PDA

View Full Version : question x14DD owners

thorn210
11-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Considering moving from 03 209 to a x14DD 2005-2010. I think I would like the boat layout but wondering about storage under rear seats. The only pics I've seen are under the seat behind driver. What is the storage like on the rear three sections of seats? I assume that is ballast area. Is there no place for cooler? I went from 89 190 to 03 209 and really miss the slalom wake. I have kids that like to wake board also and love the extra room my 209 provides.

gts-20
11-23-2013, 12:41 PM
In a X14DD (or Prostar 214 w/ factory ballast like mine), all the storage area under the rear seats, and the in-floor ski storage, is taken up by the fuel and ballast tanks. The only remaining storage is the under the seat behind the driver you mentioned, under/behind the observer seat, and under the bow seats. In our '08 PS214, there is no "designated" place for a cooler. We use a soft sided cooler and put it in the space under the seat behind the driver. There isn't enough room for a conventional hard side cooler there.

93Prostar190
11-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Like GTS said if you have tanks then the storage is much less, our 214 does not have ballast so it has more storage options and we put a soft cooler under the rear port seat., with tanks we would not have that space .... Either way you will love the 214/X14 platform .... A gem of a boat.

H2ORidr
11-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Storage kinda sucks. As others have said the ballast and gas tanks take up most of the space. With wakeboards for me and my 10 year old, 2 sets of skis for my kids (they are different heights) and next summer surf boards, our boat will be full. I opted to get a water ski rack and mount it above my wakeboard rack. I might convert one of the wakeboard racks to a water ski racks with the brackets that Mastercraft By Design sells. If we do a lot of surfing and like it I will probably be adding a surf board rack to the tower. I worried about putting weight on the tower but my local MC folks and the folks around here say it can handle it.

Here is my board rack and ski rack. That is a kiteboard in the rack and not a wakeboard.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/drvermin/Waterskirack9-6-13.jpg

JohnE
11-24-2013, 07:01 PM
My cooler location would vary. Sometimes I'd extend the wrap around seating so to speak. Other times I'd put it next to observer seat and step over it to get in bow. Other times it'd just be a small cooler next to driver seat