PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 2nd MN ohh YES

tkemperdc
11-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Well technically missed Halloween, but Nov. 2nd, Upper Cormorant Lake. I can officially say I was on the lake, in Nov.

Thank God for boat heaters.

Tom

thatsmrmastercraft
11-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Impressive dedication.

mikeg205
11-04-2013, 10:50 AM
creepy ski party - love it...

Lars
11-04-2013, 11:33 AM
you beat me! Last day for me was 10/26.

atihanyi
11-04-2013, 09:30 PM
ya got more balls than me-I was breaking ice in south Dakota hunting and wouldn't even think of skiing now

scott023
11-04-2013, 09:44 PM
That's awesome. Good for you.

fskof
11-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Way to go!!! Looks like you had the lake to yourself. Back in my 20's we would ski until the the lake turned to ice and we would be out there as soon as the ice turned to water. We had dry suits on that helped. It was funny too see all of the people that would come out and watch us. What is sad is that now I see all of these expensive boats with every option that you can think of but I never see die hard skiers or wakeboarders out there anymore. The lakes have turned into "boat shows" and everyone wants to be seen in the newest boat.
I say get out there and ski. Some of the best water to ski is out there right now!

mikeg205
11-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Way to go!!! Looks like you had the lake to yourself. Back in my 20's we would ski until the the lake turned to ice and we would be out there as soon as the ice turned to water. We had dry suits on that helped. It was funny too see all of the people that would come out and watch us. What is sad is that now I see all of these expensive boats with every option that you can think of but I never see die hard skiers or wakeboarders out there anymore. The lakes have turned into "boat shows" and everyone wants to be seen in the newest boat.
I say get out there and ski. Some of the best water to ski is out there right now!

I see a cool club forming... :) - Northern Illinois/Southern Wi year round skiers.. :)

Bambamski1
11-05-2013, 10:30 AM
where are your gloves? If you are going to board in November Gloves... and a hood are a must.

bsloop
11-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Nice ride. We missed Halloween due to poor weather.

Hope to make one more ride this weekend or next if I can find a hearty crew or at least a diver.
I too used to push for Thanksgiving or later but getting lazier with age. I would like another ride for ego's sake but would not be bummed if it didn't happen. Water temps are mid 50's with low 60s air on a good day but Sunny with no wind makes a big difference :)

tkemperdc
11-05-2013, 04:10 PM
where are your gloves? If you are going to board in November Gloves... and a hood are a must.

Ha, I had the mask for my head, gloves yes, on the list. Was just awesome to take one last ride.

tkemperdc
11-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Nice ride. We missed Halloween due to poor weather.

Hope to make one more ride this weekend or next if I can find a hearty crew or at least a diver.
I too used to push for Thanksgiving or later but getting lazier with age. I would like another ride for ego's sake but would not be bummed if it didn't happen. Water temps are mid 50's with low 60s air on a good day but Sunny with no wind makes a big difference :)

Yes, there was just two of us out. Air temp was 58 or so, water temp read 43degrees. The lack of wind on this day was perfect, honestly so happy to have got on the lake one more time. Lots of confused fishermen.