View Full Version : Need help finding (and naming a part) to replace

11-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Have a 98 Prostar 190. I need to replace the coupling on the hose that runs from the back of both exhaust manifolds. It is just a cheap plastic screw together coupling that bit the dust. For reference, it sits just above the transmission and is yellow/black plastic. Sorry I don't have pictures. Anyone know where I can get one (link would be appreciated) and what the actual name of that is? I looked around skidim but couldn't find it. Thanks for the help!

11-07-2013, 10:39 PM
I went to my MC dealer for this part this year when mine broke. They told me they don't carry it but the hardware store has them. It is just a hose connector.

88 PS190
11-07-2013, 11:01 PM
I'd refer to it as a manifold drain quick coupling.

11-07-2013, 11:59 PM
So I should get the coupling at my hardware store? Any thoughts on staying with plastic or should I upgrade to brass?

11-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Just get a brass 3/4" standard pipe thread fitting. Ace hardware will have exactly what you're looking for as well as Home Depot or lowes. Brass will be better. Just wrap with Teflon tape and tighten the connectors in place.