PDA

View Full Version : 2006 ballast empties over the side?

agarabaghi
11-06-2013, 11:27 AM
How ?

Is there a 1 way valve?

Im confused as to how to system works lol

Stefan
11-06-2013, 11:55 AM
A friend has a 2006 X-45, it does the same...

Rossterman
11-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Check valves typically divert the water over the side when emptying. Normally there are also vents for the sacks as well so you can tell when they are full. Used this design when adding ballast to our 205v and works great. There are diagrams on the plumbing on wakemakers and posted on here as well

Skyskiguy
11-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Yep, check valves on both the empty and fill lines. And sometimes they do go bad which will cause filling problems - easy to replace though - your local sprinkler supply house should have them.

JRW160
11-06-2013, 04:35 PM
There is a check valve between the intake on the bottom of the boat and the ballast manifold. The manifold has 3 fill lines that feed the pumps and two drain lines that are plumbed to the thru hulls above the waterline in the back. When you switch the pumps to empty, the check valve prevents the water from flowing back out the bottom of the boat and diverts it to the drains above the waterline.

I eliminated the manifold for two of my pumps last winter and have each of them filling and draining through their own thru hulls on the bottom of the boat now. I plan to eliminate the manifold and the check valve for the third pump this winter because it seems to draw in a lot of air either through bad check valves on the drain lines or the two capped off fill lines that used to run to the other pumps.

I think 2007 was the first year the pumps drained out the bottom of the boat and not above the waterline.