PDA

View Full Version : First time winterization for first MasterCraft!

JMLVMI
11-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Tried searching for most things...but if you pros will oblige me, I'm going to post my first-time winterization questions here.

#1: How do I get the rear floor section up without putting more stress on the weak motorbox hinges? I was able to get a small bit done with prying the back with a flathead, but no real progress...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/11/yge4yvy4.jpg

JMLVMI
11-10-2013, 01:17 PM
#1 solved...gave it a good lift and popped out. Dunce.

Now learning where everything is and making my list for Overtons.

#2 I don't have access to a constantly running hose to get the engine up to temperature. I have a 17 gallon Rubbermaid bin that I can use for the water, but I have no quick way to replenish it. Advice?

fskof
11-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Why dont you unclip the gas struts and the motor box will open wide. You dont need to remove the floor to winterize a 2000 prostar 195

fskof
11-10-2013, 01:24 PM
#1 solved...gave it a good lift and popped out. Dunce.

Now learning where everything is and making my list for Overtons.

#2 I don't have access to a constantly running hose to get the engine up to temperature. I have a 17 gallon Rubbermaid bin that I can use for the water, but I have no quick way to replenish it. Advice?

You cannot run an engine to get it warm without running water. The 17 gallon rubbermaid bin might work. But to get an engine warm you will need to run it for at least 12 min. Can you do this at a friends or family members house?

JMLVMI
11-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Why dont you unclip the gas struts and the motor box will open wide. You dont need to remove the floor to winterize a 2000 prostar 195

Just the rear section where the motor box is attached. I heard that the nuts and bolts holding it in are a nightmare so I did not want to take them off if I can help it. Also trying to learn more about this beast :-)

You cannot run an engine to get it warm without running water. The 17 gallon rubbermaid bin might work. But to get an engine warm you will need to run it for at least 12 min. Can you do this at a friends or family members house?

Yeah, trying to avoid that. Maybe my neighbor will let me use his hose or I'll get a mega-long one from Lowes.

fskof
11-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Step 1. Unclip both strut's from the floor. (Its located on the bottom right hand corner of Pic # 2 )
Here is a video on how to remove the strut. http://youtu.be/Tki45RTWZnM

Step 2. Gently open the motor box all the way back.. You dont need to remove the hinges. The motorbox will be out of your way so you will have easy access to the engine capartment. You can see the pic that I posted that you will have plenty of room.(The pic is from my 209) Just dont bump the motor box. You dont want to break the hinges.

Hammer
11-10-2013, 05:33 PM
You can come watch me winterize mine.

Oh, wait I don't winterize! ;)8p

Hammer
11-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Seriously though, you don't need to remove the floor. But since you have started go ahead and remove the rest and grease the steering cable. You will have to remove the rear seat back (kind of a pain).

JMLVMI
11-11-2013, 06:11 AM
Got the floor up and learned where everything goes. Going to tackle the project tomorrow night. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/11/ydyjane3.jpg

fskof
11-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Did you find a water source?

JMLVMI
11-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Did you find a water source?

Brother's house...