PDA

View Full Version : Seeking CSX part (t-top)

Eric S
11-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Alright, first post, but a specific one.

So I'm quite fond of the CSX platform, and think it was just a little ahead of its time. As such, and including the fact that I'm a civil servant so I can't afford the price tag, I'm building a surf specific boat similar to the CSX.

The point: I am trying to find a T-top from a CSX 220. Tried the local dealer in CdA, and the parts guy just said "I can't get 'em" and sent me on my way. Kinda disappointing, but expected from that particular shop.

Where would I find just the T-top? I can build my console to suit that top, and really want the tow point off the top rather than a standard tower, as we fish from the boat as well.

Thanks in advance.

E

corey
11-08-2013, 06:35 PM
As far as I know the T-Tops were custom built for each CSX ordered with one, as such there is no surplus of them. Your best bet might be to have one custom made, or to retro something like this http://www.boattowers.com/TTops.htm for your needs.

Eric S
11-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately the Inland Northwest (apparently the cali Inland Empire took our name) has a very limited supply of people who can produce high quality T-tops. I've looked at some of the adjustable tops, and am pretty sure a boarder will tear it apart.

Well, it was worth a shot, thanks.

E