PDA

View Full Version : What have you left on your platform

skitilldark
11-08-2013, 11:57 AM
What is the weirdest thing you've left on your platform and driven off with it still on there?
Mine wasn't weird...just a slalom ski. Thankfully it was in a bag.

wheelerlake
11-08-2013, 12:24 PM
My O'Brien Siege and my drop off ski (painted orange) in 2012;( Never found the Siege but the orange drop ski was picked up by the neighbor where we take off. Now I never get that ready until the observer is in the boat.

76S&S
11-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Flashlight, saw it skidding down the highway later...

Rockman
11-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Ex-girlfriend! :eek3: :steering:

Seano
11-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Sandals x alot

neil.anderson63
11-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Treasured old school, camp style, ceramic, oversized coffee mug from Yellowstone National Park. Had it for years - Lost it in April... I still miss it :(

Dylan
11-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Gas key & wallet while fueling up, several towels have sunk in my name on the lake.

skitilldark
11-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Treasured old school, camp style, ceramic, oversized coffee mug from Yellowstone National Park. Had it for years - Lost it in April... I still miss it :(

That's painful. I lost my good luck Mastercraft hat last year. Blew off. I searched above and below the water for an hour before giving up. Can't believe how fast it sank. Later that weekend I broke my hip slalom skiing. Should have had my hat!

h2oskifreak
11-08-2013, 01:06 PM
My i phone. Not really that much of a gripper case, but still on there when I got to the gas station 1 1/2 miles from my house. Got lucky.

lashburn1
11-08-2013, 01:11 PM

Is this it?

CumberlandXstar
11-08-2013, 01:12 PM
I left one new vinyl skin on my rear platform after I dropped the seats off to be wrapped. I was so pissed driving around for hours looking for it and never finding it.

madcityskier
11-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Ski buddy with a bloody head wound. Not bleeding on my carpet!

thatsmrmastercraft
11-08-2013, 01:33 PM

http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gif

bturner2
11-08-2013, 01:35 PM
I hate to say it but I lost a Porter Cable buffer, wax, rubbing compound and polishing compound, 303 and rain-x. Basically my whole detailing kit. Finished up completely detailing the boat then had a couple beers. Drove off the next morning forgetting I left everything on the platform the night before. Was really mad at myself for that one.

It was bad enough having to replace the buffer but I was shocked how much replacing the detailing kit was. Ended up being just about as much as the buffer. Still not over that one.

lashburn1
11-08-2013, 01:47 PM
I hate to say it but I lost a Porter Cable buffer, wax, rubbing compound and polishing compound, 303 and rain-x. Basically my whole detailing kit. Finished up completely detailing the boat then had a couple beers. Drove off the next morning forgetting I left everything on the platform the night before. Was really mad at myself for that one.

It was bad enough having to replace the buffer but I was shocked how much replacing the detailing kit was. Ended up being just about as much as the buffer. Still not over that one.

almost did that in the driveway...the Swim Platform is just such a great way to wrap up your day,
Beers, towels, cleaning materials.... It make a great bar when neighbors stop by...

TxsRiverRat
11-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Thread titles needs to be corrected to:

"What HAVEN'T you left on your platform?"

I drove back from the river site all the way back to the boat stall with my cell phone on the platform one time this year... And another time, same cell phone was on the gunwale - did not fall off.

thatsmrmastercraft
11-08-2013, 02:08 PM

:D:D:D

scott023
11-08-2013, 02:40 PM
We haven't lost anything, yet.

trickskier
11-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Ex-girlfriend! :eek3: :steering:

LMAO!!! :D

trickskier
11-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Nothing - I always do a walk around before I leave.

scott023
11-08-2013, 02:46 PM

:uglyhamme

neil.anderson63
11-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Is this it?

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=783&pictureid=5746

Nope - Looked like this but with a bear. Now I find myself really missing it.

SchuyHigh
11-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Gas key & wallet while fueling up, several towels have sunk in my name on the lake.

Towels sink QUICK!! Hard to turn around and get to one before it looks like you tied an anchor to it!

blackhawk
11-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Left my wallet on there when filling up with gas. Drove 6 miles to the lake with 3 of those miles being interstate. Wallet was still there when I got to the boat launch. Very lucky!

tdjaster
11-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Boat keys. Amazingly they were still there almost a mile later.

Also, once left my phone on the bow. Equally amazing that it was also there about 2 miles later. I've been lucky.

bamabonners
11-08-2013, 05:00 PM
I left my really nice billet aluminum MC key on the swim platform and went home. 4 hours later I was getting my stuff together before going to bed and couldn't find the boat key. I drove back to the lake (20 min away) and found the key in the parking lot.

skitilldark
11-08-2013, 05:13 PM
I left my really nice billet aluminum MC key on the swim platform and went home. 4 hours later I was getting my stuff together before going to bed and couldn't find the boat key. I drove back to the lake (20 min away) and found the key in the parking lot.

Wow. That's some real good luck there. Should of bought a lottery ticket on the way back home.

H2ORidr
11-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Left a kid back there once. "Everybody sit down and let's get going" was what I said. I didn't count heads and sure enough my littlest one was back there and as we pulled away, splash! She swears to this day I did it on purpose. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. :D

lashburn1
11-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Left a kid back there once. "Everybody sit down and let's get going" was what I said. I didn't count heads and sure enough my littlest one was back there and as we pulled away, splash! She swears to this day I did it on purpose. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. :D

maybe you did, maybe you didn't ....only a thing a Dad will ever know... :cool:

lashburn1
11-08-2013, 05:52 PM
We haven't lost anything, yet.

.....at least that you know about Scott...lol

madcityskier
11-08-2013, 06:03 PM

I drove back from the river site all the way back to the boat stall with my cell phone on the platform one time this year... And another time, same cell phone was on the gunwale - did not fall off.

You must drive smoother roads than me. Also, you must drive like my mother-in-law. Definitely not like my Mom, she's pretty aggressive behind the wheel.

TxsRiverRat
11-08-2013, 06:07 PM
You must drive smoother roads than me. Also, you must drive like my mother-in-law. Definitely not like my Mom, she's pretty aggressive behind the wheel.

I have to drive from my boat stall to the river site during the height of rush hour to almost downtown ft worth. and lets just say, most of the drivers around me aren't from this side of the border and do not know what car insurance is. I have to drive like a granny and it's paid off at least 10x in the last 2 years. :)

scott023
11-08-2013, 08:04 PM

That's classic

madcityskier
11-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Nice. Not such a problem in WI. Our drivers are fine, except once a year during the first snowfall. Everyone seems to forget that they've driven in snow before. But by the second storm all is generally well.

AlbertaSurfer
11-08-2013, 08:23 PM
My dignity, as I slid off the platform on a slalom ski for the first time in 12 years, assuming a 30MPH pass through the course would still be a nice warmup... *sigh*

Sodar
11-08-2013, 08:32 PM

I am absolutely on the same page. I do this with just about everything now. I am not perfect, though. Several boneheaded mistakes have gotten me to this point. 8p:o

lashburn1
11-08-2013, 08:52 PM

Well , that's no fun...

MCVOLS
11-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Wife's keys. Made it 15 miles to Norris, 12 on I-75, still sitting there when we launched.

mustangtexas
11-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Shot a Skunk then set the shotgun on the platform, got busy, drove to lake. At the ramp a guy asked me if I was expecting some sort of conflict and pointed at the platform. I walked back there and laughed. He quickly walked back to his truck and waived me to go first.

ahhudgins
11-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Our Cocker Spaniel. She would jump on the platform and get a drink between skiers. One day we finished up and headed back to the dock for lunch. After a few minutes I said, “Where’s Allie?” Made a U-turn and found her swimming in the middle of the lake a few miles back. Man I felt like crap.

east tx skier
11-09-2013, 02:23 PM
I took my boat and trailer to the dealer to have some work done on the trailer. It's about a 10 minute trip with speeds of up to 50+ mph on the way and lots of bumps and turns.

When I got there and was backing the boat into the right spot in the parking lot, I got out to see how much room I had behind me and was shocked to see my slalom ski in the ski bag sitting on the platform with the tail hanging off the side. I shook my head and put it in the truck.

mzimme
11-09-2013, 02:36 PM
The only thing I've ever left on the back of the boat (and it was my buddy that left it there, not me) was a case of beer we picked up while fueling up. Glad it stayed there, it would have been a waste of some good Coors Light.

JMLVMI
11-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Left my gloves and palm protectors there after a free ski while out with friends. Didn't follow my routine and it cost me >:(

JohnE
11-09-2013, 08:16 PM
I took my boat and trailer to the dealer to have some work done on the trailer. It's about a 10 minute trip with speeds of up to 50+ mph on the way and lots of bumps and turns.

When I got there and was backing the boat into the right spot in the parking lot, I got out to see how much room I had behind me and was shocked to see my slalom ski in the ski bag sitting on the platform with the tail hanging off the side. I shook my head and put it in the truck.

Most surprising story I have ever read here in my time here

scott023
11-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Most surprising story I have ever read here in my time here

Just because it was from Doug?

JohnE
11-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Just because it was from Doug?

Absolutely positively. I'd expect it from most others

scott023
11-09-2013, 09:11 PM

I'm picking up what you're putting down.

east tx skier
11-10-2013, 06:16 PM

In my defense, I rolled out of bed at 5:30 a.m. to run the boat over there and be back before the kids got up for school. I was half-asleep when I pulled the boat out of the garage. But, yes, one of my more boneheaded moves.