PDA

View Full Version : Busted my sack

Traxx822
11-05-2013, 07:51 AM
No my fat sack, not my other sack.

I had it stored in my garage. Laid out flat and when I pulled some stuff out of my garage this week I noticed this.

I know it's junk now but I have 2 more of these.

What is the best way to store these?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hammer
11-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Can it be patched? I have no idea as I'm not into sacks.

scott023
11-05-2013, 08:10 AM
I keep mine rolled up in a duffle bag when theyre not in the boat.

hondaprlud
11-05-2013, 08:21 AM
I keep mine in a large plastic container, like this.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-18-Gallon-72-Quart-Storage-Box-Set-of-8/10401037

mikeg205
11-05-2013, 08:35 AM
repair able - I keep mine in a laundry bin in the garage..

thatsmrmastercraft
11-05-2013, 08:38 AM
No my fat sack, not my other sack.

I had it stored in my garage. Laid out flat and when I pulled some stuff out of my garage this week I noticed this.

I know it's junk now but I have 2 more of these.

What is the best way to store these?

Sounds like you need to take sack protection a little more seriously. :rolleyes::D:D

dvsone79
11-05-2013, 09:29 AM
I've kept mine inside the house during the winter. My thoughts are that in a garage where the temps get cold, the material becomes brittle and prone to break. That could be a bunch of hokum, but I haven't busted a sac yet...

ProTour-X9
11-05-2013, 10:08 AM
I'll bet you can patch it.

Traxx822
11-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Im probably going to junk it. So if anyone wants it pm me and pay shipping and it's yours. I'm to affraid it would leak water and fill up my boat.

I had it in a Rubbermaid bin that I used for the Christmas tree. It laid in there nice and flat.

The other two are still in my boat. I only use this one sparingly. I just bought it too. From a TT member. It was fine and worked all summer. But storage caused this.

The tear in a wrinkle or fold. So be caucious of how you store these. Many guys stated they used a container like mine.

I bet a couple of you went and checked your sacks too.

rtw_travel
11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
It looks wider than just a tear. I had a sail that looked exactly the same: could it have been a mouse?

scott023
11-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Im probably going to junk it. So if anyone wants it pm me and pay shipping and it's yours. I'm to affraid it would leak water and fill up my boat.

I had it in a Rubbermaid bin that I used for the Christmas tree. It laid in there nice and flat.

The other two are still in my boat. I only use this one sparingly. I just bought it too. From a TT member. It was fine and worked all summer. But storage caused this.

The tear in a wrinkle or fold. So be caucious of how you store these. Many guys stated they used a container like mine.

I bet a couple of you went and checked your sacks too.

That explains why it's so filthy...:D

bsloop
11-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Definitely patchable. Use the heavier patch material like inflatable river rafts or take it to a good outdoor store, prob $20 tops.

I have my extras rolled and stored in a box in the basement. As with most vinyl, 60+ deg is a comfortable working temp.

bjames
11-05-2013, 12:44 PM
For winter, I store all 3 of my fat sacs in a spare Board Bag. This way I can lay them out without folding and close her up. The bag is stored in my garage. :)

Traxx822
11-05-2013, 01:30 PM
That explains why it's so filthy...:D

I was pissed when I discovered it and tossed it aside. I was moving the tub that had the bag in it, in order to clear my snowmobile from the garage to take it for preseason service. The bag landed in my mulch landscape next to the garage. And I knew someone would say something. I was worried it would make it hard to find. Knowing you guys, I figured it was fine. Snapped the pic, saved for later and took my sled north.

My sack laid on the garage floor until I returned home. :cool:

Traxx822
11-05-2013, 01:31 PM
I think what I learned was to not keep them in the garage. My bags in my boat are ok, it's in heated storage and getting replaced with plumbing this winter!!!