PDA

View Full Version : Traxx822's Winter upgrades

Traxx822
11-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Alright guys, Nothing special or cool to start this thread out with. But I wanted to have a place to put everything that is getting done on the boat this winter. Photos and updates to follow.

I appreciate any input anyone has to give on any of these projects. Below is a list of things getting done to the boat this winter. It may be added to as winter goes on. If you know any links to threads that can help me please post the link here.

WINTER UPGRADE LIST

* Plumb Ballast
* Order ballast pumps
* Order ballast bags
* Order switch panel (fill & drain)
* Repair fiberglass damage
* Vinyl wrap boat (make design)
* Powdercoat windshield frame (color TBD)
* Tint windows
* New matching gauges ( Brand TBD)
* Gauge bezel Hydro dipping
* Garmin 596, radar, chartplotter install (If I make enough $)
* 3D Mapping depth finder
* Replace/repair broken wakesurf rack
* Install extra 10" JL IB Sub
* Order another 10" LED sub ring
* Replace all 7.7" LED rings with new ones
* Sell 700/5 JL amp & buy 900/5 JL amp
* Replace Alternator
* Rebuild water pump
* Rebuild rudder seal
* SeaDek measurements /estimate for interior carpet replacement

Next season is going to be awesome! I think after this my boat will be done for a while and I will focus on the trailer next season.

Photos will be added as things get ordered, put on & completed.

Traxx822
11-13-2013, 12:56 PM
I have for sale right now 2 Ballast bags. Straight Line 540#'s and 1 sumo pump, make an offer

700/5 JL M Series amp. Only 1.5 seasons old, Make offer

OEM Speedo, Make offer (other gauges will be for sale once I know I'm buying new ones) Suggestions?

cbryan70
11-13-2013, 01:37 PM
wonder if the two ballast bags would let me mess around on a surf wake on my boat

Traxx822
11-13-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm sure it would :cool:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mikeg205
11-13-2013, 02:36 PM
you forgot install new Ford Raptor marinized engine... ;)

scott023
11-13-2013, 05:21 PM
wonder if the two ballast bags would let me mess around on a surf wake on my boat

You're darn straight it would.

supreme112279
11-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Why replacing alternator?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AlbertaSurfer
11-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Check WakeMakers for your ballast needs. They sell really slick kits to install factory like ballast into older boats like ours. I ran new bags, all on separate thru-hulls and pumps. 650lb bag fills in approx 4 mins. Super nice install and really easy. They're really helpful too.

TOO-TALL
11-13-2013, 07:03 PM
That's a to-do list.very nice! cant wait to see the wrap.

Traxx822
11-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Why replacing alternator?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The bearing is bad and you can hear it. It's original so it's just time for a new one.

Traxx822
11-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Check WakeMakers for your ballast needs. They sell really slick kits to install factory like ballast into older boats like ours. I ran new bags, all on separate thru-hulls and pumps. 650lb bag fills in approx 4 mins. Super nice install and really easy. They're really helpful too.

That is where I plan to start scoping out my options. I'm sure they can help me. I don't think the ballast system is going to cost a lot but it is my first priority, then wrap, repairs, and windshield. I think im going to do separate thru hulls on separate pumps too.

I have meetings set up with a couple vinyl wrap companies this week and next. Excited to start working on these.

Millertime
11-13-2013, 10:07 PM

When you say "thru-hulls" did you install new inlet and new over flow for each bag? Drilled holes yourself?

cbryan70
11-13-2013, 11:04 PM
How much for the sacs? No clue how much they go for. It they Dont sell I'll drag the new boat down and ilk see what kind of wake if any my boat can throw...if its half decent I'll buy as long as we can work out an agreement for me to borrow a board for a family vacation planned for July. No way I can spring for a surf board this year.

AlbertaSurfer
11-13-2013, 11:24 PM
When you say "thru-hulls" did you install new inlet and new over flow for each bag? Drilled holes yourself?

Yeah I did. They fill/drain from the same thru-hull and have an overflow vent. The pumps are reversible and really fast. Drilling is simple, I used magnets to mark the holes.

AlbertaSurfer
11-14-2013, 01:38 AM
How much for the sacs? No clue how much they go for. It they Dont sell I'll drag the new boat down and ilk see what kind of wake if any my boat can throw...if its half decent I'll buy as long as we can work out an agreement for me to borrow a board for a family vacation planned for July. No way I can spring for a surf board this year.

Hey, CBryan, I'll make you a deal... If you Buy Traxx's sacs, I'll GIVE you a wakeboard. I have an older Liquid Force Trip 133 in the rafters you're welcome to. I figure it helps spread the sport. It's got older Double Up Ultra Clamp wraps on it, and they're a little bagged out so they fit bigger feet. I'm size 8, and they fit me as easily as my buddy's size 11. It may be a bit small for you to really shred, but you'll have zero troubles learning to ride on it, and it's a great board for the Fam.

Unless you're referring to a surfboard, then I can't help you...

Traxx822
11-14-2013, 07:42 AM

I'm sure we can work something out.

P

Traxx822
11-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Yeah I did. They fill/drain from the same thru-hull and have an overflow vent. The pumps are reversible and really fast. Drilling is simple, I used magnets to mark the holes.

That looks great. I will forward this photo to my installer.

I'm not putting a limiters on my set up so I was wondering, do you have thru hulls for discharge on the side of the boat or does it only push out the bottom to drain? How do you know its drained without looking at it.

Traxx822
11-14-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm worried I might not have enough room to do a plumbed sack in the front. I guess I could put one in the center infloor cooler (where the ski locker would normally be but its a cooler) and I doubt I could get any real weight in there to justify plumbing it.

I could install one of those pump hook ups to the front under the seat in the fiberglass. I forget the brand but it basically is a switch controlled pump to fill bags not hardlined into the boat. The unit is hardlined but the hose is all that is needed then to fill the bag. Nothing hanging over the side. (long ramble)

Ok here is what I think will work the best.

Three pumps. One for center and each rear locker. One drain and fill port for each.

If set up this way I will be able to fill or drain on any bag. Reducing time needed to fill or drain. If switching sides surfing, or if shaping the wake for wakeboarding I should be able to drain at least on the fly.

AlbertaSurfer
11-14-2013, 11:53 AM
That looks great. I will forward this photo to my installer.

I'm not putting a limiters on my set up so I was wondering, do you have thru hulls for discharge on the side of the boat or does it only push out the bottom to drain? How do you know its drained without looking at it.

They drain through the bottom. When they're full, water comes out the vent on the side, when I'm draining, I just listen for the pitch of the pumps to change. I used Jabsco pumps, and they're loud. You can easily hear the pump get louder and hear the bags gurgle. At the end of the summer, I had the timing down. The ski locker bag drained in about 2-1/2 mins and the rear lockers about 4 mins. Running each bag on a separate intake and pump is crucial for a fast ballast setup, and also allows for tweaking on the fly. I have a 125lb bag on each side of the bow I manually fill while waiting for the auto stuff to do it's thing. I sink my boat with 2000lbs in like 5 mins.

TxsRiverRat
11-14-2013, 01:11 PM
I think after this my boat will be done for a while

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah Right! :D

Aric'sX15
11-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Hey, CBryan, I'll make you a deal... If you Buy Traxx's sacs, I'll GIVE you a wakeboard. I have an older Liquid Force Trip 133 in the rafters you're welcome to. I figure it helps spread the sport. It's got older Double Up Ultra Clamp wraps on it, and they're a little bagged out so they fit bigger feet. I'm size 8, and they fit me as easily as my buddy's size 11. It may be a bit small for you to really shred, but you'll have zero troubles learning to ride on it, and it's a great board for the Fam.

Unless you're referring to a surfboard, then I can't help you...

Need more people like this...

Traxx822
11-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Okay here is what I found from Wakemakers.

Johnson Pump (cheaper and more gph than Jabsco) 179.99 each
750# bags @$149.99each
Integral bow sack @$269.99
Switches @$1.49 each
Total @$1,114.41

Now they sell a complete kit that includes thru hulls, wiring, fittings etc and everything you need to do this. I have a skilled installer who has everything he would need to provide these things. And I can save some serious coin.

Johnson pump set up including thru hulls, wiring, hoses, clamps, fittings etc @$418.96 each
Plus bags @$569.97
Total @$1,826.85

$712.44 for wires and thru hulls???

Now they also offer something called the X Link. Which allows you to fill bag to bag. Apparently shortening time it takes to switch side for surfing. Beneficial yes, and may be worth it if you guys also think it is worth it. Cost is @$289.99 plus an additional $20 cost per bag for the added drain valve.

Making my al a cart order total @$1,444.40 to include the X Link.

Oh yeah, plus install.

What do you guys think? I'm ready to order this stuff. X Link or not?

Traxx822
11-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Also, the boat was winterized on Monday. The repair to the fiberglass should start next week. I am meeting with the vinyl guys this week. Also firing off emails to the same next. Will update as things progress.

Rockman
11-14-2013, 06:49 PM
You are gonna have $50k into that boat before March 1, 2014!:D

Traxx822
11-14-2013, 07:17 PM
You are gonna have $50k into that boat before March 1, 2014!:D

I plan to keep it for a long time. And I dont have boat payments, so may as well upgrade

mikeg205
11-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Going to look cool.. will be fun to see when it's done...

AlbertaSurfer
11-14-2013, 08:16 PM
X link won't benefit you unless you're running one pump for the two locker bags. It comes with a reversible Johnson pump to swap the water between bags. If you're planning on running each bag on it's own pump/thru-hull, then just flip one to drain and the other to fill. Takes the same amount of time.

Traxx822
11-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Okay thanks for the input. I'll stick with the 3 pump. Maybe a 2 pump with Y valve

Traxx822
11-16-2013, 10:07 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item# Description Qty Total
Rbst1.00-sealkit Seal Kit, Rudder Box 1 $49.95

Sub Total: $49.95
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $9.49 Ups - Ground
Order Total: $59.44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORDERED!!!!

Traxx822
11-16-2013, 10:10 AM
KIT, IMPELLER (LONG) SERVICE
Kit includes impellor, gasket, cover plate screws, washer, & seal for Johnson raw water pumps on Indmar applications (except 302
MASTERCRAFT MALIBU SUPRA MOOMBA AXIS

http://store.inboardonline.com/images/s495001.jpg
Item: 495001 Description: KIT, IMPELLER (LONG) SERVICE
Kit includes impellor, gasket, cover plate screws, washer, & seal for Johnson raw water pumps on Indmar applications (except 302
IMPELLER KIT (LONG) SERVICE
Kit includes impellor, gasket, cover plate screws, washer, & seal for Johnson raw water pumps on Indmar applications (except 302)

Unit of Measure: EACH

Can someone let me know if this is the water pump rebuild kit I need?

mikeg205
11-16-2013, 01:17 PM
KIT, IMPELLER (LONG) SERVICE

http://store.inboardonline.com/images/s495001.jpg
Item: 495001 Description: KIT, IMPELLER (LONG) SERVICE
IMPELLER KIT (LONG) SERVICE
Kit includes impellor, gasket, cover plate screws, washer, & seal for Johnson raw water pumps on Indmar applications (except 302)

Unit of Measure: EACH

Can someone let me know if this is the water pump rebuild kit I need?

You should get the kit with the bearing as well... they have the bearing on inboardonline.com

Traxx822
11-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Their online ordering is screwing up on me. I'll just call on Monday

Traxx822
11-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Mike I'm suprised you didn't say I needed to add ski pylon or fix my horn lol

Traxx822
11-20-2013, 01:29 PM
So after following the Naughty thread there was a point that came up about SeaDek in place of carpet might not be a good idea. Talking about foot smells, hard to clean and easy to stain.

What truth is there to this?

Traxx822
11-20-2013, 01:50 PM
I just called SeaDek and they claimed they have ever in all there years business had 2 complaints about smell. And it involved people who regularly brought their animals with them.

So I went ahead and ordered the Mylar template sheets so I can send back my custom order.

Sodar
11-20-2013, 01:52 PM
I've got SeaDek all over and have never had any smell from it. I've got it on my trailer, platform and driver's cockpit floor.

Traxx822
11-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Thanks Sodar. I'm stoked to get my carpet replaced. That is what smells in my boat. I think the SeaDek will solve my smell problem not create one.

jschildm
11-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks Sodar. I'm stoked to get my carpet replaced. That is what smells in my boat. I think the SeaDek will solve my smell problem not create one.

I am interested to see how this turns out for you. My carpet is getting quite brittle and will likely need replaced before too long, and I have thought about the seadek as a replacement.

JRW160
11-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Are you just going to pull the carpet up and put seadeak on the bare fiberglass?

Traxx822
11-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Are you just going to pull the carpet up and put seadeak on the bare fiberglass?

That's my plan.

clrussell
11-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Traxx are you doing a design with the seadek or just making it look like carpet?

Traxx822
11-20-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm going to use the same design I did on the rear swim pad. Same colors. The beveled blue edge will only be against the seat bottoms.

I mention that because it will be separated individual pads to do the whole floor. Due to access panels, cooler etc. There Mont be a beveled edge on all if those areas. It will be cut but not beveled.

I am worried, my floor is grey in color when I pulled up the carpet and I think that would contrast. Maybe I will paint the edge of where minor areas will be exposed white. Maybe leave it.

And I still haven't settled on a floor design yet.

clrussell
11-20-2013, 06:59 PM
That'll look great!

Traxx822
11-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Just got the quote back for my vinyl wrap. @$1750.00 installed.

I made the $875.00 deposit this afternoon. He showed me some paper renderings, he is going to email me higher quality ones this evening.

Its is becoming a reality now, and for cheaper than I thought. If I keep my cost down like this on the SeaDek floor I might be able to get that Garmin with radar

cbryan70
11-22-2013, 01:17 PM
what in the world do you need radar for?

19_Skier
11-22-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm going to use the same design I did on the rear swim pad. Same colors. The beveled blue edge will only be against the seat bottoms.

I mention that because it will be separated individual pads to do the whole floor. Due to access panels, cooler etc. There Mont be a beveled edge on all if those areas. It will be cut but not beveled.

I am worried, my floor is grey in color when I pulled up the carpet and I think that would contrast. Maybe I will paint the edge of where minor areas will be exposed white. Maybe leave it.

And I still haven't settled on a floor design yet.

really interested to see how this turns out. My carpet will be due in the next few years and seadek sure sounds like a much better option.

Traxx822
11-22-2013, 02:42 PM

The Garmin unit I want is a chart plotter with WX Radar weather. Coincidentally the unit is also compatible with XM radio but I doubt I will use it for that.

I want to travel with my boat. I went to the outer banks with it last year. Would have been nice to know where I was, how much fuel I'm using, altitude, temp, breadcrumbs, distance and time to destinations, marked channels since I'm not familiar with any of these areas I go to. I could only look at maps and study and have to remember it all, and then put it to real life navigation. With this, I could pin point all the coves and hot spots of lake of the Ozarks, or the outer banks, key west, whatever I want. And just have confidence I'm not going to bottom out if I don't want to.

Of course, and on map weather radar. Nuph sed about that.

I could use it anywhere inland waterways and lakes and North America.

Then I have to add 3D mapping depth finder.

And some how fit it all on my dash :eek:

cbryan70
11-22-2013, 04:23 PM
If you get xm radio I believe you can sync up with there weather. Are you adding the gph add on as well? I kn ew lowrance has something you hook up to the fuel line to measure flow.

Traxx822
11-22-2013, 04:30 PM
If you get xm radio I believe you can sync up with there weather. Are you adding the gph add on as well? I kn ew lowrance has something you hook up to the fuel line to measure flow.

No, with Garmin you have to input the data, but after a few times it gets pretty accurate.

You can subscribe to WX and not pay the extra for XM. The weather is not a cheap subscription but since I already have it for the airplane, I can use the same account.

Traxx822
11-22-2013, 04:31 PM
If lowrance can do the flow meter and 3d mapping I would be interested in what model it is. I haven't nailed down what model I want. Lowrance was on my list to look at.

Rockman
11-22-2013, 05:54 PM

It's for those LOOOOOOONG 45 minute journey from Morris to Seneca's Boon Docks! :D :uglyhamme

Traxx822
11-22-2013, 07:33 PM
It's for those LOOOOOOONG 45 minute journey from Morris to Seneca's Boon Docks! :D :uglyhamme

Yup those too.

cbryan70
11-22-2013, 08:09 PM
I'll have to look. How much is the German unit? If you want the best get furuno...spelling but from what I have seen they are the best

mikeg205
11-22-2013, 08:12 PM
No, with Garmin you have to input the data, but after a few times it gets pretty accurate.

You can subscribe to WX and not pay the extra for XM. The weather is not a cheap subscription but since I already have it for the airplane, I can use the same account.

Traxxx is a special NSA dude... the actuator on his Maristar is setup to house a mini cruise missile available to protect us in any towel head threat... :)

Traxx822
11-22-2013, 08:35 PM
I'll have to look. How much is the German unit? If you want the best get furuno...spelling but from what I have seen they are the best

I want the Garmin GPSMAP 536. The unit is 699.99 new and the radar another few hundred. So lets just say a grand.

Traxx822
11-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Wakemakers ordered due to black Friday deals.

Saved just shy of $175.

3 new Johnson reversible pumps. (2) 750# rear locker backs. (1) 400# integrated bow sack.

Now this is getting real. ;)

madcityskier
12-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Traxxx is a special NSA dude... the actuator on his Maristar is setup to house a mini cruise missile available to protect us in any towel head threat... :)

"No one on this board would come on here and say that Mexicans or Koreans are something undesirable about a particular place"...

Glad to see you living by the rules. No mentions of Mexicans, Koreans, or location. Good work my friend.
;-)

(I am attempting to use humor again. Please don't anyone be upset by this.)

jradasaurus
12-02-2013, 07:58 PM
* Order another 10" LED sub ring
* Replace all 7.7" LED rings with new ones

Which LED rings are you buying? I am happy with my audio system atm, but I do a like of dusk and an occasional 2am cruise and adding LED rings to the speakers would be awesome.

Traxx822
12-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Which LED rings are you buying? I am happy with my audio system atm, but I do a like of dusk and an occasional 2am cruise and adding LED rings to the speakers would be awesome.

I bought mine off a fellow TT member. SGoyal.

For some reason I got a bad batch and a few led lights went out on each so he sent me 4 new replacement rings and I just need to switch them out.

Here is a quick shot of what they look like in my boat.

Fyi these are the brightest on the market. They can be seen clearly in daylight.

cbryan70
12-02-2013, 08:32 PM
When you went through the city did you go on the big lake? Where did you put in? I really want to go through chi with the new boat

Traxx822
12-02-2013, 08:40 PM
When you went through the city did you go on the big lake? Where did you put in? I really want to go through chi with the new boat

When I go downtown with the boat I drop in at the public launch in Summit Argo.

It's a pretty fun ride through the city. You can stop at Dicks last resort and grab some food. And couple other places too.

We do go through the lock and hit the lake. But if the chop is too bad you might not want to take the wife out. It can be very choppy. Idle speed impossible. Either stop or keep the bow up. Lol.

But I know you want this photo :cool:

mikeg205
12-02-2013, 08:52 PM
When I go downtown with the boat I drop in at the public launch in Summit Argo.

It's a pretty fun ride through the city. You can stop at Dicks last resort and grab some food. And couple other places too.

We do go through the lock and hit the lake. But if the chop is too bad you might not want to take the wife out. It can be very choppy. Idle speed impossible. Either stop or keep the bow up. Lol.

But I know you want this photo :cool:

We need to get out and do an early morning run on the big lake ... late July in 2014.....when atmosphere stable... I would never go out in a Prostar... the bow is way too low...

Traxx822
12-02-2013, 09:19 PM
... I would never go out in a Prostar... the bow is way too low...

I would. My bow is almost same as yours. You can handle it. Just stay in my wake :cool:

It's not that bad. Just push your way to your anchor spot and stop. Then your boat just floats with the chop.

mikeg205
12-02-2013, 09:24 PM
I would. My bow is almost same as yours. You can handle it. Just stay in my wake :cool:

It's not that bad. Just push your way to your anchor spot and stop. Then your boat just floats with the chop.

and you have v-drive... - nah - I'll give ya gas money... :)

cbryan70
12-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Yeah I'm thinking I would avoid the lake. Although I do have a friend with a 196 that goes out on the big lake. If I ever did go out the wife would not come. Heck I doubt I could get her through the locks

Traxx822
12-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah I'm thinking I would avoid the lake. Although I do have a friend with a 196 that goes out on the big lake. If I ever did go out the wife would not come. Heck I doubt I could get her through the locks

The lock is so quick it's over before you know it.

And there is no reason you can't. I'm just saying if it's really bad. I've been out there when we were clearing the next wave in the air. It was pretty intense. But my wife and other girls go out it's no big deal.

A prostar could handle it. I see 16ft fishing boats out there.

uplander
12-02-2013, 10:23 PM
do you do the loop cruise in the spring

Traxx822
12-02-2013, 10:32 PM
do you do the loop cruise in the spring

I have heard of it but with only two seasons with the mc my schedule hasn't been able to line up with it.

Traxx822
02-20-2014, 05:23 PM
Just ordered the 3 Johnson pumps I need for the ballast.

We also send in the SeaDek mylars for a quote.

Next is Ballast Bags. I have to get the bags with 2 drains right?

uplander
02-20-2014, 05:37 PM
It looks like they have a blast doing it, over on Crowniehq site they talk about it often

I have heard of it but with only two seasons with the mc my schedule hasn't been able to line up with it.

scott023
02-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Just ordered the 3 Johnson pumps I need for the ballast.

We also send in the SeaDek mylars for a quote.

Next is Ballast Bags. I have to get the bags with 2 drains right?

Yes, get the bags with two drains.

Traxx822
03-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Very glad this list is completed.

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-fat-sac-dual-drain-port.html (need 2)

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-pro-x-series-fitting-w743.html (need 6)

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-pro-x-series-fitting-w746.html (need 6)

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-integrated-bow-sac.html (need 1 color grey)

http://www.wakemakers.com/johnson-ultra-ballast-pump.html (need 3)

http://www.wakemakers.com/ballast-switch-cover-upgrade-package.html (need 1)

http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-moomba-ballast-switch.html (need 3)

http://www.wakemakers.com/single-ballast-switch-mounting-panel.html (need 3)

And Mike has some really awesome things he is about to do to my boat. But we will keep that a minor secret for now.

Traxx822
03-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Winter list update

* Plumb Ballast - in progress
* Order ballast pumps - Done
* Order ballast bags - Done
* Order switch panel (fill & drain) - Done
* Repair fiberglass damage - Done
* Vinyl wrap boat (make design) - Mike is working on it.
* Powdercoat windshield frame (color Silver) - Color chosen, still working details
* Tint windows - Have to powdercoat first
* New matching gauges ( Brand TBD) - Haven't even looked yet
* Gauge bezel Hydro dipping - bezel broken will need to have new one made
* Garmin 596, radar, chartplotter install (If I make enough $) - didn't make enough
* 3D Mapping depth finder - $$$
* Replace/repair broken wakesurf rack - done
* Install extra 10" JL IB Sub - stereo on hold
* Order another 10" LED sub ring - NA
* Replace all 7.7" LED rings with new ones - Done
* Sell 700/5 JL amp & buy 900/5 JL amp - Stereo on hold
* Replace Alternator - Done
* Rebuild water pump - Done
* Rebuild rudder seal - Done
* SeaDek measurements - Done
* estimate for interior carpet replacement - Still awaiting quote

And for mike:

* Replace horn - tbd

thatsmrmastercraft
03-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Very glad this list is completed.

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-fat-sac-dual-drain-port.html (need 2)

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-pro-x-series-fitting-w743.html (need 6)

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-pro-x-series-fitting-w746.html (need 6)

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-integrated-bow-sac.html (need 1 color grey)

http://www.wakemakers.com/johnson-ultra-ballast-pump.html (need 3)

http://www.wakemakers.com/ballast-switch-cover-upgrade-package.html (need 1)

http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-moomba-ballast-switch.html (need 3)

http://www.wakemakers.com/single-ballast-switch-mounting-panel.html (need 3)

And Mike has some really awesome things he is about to do to my boat. But we will keep that a minor secret for now.

You know what they say about secrets. Awesome hardly describes it.

Traxx822
03-08-2014, 12:06 PM

Alright, but I need Mikes permission first. Its so good I don't want him overwhelmed with requests if he isn't interested.

mikeg205
03-08-2014, 12:09 PM

lol Peter... ;) :D :D :D

go ahead and post it Trent - :)

Traxx822
03-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Courtesy of MikeG

thatsmrmastercraft
03-08-2014, 12:16 PM
That will be fantastic!

Traxx822
03-08-2014, 12:21 PM
I seriously can't stop looking at it. I am memorized.

TOO-TALL
03-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Very nice traxx.....

Tristarboarder
03-08-2014, 02:14 PM
That give the boat a whole new look....fabulous! On a side note, a 596 in a boat? Interesting, I have a 396 that hardly gets used, hmmmm ideas...

Traxx822
03-08-2014, 03:38 PM
That give the boat a whole new look....fabulous! On a side note, a 596 in a boat? Interesting, I have a 396 that hardly gets used, hmmmm ideas...

I want the radar and chartplotting. That way I'm not nervous in unfamiliar coastal and inland waters. But I actually found another brand that is just as good. Half as much but no radar.

east tx skier
03-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Wouldn't you want forward reaching sonar for that?

/edit. Nevermind. Looks like the Garmin has that.

mikeg205
03-08-2014, 04:11 PM
The torpedo tubes and mini-gun mounts are almost complete... ;) as well ;)

east tx skier
03-08-2014, 04:38 PM
And all I did this winter is a slide-out trailer tongue, impeller, distributor cap/rotor, and spark plugs. I'm slacking. :)

john jones
03-08-2014, 09:29 PM
I love that blue! Great choice

alfie623
03-09-2014, 07:51 AM
The color looks awesome. Can you keep us updated with the whole wrap process? Before, during and after pics, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traxx822
03-09-2014, 08:59 AM
The color looks awesome. Can you keep us updated with the whole wrap process? Before, during and after pics, etc.

On that part I can since Mike is doing most the work. Maybe even another thread.

Traxx822
03-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Finally figured out the color for powder coating and set it all up for this week. By next week I'll have a fresh looking windshield frame, new weatherstripping, and tinted glass.

Color is called Mirror Silver.

http://powder365.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=8

Colbray
03-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Courtesy of MikeG
Sorry I am late to this thread but if that is what the boat will look like, its insane! Very sweet Traxx!

Traxx822
03-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Sorry I am late to this thread but if that is what the boat will look like, its insane! Very sweet Traxx!

:) thank you. Can't wait to actually see it for real with my tower and interior.

Gnargnar
03-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Wish I had that kind of upgrade budget traxxx. Did u happen to get a carpet quote too? I have a year or two left on mine and always wanted to do seadek but I haven't a clue on the price comparison.

Traxx822
03-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Wish I had that kind of upgrade budget traxxx. Did u happen to get a carpet quote too? I have a year or two left on mine and always wanted to do seadek but I haven't a clue on the price comparison.

I literally just sent the Mylar plastic templates in last week. Since SeaDek is moving their facility this week I'm guessing that it might be just a bit before they get the quote to me. But I'm guessing in the $700-$900 range installed.

And as far as budget goes, it's priceless to me. But I'm kinda broke :eek: check out the sled jacked thread, I lucked into some extra insurance money. Plus Mike's saving me over $2k on the wrap by doing it for me.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Great color choice for the powder coat.

Traxx822
03-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Great color choice for the powder coat.

Thank you. I think this won't look hokey. My frames current condition is really pitted and bad. This will make it look new again.

Traxx822
03-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Windshield removed. Frame at powder coating, glass at tinting shop, new Taylor made weatherstrip on order.

TOO-TALL
03-18-2014, 12:39 PM
Can't wait to see it when finished.....

Traxx822
03-18-2014, 02:59 PM
Thanks buddy.

I ended up choosing a different color. After seeing them live and in front of me the mirrored silver was not good. Ended up with this one. 107774

thatsmrmastercraft
03-18-2014, 03:31 PM
Thanks buddy.

I ended up choosing a different color. After seeing them live and in front of me the mirrored silver was not good. Ended up with this one. 107774http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=107774&d=1395169134

This color for the windshield frame?

Traxx822
03-18-2014, 03:45 PM
This color for the windshield frame?

Yeah. I should have specified.

Traxx822
03-18-2014, 03:46 PM
Now I know why mike texted me asking about silver. Lol

thatsmrmastercraft
03-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Can't wait to see how the windshield frame comes out. Didn't realize they could do the flake.

Traxx822
03-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Can't wait to see how the windshield frame comes out. Didn't realize they could do the flake.

I think the black frames just look hokey. And I wanted to match the silver flake lettering in the wrap. Matched with a light tint I think it will make the boat look very classy. Plus closer match the tower.

DemolitionMan
03-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Looks great!

Traxx822
03-27-2014, 04:29 PM
These just happened. Can't wait to get them installed.

Thanks Gweaver

thatsmrmastercraft
03-27-2014, 04:59 PM

Thanks Gweaver

Those are great looking.

TOO-TALL
03-27-2014, 06:19 PM

Thanks Gweaver

Very nice!!!

scott023
03-27-2014, 06:27 PM

Thanks Gweaver

Those will look fantastic!!

Traxx822
04-05-2014, 08:38 AM
I got my tinted windows back but I don't know if I'm too happy about it couple of the pieces of glass of fine it looks smooth and perfect but there's a couple of pieces you can clearly see little raised spots.

This is the story if this boat.

scott023
04-05-2014, 09:52 AM
I got my tinted windows back but I don't know if I'm too happy about it couple of the pieces of glass of fine it looks smooth and perfect but there's a couple of pieces you can clearly see little raised spots.

Take them back, make them redo the tint.

mikeg205
04-05-2014, 09:54 AM

I would not be happy about that.

clrussell
04-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Traxx is it water under the tint? I know when I have my trucks done it's usually a couple days before it looks perfect.

The tint guy I use is probably one of the best in the Midwest, I wish I could show you the quality of my boat windows and trucks he has done.

I'd let it sit in the sun for a couple days before I took it back unless it's more than normal water under the tint.

Ever used this tint shop before?

thatsmrmastercraft
04-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Take them back, make them redo the tint.

I would not be happy about that.

As much as I hate to agree with these two :rolleyes: it sounds like they need to go back. Someone dropped the ball in the quality control department.

I run my business the same way I expect others to: No one is perfect and mistakes happen............it's what you do to resolve the situation right away that makes all the difference.

Tristarboarder
04-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Bubbles are normal, give it a couple of days for the water to evaporate. If not, take it back,
( a p.i.t.a.) and have it redone.

scott023
04-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Bubbles are normal, give it a couple of days for the water to evaporate. If not, take it back,
( a p.i.t.a.) and have it redone.

Bubbles are only normal if the tint hasn't cured. Assuming the websites were all done at the same time, there shouldn't be done that are good and some still with bubbles.

thatsmrmastercraft
04-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Bubbles are only normal if the tint hasn't cured. Assuming the websites were all done at the same time, there shouldn't be done that are good and some still with bubbles.

Auto-correct http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/27-5-650b/796000d1367645229-santa-cruz-bronson-smiley-rofl.gifhttp://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/27-5-650b/796000d1367645229-santa-cruz-bronson-smiley-rofl.gifhttp://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/27-5-650b/796000d1367645229-santa-cruz-bronson-smiley-rofl.gif

mikeg205
04-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Auto-correct http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/27-5-650b/796000d1367645229-santa-cruz-bronson-smiley-rofl.gifhttp://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/27-5-650b/796000d1367645229-santa-cruz-bronson-smiley-rofl.gifhttp://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/27-5-650b/796000d1367645229-santa-cruz-bronson-smiley-rofl.gif

thank god it wasn't something that autocorrect to sumfin embarrassing.. ;)

scott023
04-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Oh cripes. I missed that. :rotf:

thatsmrmastercraft
04-05-2014, 12:51 PM
thank god it wasn't something that autocorrect to sumfin embarrassing.. ;)

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

We did have someone here a while back that was going for Prostar but got....:rolleyes:

mikeg205
04-05-2014, 12:53 PM
:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:

We did have someone here a while back that was going for Prostar but got....:rolleyes:

on FB someone was hoping for song when it changed to thong...

thatsmrmastercraft
04-05-2014, 12:54 PM
on FB someone was hoping for song when it changed to thong...

http://www.chimpout.com/forum/images/smilies/rofllg.gif

KnoxX2
04-05-2014, 01:48 PM
As much as I hate to agree with these two :rolleyes: it sounds like they need to go back. Someone dropped the ball in the quality control department.

I run my business the same way I expect others to: No one is perfect and mistakes happen............it's what you do to resolve the situation right away that makes all the difference.

I can not agree with you more on this and I am glad you are running things this way. wish more people and company's followed this rule when it comes to customer service. Thanks :)

thatsmrmastercraft
04-05-2014, 01:54 PM
I can not agree with you more on this and I am glad you are running things this way. wish more people and company's followed this rule when it comes to customer service. Thanks :)

Thanks for the king words, but no need to thank me. If I don't offer good service, there are plenty of other people who will. It's how I stay in business.

thatsmrmastercraft
04-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Enough thread-jacking.

Have you made any progress on the dash panels?

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=108269&d=1395952158

Traxx822
04-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Everything is going in next week. The tint guy is coming Monday to pick up the pieces and redo them.

Traxx822
04-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Would these fit on my boat?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MASTERCRAFT-SKI-BOAT-GAUGE-SET-5-GAUGES-MARISTAR-MEDALLION-MASTER-CRAFT-INBOARD-/360330367872?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item53e55d1380&vxp=mtr

Traxx822
04-06-2014, 10:30 AM
And this can just got kicked further down the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AccY19HcREM
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-water/fishfindergpscombos/gpsmap-741xs/prod119867.html

Only $1500 before radar, tranducer & etc. I already pay for the XM radar for my Garmin 696 i use when I fly and they assured me the same account could be used on another device. But at $2k this will be held off for a little while.

Traxx822
04-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Here is a little more practical unit.
With transducer @$900.00
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-water/fishfindergpscombos/gpsmap-546s/prod28973.html

But still, the darn XM reciever is $700.00
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop-by-accessories/xm-receivers/gxm-52/prod129278_010-01146-00.html

I have no clue why my 696 aviation receiver won't work on these units. All it is is a XM reciever that downloads weather. Its not like its a real radar. At least it will look cool on the dash :D

mikeg205
04-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Would these fit on my boat?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MASTERCRAFT-SKI-BOAT-GAUGE-SET-5-GAUGES-MARISTAR-MEDALLION-MASTER-CRAFT-INBOARD-/360330367872?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item53e55d1380&vxp=mtr

I don't think so - those may need the MMDC controller - not sure.

Traxx822
04-06-2014, 10:52 AM
I don't think so - those may need the MMDC controller - not sure.

They are such a good price. What do you mean .. controller. I know i'll need the connecting pins but really. A controller?

mikeg205
04-06-2014, 11:29 AM
They are such a good price. What do you mean .. controller. I know i'll need the connecting pins but really. A controller?

yes a controller

something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MASTERCRAFT-MEDALLION-MINI-MMDC-BOAT-GAUGE-MODULE-/190378002787?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item2c5369c963&vxp=mtr

sethro
04-06-2014, 11:49 AM
And yes those Medallion gauges are driven by a MMDC so it certainly wouldn't be plug and play for your boat.

Traxx822
04-06-2014, 12:14 PM
so, somehow, get the right controller, and then it will work?

mikeg205
04-06-2014, 12:20 PM
so, somehow, get the right controller, and then it will work?

I don't think that will work since the MMDC plugs into the ECU - iirc.

sethro
04-06-2014, 12:39 PM
Right. Basically all the engine data is sent to the MMDC, then the MMDC controls the servos that move the needles in the gauges. I think it would be way more complicated than simply finding an MMDC, but I'm certain it could be done with lots of expense and expertise.

Traxx822
05-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Ok I need some opinionated advise here. I know I'm in the right place.

This has to do with the windshield frame being powder coated.

And then in that last picture here is the complete text: (too long to screen shot)

Not thrashing u.. im here in the afternoons and at another job as well. Thats why I said its my personal and if you call me during my other job I will not be able to answer. Now that u can receive text messages. Because I have sent some in the past. I was unaware that my counter guy did not respond to u.. everytime u had called me I immediately text my counter guy to call you right back with am update. Me not charging you is not a hand out. Im simply not charging u from the mistake of how the job was done and how long it is taking... I have more then one business. And work a full time. Yes im very busy. I depend on my employees. As I fired my head coater. This is why im doing it my self... again sorry if no one called u back or answer you're calls. And again no one is ignoring you. Especially if razor calls me and texts me for you and I responded right away.. no harm done or am I
raising my text voice in anyway.. today I can say no one was here till 4pm... am trying my best to get it done by monday for you. I will text u or call u.. my best number to be reached is my business cell.. 773-595-xxxx

Ok. What the he'll do I do now?

He scolds me for contacting his cell. But I have literally been leaving him messages for the last week at his shop. No one answers at the shop ever.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Traxx822
05-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Ok let me add. He states he fired his ex coater ... Well I was told his last coating tech was old and died. And when I drove all the way out there to pick them up because they were "done" and weren't the kid that was there (not Ted) told me Ted sprayed these himself. So he fired himself ... No he is a liar.

KnoxX2
05-10-2014, 06:08 PM
I think at this point you will never be happy. That's not a bash on you I just feel you will always have a bad taste for this business. I would go pick them up on Monday and take them somewhere else to get sprayed.

ncsucarjock88
05-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Go get your stuff, in whatever condition it's presently in, and take it elsewhere.

Sometimes it's really best to just move on, regardless of the cost.

Traxx822
05-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Well, it was a total pain in the *** to get my stuff back. I finally picked it up yesterday and dropped it off. It will need to be redone but at this point I need my boat and will redo it next season.

It doesn't look terrible but you better believe I didn't pay a dime.

I also ordered and had installed new alternator, rebuilt water pump seals and bearings and rudder seals.

I'll post up specs for windshield part numbers and the bearings for the water pump. Skidim didn't carry them and had to go to a bearing company and spend hours searching, but we found them.

Laterz

jschildm
05-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Did you get the sea deck installed in place of the carpet? I tried to watch the thread, but might have missed pictures. Sorry about the latest hiccups in your projects. It seems like nothing can ever be as easy as it should be. I can feel your pain.

Traxx822
05-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Not yet. The delay in windshield parts etc has hampered that project. Although it did come in we just haven't even opened the packaging it was sent in yet.

Traxx822
06-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Still left to do:

GPS, install sea dek flooring, finish windshield, exterior wrap, ramp n clamp, trailer bunks.

Traxx822
06-06-2014, 10:32 PM
First my new rims from thatsmrmastercraft (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=13694)

Traxx822
06-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Next my new gauge bezels from Gweaver (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=42985)

Harder than it looks to install. Thank god I didn't do it!

Traxx822
06-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Thew tinted windows. 35% and new Taylor made weatherstripping.

Traxx822
06-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Thew new ballast switch panel. Illuminated, each switch has its own breaker.

Traxx822
06-06-2014, 10:48 PM
3 new Johnson pumps
60amp breaker for all 3 pumps (In addition to the 20 amp individual breakers at the switch)
(2) 750# Fly High locker bags.
(1) 400# Fly High integrated bow sac

Traxx822
06-06-2014, 10:50 PM
All the through hulls. Stainless on the upper hull and deck, brass on the bottoms. All the shut off valves are easy access and in the same general area right under center rear seat cushion. Changed the bilge drain from black plastic to stainless so it would match. We would have liked it to be in lineor level with the ballast drain however, was worried about it draining the bag via gravity when surfing by putting the bags above the drain itself when pitched nose up. So we took all the room we could grab. It is what it is.

Tristarboarder
06-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Looks sweet! Where did you get the ballast switches? I assume they are replacements?

Traxx822
06-06-2014, 10:51 PM
All with a new rig. 2008 rado 2500 4x4 6.6 Duramax.

Traxx822
06-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Looks sweet! Where did you get the ballast switches? I assume they are replacements?

I got the switches and switch covers from wakemakers. I got the panel out of a catalog.

TOO-TALL
06-06-2014, 11:19 PM
Very nice traxx....

Rockman
06-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Lotta work and looks awesome!

Traxx822
06-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Thanks guys.

I forgot to throw in there I did get my water pump rebuilt, new bearings and seals. New accessories V belt, new HO alternator & Rudder seals.

I've got about 300# of wire in this thing.

ncskier
06-08-2014, 08:40 AM
First my new rims from thatsmrmastercraft (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=13694)

Nice wheels ;) I painted the drums black on mine ... A $3 project ! Are the chrome hubs hard to remove? They look great.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/08/qe3utema.jpg

Traxx822
06-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Nice wheels ;) I painted the drums black on mine ... A $3 project ! Are the chrome hubs hard to remove? They look great.

not hard to remove at all; the caps have a grommet in them for packing grease so I removed the bearing buddies I had on there and just installed the caps since it is basically the same thing. So in most cases they don't need removed unless you are doing new bearings.

The trailer is hot on the list to get repaired. Needs new bunks some fiberglass work from a previous owner who damaged it, paint the brake drums black like you did & ramp n clamp.

agreed I think the style of wheel was a good choice. Looks even better in person.

fannin
07-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Any pictures of the Sea Dek installed yet?

madcityskier
07-29-2014, 05:32 PM
I notice the thread said winter upgrades, but this seems to have become a full time job. Seasonal work sucks anyway.

Boat it looking great! It's hard to believe this based on what it was. Nice job.

Aric'sX15
07-29-2014, 05:46 PM
When you get a chance, im very curious to see what the wakeboard wake looks when sacd out behind one of these!

cruiser
07-29-2014, 06:06 PM
Nice, Nice work. Looks Great.

thatsmrmastercraft
07-29-2014, 06:06 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/08/qe3utema.jpg

Nice looking wheels. :rolleyes: