PDA

View Full Version : incredible accident

milkmania
10-26-2005, 11:58 AM
http://ceracing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=121099

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken."

bcampbe7
10-26-2005, 12:03 PM
That's a terrible tragedy.
That same thing happened here about 1 week ago. The motorcycle was clocked at 155MPH! It ended up broadsiding a full-sized Ford extended cab. If you would have been shown the picture of the truck you would have thought another truck hit it at 70MPH. It hit on the passenger side of the extended cab, killing a 9 year old girl. I think it goes without saying, but the motorcycle rider was also killed.

milkmania
10-26-2005, 12:05 PM
That's a terrible tragedy.
That same thing happened here about 1 week ago. The motorcycle was clocked at 155MPH! It ended up broadsiding a full-sized Ford extended cab. If you would have been shown the picture of the truck you would have thought another truck hit it at 70MPH. It hit on the passenger side of the extended cab, killing a 9 year old girl. I think it goes without saying, but the motorcycle rider was also killed.

my little brother was killed on a motorcycle 16 days after our mother died of cancer....
he was drunk & stupid in excess of 120 mph, his body travelled over 80 feet and slammed into a parked car.

bcampbe7
10-26-2005, 12:13 PM
my little brother was killed on a motorcycle 16 days after our mother died of cancer....
he was drunk & stupid in excess of 120 mph, his body travelled over 80 feet and slammed into a parked car.

Sorry to hear that Milk.
I've seem many people injured and killed in motorcycle accidents while working at a hospital. A co-worker's father was killed last week while in the Savannah area. Apparently a car pulled out in front of them.
No doubt they are dangerous.

After hearing of my co-workers father I called my Dad and told him that from now on he had to wear a helmet. He rarely wears one and it pi$$es me off to no end. :mad: I know a helmet will not save a rider in every case but it can't hurt.

milkmania
10-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Sorry to hear that Milk.
I've seem many people injured and killed in motorcycle accidents while working at a hospital. A co-worker's father was killed last week while in the Savannah area. Apparently a car pulled out in front of them.
No doubt they are dangerous.

After hearing of my co-workers father I called my Dad and told him that from now on he had to wear a helmet. He rarely wears one and it pi$$es me off to no end. :mad: I know a helmet will not save a rider in every case but it can't hurt.

thanks, I've learned to deal with after a brief hospital visit...in 1992
I never knew they used AA's 12 step program for depression:rolleyes:

but they did teach me that they wasn't anything I could do about the lives of my mom & brother.....
so I'm good here;)

jmyers
10-26-2005, 01:54 PM
I really think those bikes should be on a race track not on the streets, you don't see 150-200 mph cars racing all over the public streets! :twocents: It is the innocent people that always pay the ultimate price for someone else's stupidity!! :mad:

And, I am really sorry to here that MILK!! Just keep up that humor here it keeps everyone smiling!! :D

AirJunky
10-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Sorry to hear that Milk. Good that you've been able to get past it.
I have an old enduro myself. I don't go far, just poke around the small town I live in or boonie around up in the woods. But my neighbor, who is a nurse, calls it my "donorcycle"........ for obvious reasons.

milkmania
10-26-2005, 03:32 PM
very small family here....
now that mom, grandma, and brother died, it only leaves my immediate family and my wife's family....she had two sisters, I have a 1/2 sister in California that I haven't seen or spoke to since mid-80's

mom & grandma were only children, so my family tree is pretty straight:rolleyes: