PDA

View Full Version : Ski Rack in 2014 Prostar

Killerack
11-27-2013, 12:22 PM
What a great idea having a ski rack in your boat. This looks like a good winter project adding this feature. Does anyone know if this rack is available as an aftermarket purchase?

Are there other options out there lets see em.

kman
11-27-2013, 02:34 PM
That's funny, I was just at the factory yesterday, and they were showing me this. It's definately pretty cool. It actually clamps the ski's in place - at the bottom is a release you press with your foot. Don't know if you could get that aftermarket or not though.

jk13
11-27-2013, 03:57 PM
There are an extreme few boats that have the storage length and height needed to set a ski in those racks. Most boats either the tip or the tail of the ski--or both--have to be tucked behind the interior trim panel. That was a major design point on these new boats--increasing the open area around the motor box for these racks. It isn't just a different interior panel, the whole gunwhale is narrower and more curved on top.

I do also really like them. Being that some wakeboard tower racks are touching $3k now I'm a little scared to hear the price on these though.