PDA

View Full Version : Winterize??? What's that? We play ALL year long!!!

imyourmaster
11-29-2013, 12:52 PM
And this is why we live in south Florida! Photos taken yesterday at Lake Placid...I heard it's snowing up north.... Wish you were here! :)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/30/utadatet.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/30/aju8aqut.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/30/evyra7ej.jpg

rtw_travel
11-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Be careful what you wish for! :-)

Tristarboarder
11-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks for rubbing it in!!! Cool pics though...gonna be a low of 4 degrees next week where I live...

cruiser
11-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Just scraped the windows on my truck, covered with snow and ice. Would rather be putting on suntan lotion!

Aric'sX15
11-29-2013, 02:19 PM
You suck

imyourmaster
11-29-2013, 02:26 PM
I think Burger King in Fort Lauderdale is hiring... Ready for a career change? In all honesty, I don't know how you guys handle the winter months up there. I have to wear a sweater when it hits a low of 70 down here.

Jerseydave
11-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Nice way to make friends, mister 65 posts.
Did you post this thread on here by mistake and meant to post on wakeworld??

scott023
11-29-2013, 02:39 PM
You suck

I'll second that...

imyourmaster
11-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Jerseydave, I'll take your reply in stride. My post was meant to be lighthearted whilst poking just a little fun. Did not mean to personally insult you and I apologize if you felt it I did. What has a member's number of posts have to do with anything? Stay cool sir.

lashburn1
11-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Jerseydave, I'll take your reply in stride. My post was meant to be lighthearted whilst poking just a little fun. Did not mean to personally insult you and I apologize if you felt it I did. What has a member's number of posts have to do with anything? Stay cool sir.

...I took in stride....
Were in San Diego... And it's way to cold for water sports.
I enjoyed the Pics too. Thanks

roadster02
11-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Florida? No thanks, unbelievable humidity, bugs(no seeums and others), alligators, hurricanes, toll roads, illegal alien cuban gangsters, big time drug gangs, salt water, etc. Naw. I will stay where the seasons change, and avoid all of the above, with the exception of the drug scum.

bigmac
11-29-2013, 03:53 PM
We get so few hurricanes up here, and damn few sinkholes (how'd you make out during Hurricane Irene)? The humidity pretty much sucks in Florida, and I hear that the snowmobiling is pretty bad too. Plus crime, drugs, nasty critters.....seems like a lot to have to put up with just to be able to ski year round.

No thanks.

:)

mikeg205
11-29-2013, 03:58 PM
it's not nice to rub it in the cold climate members... don't forget the mods are on cooler climates.. just sayin' ;)

skitilldark
11-29-2013, 04:09 PM

I think he's just messing with you. You suck= we're all jealous.

mikeg205
11-29-2013, 04:24 PM

LIKE!!!!

scott023
11-29-2013, 04:48 PM

DING DING DING

Jerseydave
11-29-2013, 04:49 PM

It's cool, just venting after a bad day. Your post count has nothing to do with your thread.
You're fortunate to live in a beautiful part of the country.
We northerners get a little grumpy this time of year since boats are all put away and we have 5 months to wait until we can hit the water again.
Yep nothing like spending $60K on a boat that only gets used 6 months (and only 3-4 months are warm enough to trunk it)
That's ok......I'm working on my long term goal of a lakefront house in FLA for 7-8 months a year the the rest of the time (summer) I'll be up north somewhere on a lake too. Best of both worlds.....and it will happen!

mikeg205
11-29-2013, 04:58 PM
It's cool, just venting after a bad day. Your post count has nothing to do with your thread.
You're fortunate to live in a beautiful part of the country.
We northerners get a little grumpy this time of year since boats are all put away and we have 5 months to wait until we can hit the water again.
Yep nothing like spending $60K on a boat that only gets used 6 months (and only 3-4 months are warm enough to trunk it)
That's ok......I'm working on my long term goal of a lakefront house in FLA for 7-8 months a year the the rest of the time (summer) I'll be up north somewhere on a lake too. Best of both worlds.....and it will happen!

Hey I resemble that remark ;)

barefoot
11-29-2013, 05:02 PM
I think the real question is how many hours do you have on your X2?

Aric'sX15
11-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Good lord, glad to see im not the only grumpy one. Lol. All these people that trash talk florida are probably jealous that theyre staring at ice and snow.

Btw, who doesnt have toll roads???? Lol

mikeg205
11-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Good lord, glad to see im not the only grumpy one. Lol. All these people that trash talk florida are probably jealous that theyre staring at ice and snow.

Btw, who doesnt have toll roads???? Lol

LMAO - Aric!

scott023
11-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Hey I resemble that remark ;)

You and me both...:(

Aric'sX15
11-29-2013, 05:30 PM
I always wondered why people live in cold climates. It snows in texas and the whole world shuts down!!! Lol

madcityskier
11-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Some of us love the snow. Grab some downhill skis and snowboards. Won't be long til you're always excited for whatever season's next. Great pics BTW.

bigmac
11-29-2013, 05:49 PM
I always wondered why people live in cold climates. It snows in texas and the whole world shuts down!!! Lol

It's true. People from California, Florida, and Texas always wonder about that...they can't grasp the concept that some/many people just don't want to live where they live.

While I'm glad I live on a lake in a part of the country where I can do both during the course of a year, to be honest I'd rather spend the day snowmobiling than boating.

I think Burger King in Fort Lauderdale is hiring... Ready for a career change? In all honesty, I don't know how you guys handle the winter months up there. I have to wear a sweater when it hits a low of 70 down here.

You must be immune to the oppressive heat and humidity of Florida. Hard to imagine that.

skitilldark
11-29-2013, 05:56 PM
I think the real question is how many hours do you have on your X2?

Yeah, go ahead, rub it in further with your hours count...over 1000 I'm guessing...

imyourmaster
11-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Listen guys, regardless of where we live...we all have one thing in common. We LOVE our Mastercrafts... and that's all that matters. Quite frankly, I miss having a white Christmas and yes, the bugs and heat can get a bit much down south. Nothing puts a smile on my face like seeing a Mastercraft cruise by! Feels like you have family and someone who shares the same enthusiasm as you :) Happy Holidays to all of of you MC lunatics!

scott023
11-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Some of us love the snow. Grab some downhill skis and snowboards. Won't be long til you're always excited for whatever season's next. Great pics BTW.

I'm all prepped to snowboard already. Bring it on.

Kyle
11-29-2013, 06:22 PM
If anyone has a right to be grumpy it's me. I hate the cold more than anyone on this thread. Below 55* it's cold to me btw.

Staring a new job in 2 weeks bc I do not have benefits being self employed. It is just time to go work in the workplace vs alone. This being said I am not only sick of what I am doing, the new place will provide health insurance (something I really need). So trying to ski this summer and only skiing 10 times it has been depressing. I have a torn rotator cuff and a torn miniscus. Skiing really hurt the few times that I got to go this year.

So while everyone gets to complain about cold. Just remember it could be worse. You could be cold and sidelined watching everyone have fun and then waiting through a pre existing conditions clause before getting treatment. Followed by 3-4 months down again. This being said I prolly won't be able to ski until aug 2014 and watch my friends and see everyone of you guys post up threads of fun.

I hope the OP is skiing every day. Grab a set for me please

mikeg205
11-29-2013, 06:25 PM
If anyone has a right to be grumpy it's me. I hate the cold more than anyone on this thread. Below 55* it's cold to me btw.

Staring a new job in 2 weeks bc I do not have benefits being self employed. It is just time to go work in the workplace vs alone. This being said I am not only sick of what I am doing, the new place will provide health insurance (something I really need). So trying to ski this summer and only skiing 10 times it has been depressing. I have a torn rotator cuff and a torn miniscus. Skiing really hurt the few times that I got to go this year.

So while everyone gets to complain about cold. Just remember it could be worse. You could be cold and sidelined watching everyone have fun and then waiting through a pre existing conditions clause before getting treatment. Followed by 3-4 months down again. This being said I prolly won't be able to ski until aug 2014 and watch my friends and see everyone of you guys post up threads of fun.

I hope the OP is skiing every day. Grab a set for me please

Torn miniscus - not good.. rotator cough my keep ya from 43 off.. heal up...

snork
11-29-2013, 07:22 PM
noth'n like get'n your arms ripped off your shoulders by a Mastercraft

lashburn1
11-29-2013, 07:48 PM
....yup.... got a lot of states to Choose from in this Country...there all pretty nice in there own way.... And they all have trade offs relative to their inhabitants ...
I like seeing everyone's post of their favorite spots... Makes me jealous being here in California
Good to be able to choose if you can.

and THAT, is something to be Thankful for this weekend..

Traxx822
11-29-2013, 08:22 PM
As bigmac said. Honestly, id rather spend a day snowmobiling than boating. Although you wouldn't be able to tell considering it's 1000-1 in money spent on each but still :cool:

As MadCity said, some people prefer the snow.

I would say, the OP has no idea what he is missing.

I can drive down to key west almost anytime I want with my boat and ride for a winter ride if I was jonesing that bad. But I don't, because the snow itch is just way too bad ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mikeg205
11-29-2013, 08:49 PM
As bigmac said. Honestly, id rather spend a day snowmobiling than boating. Although you wouldn't be able to tell considering it's 1000-1 in money spent on each but still :cool:

As MadCity said, some people prefer the snow.

I would say, the OP has no idea what he is missing.

I can drive down to key west almost anytime I want with my boat and ride for a winter ride if I was jonesing that bad. But I don't, because the snow itch is just way too bad ;)

Ok I see how it is... ;)

madcityskier
11-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Mike, bring Tax and we'll head to Devil's Head. Come once and you'll be back.

mikeg205
11-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Mike, bring Tax and we'll head to Devil's Head. Come once and you'll be back.

I have skied Devil's Head many times and Cascade... even was able to get to the UP once a year.

Gotten spoiled with the 15 or 25 minute ride to river. :D

Dalilamba
11-30-2013, 03:37 AM
You are a lucky man Deon. Enjoy it in good health.

imyourmaster
11-30-2013, 09:20 AM
You are a lucky man Deon. Enjoy it in good health.

Cheers to you Dallas! I trust all is well with you :) Audio project complete?

Stefan
11-30-2013, 04:36 PM
...seems tempting, but same season all year round would bore me to death...

atihanyi
11-30-2013, 07:08 PM
You suck

ditto:cool:

bigmac
11-30-2013, 07:51 PM
...seems tempting, but same season all year round would bore me to death...

To me, it would only seem tempting when there is still snow on the ground in April. Otherwise, I'd prefer to limit my time in the land of alligators, hurricanes, drug cartels, and amoebas to one-week visits every couple of years.

I confess, however, I can understand how some people would have trouble grasping the concept of outdoor recreation when it's -20 F, 15 inches of snow, and ice on the lake is frozen over two feet thick.

scott023
11-30-2013, 09:58 PM
To me, it would only seem tempting when there is still snow on the ground in April. Otherwise, I'd prefer to limit my time in the land of alligators, hurricanes, drug cartels, and amoebas to one-week visits every couple of years.

I confess, however, I can understand how some people would have trouble grasping the concept of outdoor recreation when it's -20 F, 15 inches of snow, and ice on the lake is frozen over two feet thick.

I can understand it too. But we have strength in seasonal activity diversity. 8p

Aric'sX15
11-30-2013, 11:54 PM

So is florida the only state with alligators, hurricanes, drug cartels and amoebas? All the states have drugs. A lot of states have gators. Seems like youre a tad jealous of those of us who live in states that skip the sh*tty seasons!

shepherd
12-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Plus crime, drugs, nasty critters.....seems like a lot to have to put up with just to be able to ski year round.

No thanks.

:)

What about wolverines? You have wolverines up there. They're pretty nasty. And polar bears too. I don't think I'd want to risk running into one of them just to be able to snowmobile 11 months out of the year. ;)

Thrall
12-02-2013, 01:41 AM
What about wolverines? You have wolverines up there. They're pretty nasty. And polar bears too. I don't think I'd want to risk running into one of them just to be able to snowmobile 11 months out of the year. ;)

Here, yes and yes!
But they don't eat much!

Thrall
12-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Yesterday.

imyourmaster
12-02-2013, 07:02 AM
Holy crap! Talk about winter wonderland! Not sure if you have lakes up there...but pls steer clear if you do. I watched some show on TV where they had to recover folks almost a year after they fell through the ice on a frozen lake after losing a trail at night on ski-mobiles. Gave me the chills to say the least. Looks like fun though ;)

coz
12-02-2013, 07:04 AM
I hate the cold more than anyone on this thread. Below 55* it's cold to me btw.

You have competition on this one, I despise the cold weather.....hate it too :mad:

bigmac
12-02-2013, 08:34 AM
So is florida the only state with alligators, hurricanes, drug cartels and amoebas? All the states have drugs. A lot of states have gators. Seems like youre a tad jealous of those of us who live in states that skip the sh*tty seasons!

I think summer in Florida is the sh*tty season. And no, it's not the only state with uncomfortable summers. I also rigorously stay away from Texas and Arizona that time of year.

I promise, I'm not jealous in the least.

Rockman
12-02-2013, 09:03 AM

LOL...those are only in Michigan...just don't go there! ;)

I like hot weather, shorts, flip flops, etc...don't get me wrong...even thought about moving south the be able to be on the water all the time but it is fun to be able to open the garage doors at any time of the year and have a variety of toys for different seasons ...snow mobiles, atv's, boat, etc.

Having a variety to do a variety of outdoor sports all year round is awesome...just need to have the proper clothing to keep you warm and comfortable...hell, some days up here you can boat, atv and snow mobile...all in the same day!:D

bigmac
12-02-2013, 09:15 AM
LOL...those are only in Michigan...just don't go there! ;)

I like hot weather, shorts, flip flops, etc...don't get me wrong...even thought about moving south the be able to be on the water all the time but it is fun to be able to open the garage doors at any time of the year and have a variety of toys for different seasons ...snow mobiles, atv's, boat, etc.

Having a variety to do a variety of outdoor sports all year round is awesome...just need to have the proper clothing to keep you warm and comfortable...hell, some days up here you can boat, atv and snow mobile...all in the same day!:D

I've been hydrofoiling in a snowstorm....it was awesome!

I've also been snowmobiling in the rain. That pretty much sucked.

Rockman
12-02-2013, 09:26 AM
I've been hydrofoiling in a snowstorm....it was awesome!

I've also been snowmobiling in the rain. That pretty much sucked.

Back a couple years ago in December, we had to break about 12 feet long of ice about an inch thick at the launch to get the MC in the water...got the boat in, we suited up and in the middle of a long line barefoot run, my mom points to me from the boat to look across the lake...the other size of the lake looks like a blizzard! Glad we had the hot water cooler filled on the boat that day!

imyourmaster
12-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Back a couple years ago in December, we had to break about 12 feet long of ice about an inch thick at the launch to get the MC in the water...got the boat in, we suited up and in the middle of a long line barefoot run, my mom points to me from the boat to look across the lake...the other size of the lake looks like a blizzard! Glad we had the hot water cooler filled on the boat that day!

You sir, is what I call NUTS! I break the wetsuit out when the water temp drops below 70...don't know how you do it...respect!

bigmac
12-02-2013, 01:06 PM
You sir, is what I call NUTS! I break the wetsuit out when the water temp drops below 70...don't know how you do it...respect!
Dry suit with appropriate fleece underneath. Works fine. Wet suit booties are fine for hydrofoiling (I don't ski, but seems like they wouldn't work well for skiing). A wet suit hood is also nice, and some nice thin neoprene gloves. Once back in the boat, opening the dry suit zipper just enough to plug in the heater hose is nice.

jbkriss
12-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Florida? No thanks, unbelievable humidity, bugs(no seeums and others), alligators, hurricanes, toll roads, cubans, big time drug gangs, salt water, etc. Naw. I will stay where the seasons change, and avoid all of the above, with the exception of the drug scum.

I am a Floridian, born in Miami, both parents born in Miami, of non-Hispanic descent. Criticize all you like about hurricanes, traffic, and alligators but it was pretty insensitive and ignorant of you to lump all 'cubans' into a group as something that is undesirable about Florida. No one on this board would come on here and say that Mexicans or Koreans are something undesirable about a particular place; that has no business being on here. Half of my wife's family is Cuban. My business partners are Cuban, we have many honest and hard working Cuban (and other Hispanic) employees working for us. One of my best friends from childhood is Cuban. There are good and bad members of every ethnicity. You likely know that already, just wanted to point out that I, and possibly others on this board, found it in bad taste.

shepherd
12-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Cold kills.

Heat doesn't... unless you're a dog or baby who gets locked in a car.

bigmac
12-02-2013, 01:28 PM
I am a Floridian, born in Miami, both parents born in Miami, of non-Hispanic descent. Criticize all you like about hurricanes, traffic, and alligators but it was pretty insensitive and ignorant of you to lump all 'cubans' into a group as something that is undesirable about Florida. No one on this board would come on here and say that Mexicans or Koreans are something undesirable about a particular place; that has no business being on here. Half of my wife's family is Cuban. My business partners are Cuban, we have many honest and hard working Cuban (and other Hispanic) employees working for us. One of my best friends from childhood is Cuban. There are good and bad members of every ethnicity. You likely know that already, just wanted to point out that I, and possibly others on this board, found it in bad taste.

Norwegians, on the other hand.....

bigmac
12-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Cold kills.

"Killed"? Who's talking about getting killed? It's the extreme, unrelenting discomfort of the heat and humidity of summer in Florida that keeps me from living there, not the fear of death. Although I will say that not ever having to evacuate my home because of a hurricane, nor worrying about my children or my dogs due to alligators or water moccasins is a significant plus too.

scott023
12-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Cold kills.

Not true... people die of heat stroke quite frequently.. just sayin. :D

Sodar
12-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Who says Florida is the end all of warm weather? We just spent the weekend boating at the river on the California/Arizona border. Weather was a comfy 75 during the day and cooled down to a freezing 50 at night.

All we have to deal with here are liberals, mexicans, earthquakes, mexicans, traffic, mexicans and you guessed it... more mexicans. Hell, I am even married to one... they are everywhere! Other than that, the weather is great and I'll deal with the rest for my little slice of paradise in California.

Aric'sX15
12-02-2013, 02:23 PM
For further disclosure, texas really sucks. You can stay out..... haha

CantRepeat
12-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Parker Keys?:D

madcityskier
12-02-2013, 03:52 PM
You sir are one funny gringo.

Who says Florida is the end all of warm weather? We just spent the weekend boating at the river on the California/Arizona border. Weather was a comfy 75 during the day and cooled down to a freezing 50 at night.

All we have to deal with here are liberals, mexicans, earthquakes, mexicans, traffic, mexicans and you guessed it... more mexicans. Hell, I am even married to one... they are everywhere! Other than that, the weather is great and I'll deal with the rest for my little slice of paradise in California.

mikeg205
12-02-2013, 07:00 PM

I agree with "mad" - pretty dang funny post..... but are they liberal or conservative mexicans... ;) ?

macattack
12-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Our MasterCraft is happy...life is good:) However, we do need rain, lakes are getting way too low!

10-Day Forecast for Orlando, FL

Dec 03 Mostly Sunny 79/62 0 %

Dec 04 Sunny 83/62 0 %

Dec 05 Sunny 83/63 0 %

Dec 06 Partly Cloudy 81/62 0 %

Dec 07 Partly Cloudy 83/66 0 %

Dec 08 Partly Cloudy 81/65 0 %

Dec 09 Partly Cloudy 81/64 20 %

Dec 10 Partly Cloudy 81/61 20 %

Dec 11 Mostly Sunny 78/64 10 %

Last Updated Dec 2 09:06 p.m. ET

Rockman
12-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Dry suit with appropriate fleece underneath. Works fine. Wet suit booties are fine for hydrofoiling (I don't ski, but seems like they wouldn't work well for skiing). A wet suit hood is also nice, and some nice thin neoprene gloves. Once back in the boat, opening the dry suit zipper just enough to plug in the heater hose is nice.

Drysuit!? First run is drysuit...anything after that, just go in the speedo! :eek3:

Yes, dry suit and fleece underneath or sweat pants and heater shirt...too much layers and you actually sweat pretty bad...no opening up the zipper for water...just dunt your feet in a cooler filled with hot water...no booties!

shepherd
12-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Not true... people die of heat stroke quite frequently.. just sayin. :D

Fall into a lake in Alberta in the winter (or Lake Superior in the summer). How many minutes before you're dead? Fall into a lake in Florida in the summer. After a couple of hours, your skin may get wrinkly.

If the gators and snakes don't get you first. :D

Waterskibum
12-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Our MasterCraft is happy...life is good:) However, we do need rain, lakes are getting way too low!

10-Day Forecast for Orlando, FL

Dec 03 Mostly Sunny 79/62 0 %

Dec 04 Sunny 83/62 0 %

Dec 05 Sunny 83/63 0 %

Dec 06 Partly Cloudy 81/62 0 %

Dec 07 Partly Cloudy 83/66 0 %

Dec 08 Partly Cloudy 81/65 0 %

Dec 09 Partly Cloudy 81/64 20 %

Dec 10 Partly Cloudy 81/61 20 %

Dec 11 Mostly Sunny 78/64 10 %

Last Updated Dec 2 09:06 p.m. ET

Tampa forecast looks exactly like the Orlando one. Definitely need water!

lashburn1
12-03-2013, 03:21 PM
.... Winter is coming, many of the white walkers from the north have already ascended the Great Wall and down onto the Mastercraft TeamTalk site...
... My how this thread has taken a terrible turn to the Darkside....
Yes, Winter "is" coming

thatsmrmastercraft
12-03-2013, 03:25 PM
.... Winter is coming, many of the white walkers from the north have already ascended the Great Wall and down onto the Mastercraft TeamTalk site...
... My how this thread has taken a terrible turn to the Darkside....
Yes, Winter "is" coming

Winter does happen. Nothing personal.

scott023
12-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Fall into a lake in Alberta in the winter (or Lake Superior in the summer). How many minutes before you're dead? Fall into a lake in Florida in the summer. After a couple of hours, your skin may get wrinkly.

If the gators and snakes don't get you first. :D

Wouldn't be long. But that doesn't affect the heat stroke comment... 8p

lashburn1
12-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Winter does happen. Nothing personal.

Hee hee

coz
12-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Parker Keys?:D

Actually called Moovalya Keys in Parker :D

CantRepeat
12-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Actually called Moovalya Keys in Parker :D

I heard, at one time, Paul Tracy owned a house in there.

SunCoast 83
12-05-2013, 08:20 PM
And this is why we live in south Florida! Photos taken yesterday at Lake Placid...I heard it's snowing up north.... Wish you were here! :)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/30/utadatet.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/30/aju8aqut.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/30/evyra7ej.jpg

We vacation down there every summer too!
We stay over at Lake Blue Resort. Happy times!

While we live in Orlando my job keeps me busy enough this time a year that I could just go ahead and winterize. Lol.

Sodar
12-05-2013, 10:43 PM
I heard, at one time, Paul Tracy owned a house in there.

I've not heard of Tracy having a house, but Robby Gordon has a house there. I've seen the Speed Energy rig out there a few times. He also has a matching Speed Energy X80 that they surf all the time. I think the MC factory did some customizing to it a couple years back.

Aric'sX15
12-05-2013, 11:42 PM
too bad robby gordon is a D bag! lol

CantRepeat
12-06-2013, 07:45 AM
too bad robby gordon is a D bag! lol

I've heard he's a pretty down to earth guy. I never rooted for him in NASCAR; thought he was a better open wheeled driver. But, when he scuffed up Tony Stewart I became a lifelong fan for sure. :D

homer12
12-06-2013, 08:38 AM

Man, if I took the boat out in weather like that, there wouldn't be anything left of my poor vinyl seats! haha, only 24 year old originals in it still. That would be my biggest concern.

jvbaca
12-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Fifteen below here yesterday, glad y'all have warm weather. I miss my boat!!!!

kskonn
12-06-2013, 04:32 PM
so- turned out to be a cool thread. I live in Central Texas and love it. I have lived in Wisconsin and California as well. Whoever mentioned the Jonesing for a fix, that is me. I have been snow skiing a few times a year since I was 4 until I was 25. I went a few years ago but have not been in a while. I am 33 now and luckily am about to head off for a 3 day ski trip to Park City. I love snow skiing, the vibe of a ski town etc...I definitely have the itch. I also intend on driving to Wolf Creek, one of my favorite spots in Colorado early 2014 for a couple days of skiing. Finally did some snowmobiling in Minnesota 2 years ago, that was a blast. I think I could have a blast year round no matter where I lived.

atthelake
12-06-2013, 05:07 PM
When I was younger (in my early twenties) the job I had at that time required me to work outside (12-14 hour days) probably 75% of the time...and I loved it! Winter never bothered me. The colder it got, the more we had to work. Now, in my mid-forties, I hate it!. It's not really the cold as much as the dark. You wake up, it's dark, by 5pm (MST) or earlier it's dark. I would trade my winters (December through February) for a warm climate any day. But, I'd never change my summers!

roadster02
12-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Ok, you're right I did not clarify. I really meant the illegal alien cuban gangsters. Not cubans in general. My apologies. I am also married to a latin.

mikeg205
12-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Cold kills.

Or you take a stroll out by furnace creek and get lost.. ;)

imyourmaster
01-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Lake Placid, FL...January 5, 2014....11:20am. You just can't beat this!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/ybe7y4yh.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/emabavap.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/3ebuquza.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/getyty6u.jpg

92 190 PS
01-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Now that is just wrong.....

jgraham37128
01-05-2014, 11:48 AM
I wish i was there!

Snipe
01-05-2014, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE Wish you were here! :)

So do I. Wifey won't leave the grand kids. I say,"Let them come down and visit where it's warm.":D

Dalilamba
01-05-2014, 03:58 PM
That is so cool Deon. Hope all is well with you and by the looks of the pics, things are good. Take care and enjoy your boat in good health ALL YEAR ROUND.

Dallas

Bouyhead
01-05-2014, 07:16 PM

That's awesome! How are the water levels on Lake Placid? If I remember correctly, last year some folkie were left high and dry due to low water levels.

trickskier
01-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Florida? No thanks, unbelievable humidity, bugs(no seeums and others), alligators, hurricanes, toll roads, illegal alien cuban gangsters, big time drug gangs, salt water, etc. Naw. I will stay where the seasons change, and avoid all of the above, with the exception of the drug scum.

I wish all of the Yankees that have moved here would have thought like you first --- :D

trickskier
01-05-2014, 08:24 PM

Good for you - It's been rainy & windy all week in Jacksonville :(

CottagerGreg
01-05-2014, 08:39 PM
I am looking at the snow storm outside.... ugh

12" of ice and 4' of snow pack.. xstar is shrink wrapped and hoping for a late april launch

Least the boat show starts next weekend?

johnlanguab
01-05-2014, 09:15 PM
It looks like there is a 21 degree night in the forecast... may need to winterize :)

gweaver
01-05-2014, 10:02 PM
It might not be Florida, but this was taken Jan 3. Air temp about 65 degrees, water temp 46 degrees.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1GcBHWquLGc/UsobIEb-v3I/AAAAAAAACBI/5mSFXnH4FsY/s337-p/20140103_125148.jpg

G

uplander
01-05-2014, 10:10 PM
what is the water temp, that looks like a nice lake also

SJ.
01-06-2014, 11:14 AM

I was doing fine until I saw we have the exact same year/model X2. Now I'm depressed...

Waterskibum
01-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Yep we are getting cold for a few days. North of Tampa is getting below 32 degrees tonight. Gonna drain the block and lines on the Pro Star tonight. Not very often we need to winterize :(

imyourmaster
03-16-2014, 04:10 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/yqyqu6an.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/bebarera.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/ra9ehyzy.jpg

3/14/2014 - 3/16/2014 What a great weekend again!

thatsmrmastercraft
03-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Beautiful pics.

Snipe
03-16-2014, 04:54 PM
8pThis is where a little "envy" sets in.8p

Quick
03-16-2014, 06:40 PM
Nobody likes a bragger.....wish I was there!!!

SunCoast 83
03-16-2014, 10:59 PM
That's awesome! How are the water levels on Lake Placid? If I remember correctly, last year some folkie were left high and dry due to low water levels.

We vacation there every year. Sweet place.

Traxx822
03-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Just went to Miami last week. Bugs bugs bugs. Oh my bugs. Hot, so that was nice.

As someone else said before.

Some of us only tolerate summer, for long snowy winters. :cool: