PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard binding - Wide feet

03x30
12-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Any suggestions. I'm a bigger guy (~240) and have a 10.5 wide foot. Board is a 2013 Marek 145. I don't really have a preference closed/open toe .. my current bindings are ancient 2004 Hyperlite Belmonts and they have gotten so stiff that I can barely get them on/off. Thanks in advance!

tkemperdc
12-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Any suggestions. I'm a bigger guy (~240) and have a 10.5 wide foot. Board is a 2013 Marek 145. I don't really have a preference closed/open toe .. my current bindings are ancient 2004 Hyperlite Belmonts and they have gotten so stiff that I can barely get them on/off. Thanks in advance!

I have a 10.5 foot, I use the byerly closed toe. I am about 220. love them and for me plenty of room, but my foot is not wide but I would say it would fit nicely. I did have Ronix One boots too on a friends fit nice, and I would think too room for your foot.

GoneBoatN
12-03-2013, 07:07 PM
I have a wide fore foot, high arch, pronating foot that slams a bunion into the side of the boot every time I put pressure on the foot – doesn’t get much better than that. I was just looking at new snow ski boots over the weekend and was reminded of just what a PITA my feet are.

I used to have 2010 Ronix Cells. They fit my foot pretty good as far as the wide forefoot and high arch. They did seem to run a little sort so they were a bit tight. I ended up damaging the liner (peeled the material off of the foam). I would have been better off with a larger size.

My son has Ronix Ones and the couple times I tried them my foot cramped even though his are a size larger than what I wear – I suspect from my high arch issue. To me this boot had too tight of a fit. I don't care for the design where you don't have access to the lower laces for adjustment. This prohibits you from really opening up the boot for entry.

I also tried on a pair of CWB model JT. They seemed good for a wide fore foot. However it seemed like the whole boot was wider and I just did not seem to like that. Also, IMO they did not seem to be as high a quality as the Liquid Force boots.

So I ended up getting the Liquid Force Harley’s. Uglier than sin in my opinion but they were the boot that fit the best.

Feet and good fit is such an individual thing. If you are like me and have difficult feet to get a comfortable (e.g. one that does not cause mucho pain) fit, my suggestion is to go to a local store and try on everything available and only then make a decision.

Aric'sX15
12-03-2013, 08:33 PM
You have a 2013 marek but you have boots from 04??? Lol.
Get the matching marek boots. Theyre amazing! With the boa system and the new system bindings are sweet!!!!!

03x30
12-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Sorry .. My previous board was a 04 Hyperlite Belmont 144 w/ the 04 bindings. I'm replacing both. I actually like the board but the bindings stink .. w/ the different hole patterns, its time for both to go. The Marek was my first decision, now I have analysis paralysis on the bindings. I'm sure a lot has changed since then ;)

03x30
12-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Holy crap batman ... I just checked and my board is a 2001!!! (a space odyssey) I didn't have a real boat for about 4 years (during the time we had 3 kids) so I've been out of the game, I guess longer than I thought.

MI_Corey
12-03-2013, 11:26 PM
I would say go with the Marek boots. You will love the systems! I have a '12 Marek Nova core and wanted the Marek boots but I have a narrow foot and they were way too wide so I went with '11 Murray boots and system pro bindings. My dad has the Ronix one bindings and those also felt very wide even though they were a size small for me so I'd say either of those would be a good bet.

mitchelmilitiapres
12-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Either a Ronix or Hyperlite/Byerly bindings are the best to go with. They offer the heat molded liner which conforms to your foot. I have a very wide and flat 10.5 foot. I went with the size 11 marek boots and have not worn a set of bindings that were more comfortable or secure. I need to replace them now after a season and a half of hard riding, they are busted! Probably going to go with the Process or Webb boots. Reason being, I want to stay away from those plastic sinches (not sure if that's the official term) that hold the laces in place, because they wear out more quickly than I would like and don't always stay in place on hard landings or crashes like the lace up models would. Just my $.02. Happy Hunting!

03x30
12-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Unfortunately here in the Wash. DC area there aren't a lot of places to go trying things on, so its someone of a gamble. ~chad

imyourmaster
01-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Either a Ronix or Hyperlite/Byerly bindings are the best to go with. They offer the heat molded liner which conforms to your foot. I have a very wide and flat 10.5 foot. I went with the size 11 marek boots and have not worn a set of bindings that were more comfortable or secure. I need to replace them now after a season and a half of hard riding, they are busted! Probably going to go with the Process or Webb boots. Reason being, I want to stay away from those plastic sinches (not sure if that's the official term) that hold the laces in place, because they wear out more quickly than I would like and don't always stay in place on hard landings or crashes like the lace up models would. Just my $.02. Happy Hunting!

Just curious... I have no arch under my feet...rather flat as a pancake. I find my left foot cramping up like a SOB after 10 minutes wakeboarding. It sucks to say the least. It gets so bad that I have to quit and give it a rest. I ride with Ronix closed toe boots and they offer the right amount of room. Not sure why only my left foot cramps up since my right foot is dominant and carries most of the weight. Did you experience similair issues in the past?

03x30
01-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Just curious... I have no arch under my feet...rather flat as a pancake. I find my left foot cramping up like a SOB after 10 minutes wakeboarding. It sucks to say the least. It gets so bad that I have to quit and give it a rest. I ride with Ronix closed toe boots and they offer the right amount of room. Not sure why only my left foot cramps up since my right foot is dominant and carries most of the weight. Did you experience similair issues in the past?

You might try changing your binding locations. You are most likely doing some sort of weird compensation with that foot and therefore causing it to cramp. Your weight might need to be a little more balanced. Doesn't sound like its the bindings necessarily .. more stance.

imyourmaster
01-07-2014, 06:52 PM
You might try changing your binding locations. You are most likely doing some sort of weird compensation with that foot and therefore causing it to cramp. Your weight might need to be a little more balanced. Doesn't sound like its the bindings necessarily .. more stance.

I think you're on to something here... I'm going to play around with the position of the front binding and see what happens. Right now it's all the way forward so bringing it in closer could be the answer. Thanks!

mitchelmilitiapres
01-09-2014, 11:33 AM

I'm like you man, barefoot, my arches touch the ground. Occasionally my foot may fall asleep, but that only happens on the extra long sets. In older boots, my feet would sometimes cramp up; and that was either due to the bindings being to tight or to flat on the insole.

Is the cramping up specifically happen in your arch or your whole foot?

How long have you had the boots? If you ride often, 3-4 sets a week, usually bindings (in my experience) you'll only get two seasons out of them at most. So it could be that they're worn out, and you've lost the support you need.

The only other remedy I can think of, which is relatively free, is ride switch more often (every set at least once) which could negate your foot pain due to use and you'll also broaden your riding capabilities.

imyourmaster
01-09-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm like you man, barefoot, my arches touch the ground. Occasionally my foot may fall asleep, but that only happens on the extra long sets. In older boots, my feet would sometimes cramp up; and that was either due to the bindings being to tight or to flat on the insole.

Is the cramping up specifically happen in your arch or your whole foot?

How long have you had the boots? If you ride often, 3-4 sets a week, usually bindings (in my experience) you'll only get two seasons out of them at most. So it could be that they're worn out, and you've lost the support you need.

The only other remedy I can think of, which is relatively free, is ride switch more often (every set at least once) which could negate your foot pain due to use and you'll also broaden your riding capabilities.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one dealing with this issue...kinda makes me feel "normal"! My whole foot cramps and goes numb. Riding switch instantly alleviates the discomfort but I am limited on the board in that position. My boots are brand new and totally flat on the bottom surface. I could try inserting a arch support to see if it helps and loosen up on the laces. I suppose there are a number of things I can try ouit next time...unfortunately, I only get to ride on weekends. Thanks so much for your input!