PDA

View Full Version : Light Bar Lights Upgrade to LED? Brighter Options?

DBrown2
11-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Well see attached photo of mine that came with the boat when I got it. At best these lights just provide a glow about 5 foot to the front and 5 Foot to the Back of boat 55w each. So I was looking for a economical way to upgrade the lights. I found these at WalMart
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pro-Burners-Oblong-LED-Racing-Light-Kit/28848148

But I am willing to spend up to 50-75 bucks each. What I dont want is a Spot Light Beam across the Lake and a big KC looking light hanging down. So something Thin or Oblong shaped and throws a 30-40 yard V Beam would be great. Plus something on a swivel mount to face to the front or the back.

Before People get all Light Bar crazy... saying mine dont work or I dont use mine, well keep that off this thread. Plus I am not looking to Light up a Football Field while out.

Just the key points above, so while coming back from Dinner or out after Dark 30 I can be scene by others, plus I dont have to hold a Spot light the whole time.

Thoughts?

clrussell
11-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Someone on here put a rigid led bar on theirs, that would be ideal really. But they are a lot more expensive than your talking. Personally if it was mine and I wanted more light I would do a led light bar. I have no experience with the lights on the link you posted, Ido think you'll be dissappointed though with that optioning your going for you being able to see.However check out www.plashlights.com and go to the "dr led bars" they are alot cheaper than rigids and I like the quality. I have a 20" one on my truck and it's awesome. I don't know how much room you have but if it were me I would do a 6" spot mounted forward and 2 6" flood facing rear.

Dylan
11-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Have you thought of buying those Rigid dually knock-offs on ebay? I think the product would be better.

Edit: CLR beat me to it. I've seen the $300 lightbar off ebay and it is awesome!

DBrown2
11-01-2013, 05:23 PM
I have looked at the LED complete Light Bars... I really have endless room since I went WetSounds and they are out put to the out most points of the tower along the top bar. So ya I like your point of 1 Long for the Front, and 2 Facing Rear.

I have a 18" on my truck

clrussell
12-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Any updates on what you decided?

carracer
12-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Roswell C6 there are several post on this site http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=634745&postcount=6

helton333
12-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Here's mine - MUCH brighter than 6 halogens - Can't hardly look straight at it. A lot cleaner look as well.

mmollo
12-21-2013, 02:55 AM
Don't do the LED bars, they're too bright. :D

Long one faces forward and short one faces rearward. Works just fine with my Wetsound speakers it's also a nice clean look IMO.

clrussell
12-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Don't do the LED bars, they're too bright. :D

Long one faces forward and short one faces rearward. Works just fine with my Wetsound speakers it's also a nice clean look IMO.

That front light bar might be a smidge overkill !!!

mmollo
12-21-2013, 10:03 AM
That front light bar might be a smidge overkill !!!

The whole boat is just a smidge overkill!:D

ol1970
12-21-2013, 10:28 AM
I would get pulled over on principle alone if I rolled out in the beautiful X46 on my lake, damn that's nice. I want to get two tiny LED forward facing spot lights that I can hide in and integrate somewhere into the tower. I'm sure there is something out there I can come up with...

jmw
12-22-2013, 10:46 AM
I have a friend that runs a side business mainly UTV stuff but he has lights and if your interested I can put you in touch. He mainly deals with Totron 6 inch bar for $70 and 30 inch for $260 shipping included. He can get any size you want but he has those in stock and if you buy more than one he can usually knock off some $ because of shipping. He can also get Ridgid lights for those of you wanting more high end lights and it's usually at least $100 cheaper than you can find on eBay for the larger light bars.

JohnE
12-22-2013, 12:17 PM
The whole boat is just a smidge overkill!:D

Yea it is. Great looking boat. I haven't seen it until now.

mmollo
12-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Yea it is. Great looking boat. I haven't seen it until now.

Thanks.

Aric'sX15
12-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks.

Let me know if you ever need a third! Lol

JohnE
12-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Are you planning on using the lights while under way?

DBrown2
01-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Back to this idea... I have yet to find a Semi Direct Replacement for my individual lights and had thought of a Bar since I have one of the truck... The only issue is it puts out a ton of glare, I cant imagine at night sitting under the lights how my eyes would feel.

MMollo do you have pics of your lights lite up at night on the water? In a garage you get reflections.

craig3972
01-16-2014, 05:01 PM
I just put a 20" light bar from ebay on my truck last night - very bright.
I have the tower speaker style OEM halogens on my boat, they are really good at lighting up the interior of the boat, not very good at lighting up items infront of the boat. I always thought that if you wanted true headlight type performance for your boat the lights would need to be mounted in the bow hull below the rub rail so that the light would only be projected forward and not back at you.

mmollo
01-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Back to this idea... I have yet to find a Semi Direct Replacement for my individual lights and had thought of a Bar since I have one of the truck... The only issue is it puts out a ton of glare, I cant imagine at night sitting under the lights how my eyes would feel.

MMollo do you have pics of your lights lite up at night on the water? In a garage you get reflections.

No I don't. I was the end of the season when the boat was finished.
I'll get some pics posted when I get her back in the water.

DBrown2
01-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Craig... you do have a point a buddies Bryant has the new LED Bow Lights and wow... when he goes to dock he lights up the area.

My main Focus is doing just that... lighting up the lake, say 20-30 yards in front of me so I can see logs etc. I run on a clean lake so this rarely is even found during the day but I like to be safe.

I may just order some LED Bulb Replacements just to see if I can get a noticable difference. Then see if I can mount a 6" or 12" LED Bar, up where the Bow light is now. The only issue with XStars and bow lights is... when you drop the hammer back down the nose drops so not sure really how much light it would throw forward if I mounted something under the Rub Rail, like cat eyes like most of the new boats have.

Traxx822
01-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Try Digidiodes.com They are a Rigid knock off but some 4 light LED pods might be just what you are looking for.

BNIROOSTER
01-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Well see attached photo of mine that came with the boat when I got it. At best these lights just provide a glow about 5 foot to the front and 5 Foot to the Back of boat 55w each. So I was looking for a economical way to upgrade the lights. I found these at WalMart
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pro-Burners-Oblong-LED-Racing-Light-Kit/28848148

But I am willing to spend up to 50-75 bucks each. What I dont want is a Spot Light Beam across the Lake and a big KC looking light hanging down. So something Thin or Oblong shaped and throws a 30-40 yard V Beam would be great. Plus something on a swivel mount to face to the front or the back.

Before People get all Light Bar crazy... saying mine dont work or I dont use mine, well keep that off this thread. Plus I am not looking to Light up a Football Field while out.

Just the key points above, so while coming back from Dinner or out after Dark 30 I can be scene by others, plus I dont have to hold a Spot light the whole time.

Thoughts?

.....adds some light...

DBrown2
03-21-2014, 04:15 PM
Wow just saw this... Since the season is coming in the next 2-3 weeks for me. What size Bar, and from whom? Do you have a pic showing front, and what it looks like ahead.