PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to remove raw water hose

bamabonners
11-09-2013, 11:19 AM
What's the trick to getting the raw water hose off the flow valve (side near the hull)?

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

bigmac
11-09-2013, 11:21 AM
What's the trick to getting the raw water hose off the flow valve (side near the hull)?

Can be a bugger. Why would you want to do that? Easier to detach the RW intake hose from the RW pump and hook up some 1 1/4 non-collapsing spa tubing to that.

bamabonners
11-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Going to winterize it by running rv antifreeze through it. I dont have a fake a lake...

bigmac
11-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Going to winterize it by running rv antifreeze through it. I dont have a fake a lake...

Easier to detach the RW intake hose from the RW pump and hook up some 1 1/4 non-collapsing spa tubing to that. That way it can suck the AF out of a bucket, more room in the back for the bucket. Here's an example from Mike025G

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=102426&stc=1&d=1382382806

What I also do is hook up a barbed fitting to the 1 1/4 spa tubing with a reduction to a garden hose fitting so that I can just run it off the hose. Garden hose adapter to RW intake on the RW pump....replaces fake-a-lake

http://mccollister.info/intakefitting1.jpg

bamabonners
11-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Thanks bigmac. Will try that instead.

88 PS190
11-09-2013, 12:46 PM
I take mine off at the trans cooler.

The reason being that its just a hose from that back to the through hull - and there is a strainer on the top of the trans cooler - which you should check because if junk builds up on it you'll over heat.

I do have a fake a lake and use it for summarizing/flushing.

But for winterization after I dump the water out I go through the trans cooler.

Miss Rita
11-09-2013, 03:10 PM
To answer the OP question: You can use a hose pick to loosen up the hose from the fitting. Once you get it off I would recommend applying generous coating of grease before re-installing so that you can get it off next time.

mikeg205
11-09-2013, 03:13 PM
That fitting has a thread on it... or lot's of barbs... never took that close a look at it... I cut my old one off and installed a new one... now I can get it off when I want to... Hose pick's work great to loosen then I believe twist off.

bigmac
11-09-2013, 05:33 PM
I take mine off at the trans cooler.

The reason being that its just a hose from that back to the through hull - and there is a strainer on the top of the trans cooler - which you should check because if junk builds up on it you'll over heat.

I do have a fake a lake and use it for summarizing/flushing.

But for winterization after I dump the water out I go through the trans cooler.

Whether or not that's a workable solution depends on where your transmission cooler is relative to the raw water pump. I don't know about the OP's 2013 X-2. On my boat, and most later-model Indmars, the transmission cooler is after raw water pump, so hooking up to the transmission cooler is not a viable option since it would bypass the pump.

soacj
11-09-2013, 05:40 PM
This is beyond obvious, but I know I almost missed it the first time I pulled the intake at the thru-hull: There are two hose clamps securing it (at least on my '03 X2, ymmv)