PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plugs

Snipe
11-04-2013, 06:42 AM
I hope someone can chime in and clear this up for me......
I want to get new plugs for my 1998 5.7 Prostar190. The plugs that are in there now are MR43LTS. I searched on line for a manual and I found that the MR43LTS's are listed for the Corvette engine with aluminum heads. Cast iron heads call for MR43T's. What is the difference between the two plugs? My boat is up north in storage so I really can't check what material the heads are, but I really don't believe they are aluminum. The ones in there now look good, but I would like to start fresh as this was my first season with this boat.

trickskier
11-04-2013, 07:45 AM
I hope someone can chime in and clear this up for me......
I want to get new plugs for my 1998 5.7 Prostar190. The plugs that are in there now are MR43LTS. I searched on line for a manual and I found that the MR43LTS's are listed for the Corvette engine with aluminum heads. Cast iron heads call for MR43T's. What is the difference between the two plugs? My boat is up north in storage so I really can't check what material the heads are, but I really don't believe they are aluminum. The ones in there now look good, but I would like to start fresh as this was my first season with this boat.

I had a 98 ProStar with a 5.7L and used the MR43LTS with cast iron heads. The difference in the 2 plugs is the LTS are stainless steel for marine application. Also, I would put a little never seize on the threads before installing.

Snipe
11-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Great!! Thanks for clearing that up. LTS it is.