PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 190 LT1 Powerslot Refurbished Trailer

Craig
11-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Price: SOLD

Contact: Craig – craig (dot) r (dot) bradshaw (at) gmail (dot) com

A turn-key skiers dream for a fraction of the cost of a new boat! The LT1 Corvette engine and Powerslot transmission combined with the coveted hull of the 91-94’ Mastercrafts provides a skiing experience that is as good as any new boat. Perfect Pass Star Gazer included with the latest version (no magnet timing). The trailer was professionally refurbished by Boat Mate trailers in 2009!

We do not use her enough and don’t want to waste such a good boat sitting in the garage. So, we are looking for someone who will care for her just like we have.

This boat was purchased a little beat up in 2009 and I have attempted to put her to bed each winter in a bit better shape than at the beginning of the season. I have complete documentation for all the work I have done that I am happy to share with the new seller. A lot of the work is also documented here:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=29296

Exterior: 9/10. Original decals removed, gelcoat wet-sanded, buffed and new decals from Bay Area Watersports installed in 2009. Some deeper gouges still remain from the previous owner. Teak refinished in 2009 and lightly sanded and oiled at the beginning of each year.

Interior: 8/10. Perfect pass Stargazer version 2013 (no magnet timing). Added shaft access cover for access to shaft seal. Replaced engine box insulation. All vinyl cleaned and treated with 303 multiple times per year. Seam in drivers seat beginning to separate. Vinyl on motorbox showing age. Carpet in great condition. Dash in perfect condition.

Drivetrain: 10/10. LT1 engine with ~1212 hrs; performed flawlessly since purchase. Powerslot transmission also flawless with no slipping or signs of any problems. Engine oil changed every 50 hrs and when winterized. Transmission fluid changed every season.

Trailer: 10/10. Professionally refurbished in 2009! Added swing-away tongue, disk brakes, oil-bath hubs, LED lights (including reverse lights), and freshly powder coated frame. You will not find a better trailer on this vintage of boat!

Not pictured extras: Slalom rope and handle, original Mastercraft speedo gage (where PP is now installed), seat cushion floatation device, fire extinguisher, spare impeller, and fresh bottle of teak oil.

Picasa Album w/ additional pictures:

https://picasaweb.google.com/112388665291561080669/1994MastercraftProstar190LT1PowerslotRefurbishedTr ailer?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPS5vYPDq4PwAQ&feat=directlink

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-k-s4F3XEQVM/Uo6Mr3xpgII/AAAAAAAAAYA/7yCSnY1IfB8/s640/IMG_2803.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vG3tiOI4Nzo/Uo6Mvm_c1nI/AAAAAAAAAXw/Dj1kqNxNUUU/s640/IMG_2806.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Jv6bWeMPP2k/Uo6Mzm1COiI/AAAAAAAAAUw/sX8ShUljUhU/s512/IMG_2812.JPG

Double D
11-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Sweet Ride!! Good Luck with the sale!

Jerseydave
11-24-2013, 08:56 AM
I have to say this is one of the best slalom machines MC ever built, I should know because I bought it new in '94! (yes it was mine) :D
Should I buy it back?
Just kidding, but seriously this boat will make someone very happy. Pretty tough to find a '94 LT-1 powerslot in this condition with perfectpass too!

Good luck with the sale Craig!

Craig
11-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Thanks, guys! I will almost certainly shed a tear when she pulls away but I can't let her just sit in the garage.

I agree, a tough find and a fantastic ski boat. Dave, feel free to add another MC to your collection :)

Rockman
11-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Craig, nice boat and nice colors! I think I may seen one just like it recently! :D

Question for you...what are you using the 2 shut offs for that are on the front of the motor...looks like you put a T in one of the hoses and a shutoff on the top near the thermostat housing...Curious as we have the same motor...

Craig
11-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Craig, nice boat and nice colors! I think I may seen one just like it recently! :D

Question for you...what are you using the 2 shut offs for that are on the front of the motor...looks like you put a T in one of the hoses and a shutoff on the top near the thermostat housing...Curious as we have the same motor...

Thanks, Rockman!

The brass T just below the flame arrestor is the heater shutoff. The plastic T that runs in between the port manifold riser and the t-stat housing came from the PO and has never been connected to anything since I have owned the boat.

Table Rocker
11-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Thanks, Rockman!

The brass T just below the flame arrestor is the heater shutoff. The plastic T that runs in between the port manifold riser and the t-stat housing came from the PO and has never been connected to anything since I have owned the boat.
The plastic T could possibly have been a cold water supply for a shower. My boat has a similar T, but it is on the hose between the raw water pump and the mixer thermostat housing.

Craig
12-02-2013, 01:54 PM
bump.

PT 1999 ProStar
12-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Wow! That is a beautiful boat! Good luck with the sale it should go fast!

Craig
12-09-2013, 02:38 PM
bump...

Craig
02-02-2014, 03:26 PM
bump...

The boat is still for sale but we have moved. It is now taking up garage space so please let me know if you are interested.

mikeg205
02-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Put a pair of these on - may help sell ;) - this thing should have sold alread,,,

Jerseydave
02-03-2014, 01:45 PM
A slalom skiers dream! LT-1 powerslot.....it doesn't get much better guys!

Craig have you tried www.ski-it-again.com? www.onlyinboards.com?

Craig
02-03-2014, 02:05 PM
A slalom skiers dream! LT-1 powerslot.....it doesn't get much better guys!

Craig have you tried www.ski-it-again.com? www.onlyinboards.com?

Dave,

The ad is on ski-it-again, ballofspray, and craigslist. I had an onlyinboards ad that expired, I will update that. Thanks for the reminder!

Skiers dream is right, if our club didn't require the use of club boats we would keep her.

prostar205er
02-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Put a pair of these on - may help sell ;) - this thing should have sold alread,,,

Just curious...what is power/super slot? (And please forgive my ignorance...) ;)

thatsmrmastercraft
02-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Just curious...what is power/super slot? (And please forgive my ignorance...) ;)

Larger propeller and a gear reduction transmission. Rear of boat was modified to accept the larger propeller.

Craig
02-03-2014, 03:11 PM

thatsmrmastercraft gave the right explanation.

What it means to a prospective buyer is that this boat has a gear reduced transmission and a 14x18 4-blade prop which provides more hole shot than most boats that are more than a decade younger.

Jerseydave
02-04-2014, 08:31 PM
thatsmrmastercraft gave the right explanation.

What it means to a prospective buyer is that this boat has a gear reduced transmission and a 14x18 4-blade prop which provides more hole shot than most boats that are more than a decade younger.

And it should hold speed more consistently through the slalom course compared to a 1:1 trans with a 3 blade prop.
If I knew anyone looking to buy I'd sure send them your way Craig. As a matter of fact I'm going to share your ad on my facebook page "central jersey wake riders"

Craig
02-05-2014, 10:20 AM
And it should hold speed more consistently through the slalom course compared to a 1:1 trans with a 3 blade prop.
If I knew anyone looking to buy I'd sure send them your way Craig. As a matter of fact I'm going to share your ad on my facebook page "central jersey wake riders"

Absolutely right!

Thanks, Dave. Much appreciated.

JohnE
02-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Larger propeller and a gear reduction transmission. Rear of boat was modified to accept the larger propeller.

Exactly what I've understood for years. (Although on the tristars, the hull had the scoop even with 1:1 transmission)

But how do you (anyone) explain the ad that you posted where MC advertises it as the "powerslot hull". That's the first time I've noticed that. I'm wondering if the "dish" in the hull served more of a purpose than allowing for the larger prop. After the initial run, I'd think they would not want to make a different hull going forward just to allow for a larger prop when they made the hull change in '87. Yet the 'slot hull in that model run had the dish when the other boats did not.

mikeg205
02-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Exactly what I've understood for years. (Although on the tristars, the hull had the scoop even with 1:1 transmission)

But how do you (anyone) explain the ad that you posted where MC advertises it as the "powerslot hull". That's the first time I've noticed that. I'm wondering if the "dish" in the hull served more of a purpose than allowing for the larger prop. After the initial run, I'd think they would not want to make a different hull going forward just to allow for a larger prop when they made the hull change in '87. Yet the 'slot hull in that model run had the dish when the other boats did not.

Yes - my 1995 has the slot hull - was wondering about that... Guess I could upgrade.. but I won't

Craig
02-13-2014, 02:07 PM
bump.

Craig
02-20-2014, 04:32 PM
bump.

DooSPX
02-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Bump for a beautiful boat and one of the best skiers out there! You cannot go wrong, EFI, the most sought after engine and trans packages in the prestigious 91-94 hull.

about the PowerSlot. MC coined the term Power Slot in 1981 because of the "Slot" as they had to take out a nice size cup of the hull over the prop all the way to the transom. (It looked like a scoop from the transom all the way to the prop) when they first introduced the gear reduction trans which swings a larger prop, they had to make from for the prop and the wash. After a few years of running a slot hull they changed the design where they no longer needed the large dish. All hulls now have a little recessed area above the prop but it is not the "Power Slot" of the day. The name Power Slot now sticks as a name for the GR trans. About the TriStar hull, its been a while since I have looked at one, but I believe that is just a hull design, not a Slot hull for its intended purpose.

Waterskibum
02-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Bump for a beautiful boat and one of the best skiers out there! You cannot go wrong, EFI, the most sought after engine and trans packages in the prestigious 91-94 hull.

about the PowerSlot. MC coined the term Power Slot in 1981 because of the "Slot" as they had to take out a nice size cup of the hull over the prop all the way to the transom. (It looked like a scoop from the transom all the way to the prop) when they first introduced the gear reduction trans which swings a larger prop, they had to make from for the prop and the wash. After a few years of running a slot hull they changed the design where they no longer needed the large dish. All hulls now have a little recessed area above the prop but it is not the "Power Slot" of the day. The name Power Slot now sticks as a name for the GR trans. About the TriStar hull, its been a while since I have looked at one, but I believe that is just a hull design, not a Slot hull for its intended purpose.

Wow I never knew about the PS hull in the 80's MasterCrafts. Guess you learn something new every day.

Beautiful boat. I cannot believe it has not sold yet. I'll pass the word around my neck of the woods too.

DooSPX
02-21-2014, 12:36 PM
I won the MC trivia game we had at the Waterski Hall of Fame Reunion with that bit about the Power Slot LOL. I thought you went to that reunion but maybe not.

Craig
02-24-2014, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the compliments fellas, its much appreciated. Also, Doo, thanks for the tidbits of knowledge. I was unaware of how the slot was coined.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Just a side note - it turns out 1980 was the first year of the Power Slot.

JohnE
02-24-2014, 12:10 PM

I think the dish was intended to be functional beyond making clearance for the prop. Why else would they continue it with the 87 -90 hull? The Tristars with 1.52:1 GR tranny didn't have the dish, FWIW.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-24-2014, 12:46 PM
I think the dish was intended to be functional beyond making clearance for the prop. Why else would they continue it with the 87 -90 hull? The Tristars with 1.52:1 GR tranny didn't have the dish, FWIW.

I would think the later dish was to avoid cavitation.

DooSPX
02-25-2014, 07:56 AM
I would think the later dish was to avoid cavitation.

I believe so too. There was dishes in a few hulls after the original PS hull but they are not the PS hull. They are intended features in the hull design. The original PS hull was actually a after thought for the large prop you can tell by the picture Pete posted. But the dish was realized it helped certain hulls before the gear reduction trans and larger prop was introduced. I think it was in the 70's somewhere.

I went back and looked through my documents I had from the reunion, it is indeed 80. I didn't remember from the top of my head.

EDIT: Here is the history of the hulls that was posted here a while ago. I dug it up.
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=29236

Craig
03-03-2014, 04:30 PM
bump.

Craig
03-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Sold!

A bittersweet moment to see her drive away.

Jerseydave
03-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Yea, good for you Craig. Where is she going next? (I still miss her too!) :D

thatsmrmastercraft
03-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Congrats, and my condolences on the sale.

Craig
03-09-2014, 08:23 AM
@jerseydave off to Alabama with a nice young couple.

Jerseydave
03-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Did you get close to your asking price? (you can PM me if you don't want it to be public knowledge)

Theclarks1111
03-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Its safe and sound in Alabama now, on Lake Harding! We're very happy with it.

Thanks to Craig for an easy transaction and sale.

Actually went out and skied today on the river! A little cold, but wow, is that wake amazing!!

Jerseydave
03-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Its safe and sound in Alabama now, on Lake Harding! We're very happy with it.

Thanks to Craig for an easy transaction and sale.

Actually went out and skied today on the river! A little cold, but wow, is that wake amazing!!

Good for you, take care of my first Mastercraft! Yep, 20 years ago she was mine....brand spanking new! She's been as far north as 1000 Islands NY/Canada. These MC's keep getting better with age! :D

Craig
03-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Good for you, take care of my first Mastercraft! Yep, 20 years ago she was mine....brand spanking new! She's been as far north as 1000 Islands NY/Canada. These MC's keep getting better with age! :D

She has also been as far West as Lake Mead!