats the best place to get one, kind, places to get them used etc..? I have an 01 x30 23 ft.

ttu
12-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I bought a 3 year old hydrohoist off craigslist here locally. might check there. I paid $3K for mine.

I got lucky and the guy who owned the lift also had a x2 just in a different marina at the lake. cost me $500 to have the lift moved across the lake and have it set up at the much nicer marina.

atihanyi
12-03-2013, 08:50 PM
e have a company locally called vibo marine . google them . they make a really nice lift and are reasonable priced I would highly suggest a direct drive power winch as well

jafo9
12-03-2013, 10:44 PM
welcome. what kind of lift are you looking for? or a better question may be what kind of lifts are prevalent on your lake?

fskof
12-04-2013, 09:29 AM
These are very popular by me.

http://www.sunstreamcorp.com/Sunlift.htm

vandam.justin
12-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Not really sure what I even need. Very unfamiliar. Just looking for something reliable and not trying to break the bank.

jgraham37128
12-31-2013, 05:22 PM
I would try to find one locally getting it moved will be an added expense. I purchased a 4000lb hydro-hoist last year and my X2 was fine with it, but it was at max capacity. This year my dock neighbor moved to Florida and he had a newer 6600lb hydro Hoist. I purchased his and sold mine and am just moving to his slip so I don't have to pay an added $400-$500 dollars to move it.

bret
01-01-2014, 08:14 AM
I like the hydro hoist as they come straight up but my marina is getting particular on lifts and with the new docks, the front mount is the one they prefer and the manufacturer is only 1.5 hours away - we don't have a hydro hoist dealer close. New /Installed it was $4600 for a 4000# lift for the 190. As with all lifts, take measurements from your trailer and use those same measurements on your lift(fit your bunks) - this way the lift matches the trailer, which matches the stringers and hull strength of the boat. Good luck, BTW, the lift manufacturer does do a tournament package on the lift, this means longer threaded rods to the framing for the bunks, so it clears all underwater gear.

jafo9
01-01-2014, 10:36 AM
just curious, besides the situation where you can only front mount, what is the benefit of a front mount lift?

TN X-45
01-01-2014, 12:55 PM
$4600 is a great price. They go for ~6k around here. I bought used and wish I had bought new.....

Table Rocker
01-01-2014, 02:30 PM
just curious, besides the situation where you can only front mount, what is the benefit of a front mount lift?
To me, the front mount is more stable in rough water and is much quieter. The side mounts seem to rock around much more in all directions.

The negative to the front mount is you need more depth under the rear of the lift to load/launch. If your slip is in shallow water, you might not be able to use the front mount. Having an inboard makes the situation worse, since the bunks need to be so high above the frame to accommodate our running gear.