PDA

View Full Version : I didn't want to derail the Sex Offender's Map thread.....

milkmania
10-25-2005, 07:59 PM
I didn't want to derail mitch's thread, but I wanted to show you a real freak!!!

note: update at bottom of this post

I think I posted this story some time back........
Local News Man arrested at school with beer, gun

By Regina Smith, News Reporter
A Poteau man is facing several serious charges after being caught with a gun near a Poteau campus in late March.

Steven Leonard Miller, 45, has been charged with possession of a firearm on school property as well as numerous other traffic violations because of the incident.

According to court documents, on March 30, Poteau Police Officer Rob Seale was called to Pansy Kidd Middle School regarding a suspicious man sitting in a vehicle watching the students.

Seale said that when he arrived he spoke with assistant principal Marshal Brence.

"Brence pointed out a blue van sitting by the gym and playground with a white male sitting in it," Seale said. "Brence told me that the man in the van was Steven Miller and that he had been sitting in the van watching the school since approximately 7:00 that morning."

Seale said that he learned that a student at the school was Miller's step-daughter and that Miller was not supposed to have contact with the girl since he and her mother became separated.

When the officer approached the vehicle Miller reportedly started the van and began to drive away. Seale said he told the man to stop and approached the window to speak with him. He said that Miller had a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on his person and his eyes appeared to be very bloodshot.

Miller provided the officer, according to the affidavit, with an Tennessee identification card and an expired Tennessee driver's license. Seale said that he later learned the drivers license had been revoked for driving under the influence.

Seale said that when the school resource officer arrived at the scene he noticed an open can of beer and a 30 pack of beer on the floor in the passenger side of the van.

Miller was then reportedly asked to step out of the van and the officer stated that he was very unsteady on his feet and his speech was slurred. Seale said he then placed Miller under arrest for driving under the influence of intoxicants.

"I noticed when I first approached Miller that his pants were unbuttoned and unzipped in the van. When I search Miller incident to arrest I found a pair of girls cotton panties in his left front pocket," Seale said.

Officers then reportedly located a bag full of candy located next to the beer. The officers also located a loaded 9mm Lorcin semi-automatic pistol in the van. Seale said that the gun was loaded and a bullet was in the chamber.

Authorities learned that before officers arrived a female student had been seen talking with Miller at the van. Seale said that the young girl stated that before school Miller called her over to the van and asked her to find his step-daughter.

"[The girl] said that Miller was drinking a beer while he was talking to her and stated that he was going to get drunk and high," Seale said.

Miller was taken to the LeFlore County Detention Center where he is still being held. LeFlore County Special Judge Jeff Mixon has set a bond of $20,000 for Miller with the condition that he shall not go to or near any school in the Poteau Public School System.

now, here's the rest of the story

Local News

Alleged child molester court appearance set

By Regina Smith, News Reporter
Charges have been filed against a Poteau man accused of having sexual intercourse with his 14-year-old step-daughter for approximately a year.

Steven Leonard Miller, 45, of Poteau has been charged with one felony count of lewd molestation.

Miller is set to appear in court for those charges this morning at 9 a.m.

The information in the case states that between April 5, 2004 and March 27, 2005 Miller had sexual intercourse with the young girl once a week when they were in the house alone.

Poteau Police Sergeant Jim Craig stated in court documents that on Aug. 17 he spoke with the girl who allegedly reported the abuse to him.

"[She] stated Steven was married to her mother but they are now divorced," Craig said.

He said the girl told him that she had moved to Poteau approximately one week before she turned 13.

"At this residence in Poteau, Steven would have sex with her... This happened nearly every Sunday... while her mother was at work and her sister was at church," the affidavit states.

The girl reportedly told Craig that the last time Miller had sex with her was the Sunday before he was arrested. Craig said Miller was arrest on March 30, for unrelated charges.

The arrest on March 30, resulted when Poteau Police Officer Rob Seale was called to Pansy Kidd Middle School regarding a suspicious man sitting in a vehicle watching the students. The young girl is a student at the school and Miller allegedly asked another student to find her and bring her to his vehicle. Miller was charged with possession of a firearm on school property as well as actual physical control of a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.

According to LeFlore County Assistant District Attorney Margaret Nicholson, the firearm charge was later amended to transporting a loaded firearm because it was found that the vehicle Miller was in was actually parked in a public roadway. She said Miller pleaded guilty to those charges and was released from the LeFlore County Detention Center on Aug. 9.

She said he was given time served for the four months he spent in jail after the arrest and was also given an eight month probation. However, as a condition of his probation he was prohibited from having contact with his former step-daughter.

Nicholson said a week later, on Aug. 16, Miller was charged with a violation of a protective order for allegedly calling the residence where the girl was living as well as driving up to the residence. She also filed an application to revoke his suspended sentence because of the violation.

If he is convicted for the molestation charges he could face a prison sentence of one to 20 years. He is currently in the custody of the LeFlore County Detention Center.

SKI*MC
10-25-2005, 08:11 PM
what is wrong with people? :huh: :mad:

milkmania
10-25-2005, 08:17 PM
what is wrong with people? :huh: :mad:

I've heard this little message many times before.... "we're going to hell in a handbasket"

sure looking to be true:(

SKI*MC
10-25-2005, 08:25 PM
its kinda funny, all these topics are coming up on crime and all that, and im doing an english report on capitol punishment. I think i'll post it on here when im done.

Cloaked
10-25-2005, 08:32 PM
I've heard this little message many times before.... "we're going to hell in a handbasket"

sure looking to be true:(I think yEr just skEErt....

skEErt to jack a thread.. :D :D

SKI*MC
10-25-2005, 10:25 PM
here is my paper on the death penalty, keep in mind it is all my personal opinion to the topic, please dont be offended by anything that is in it. If it is, i will take it off the thread.

Steven Spenner
Mrs. Erdmann
English 10
October 21, 2005

Death Penalty, Does it do any Good?

In a society with one of the best judicial court systems in the world, would you believe we still use capitol punishment as a sentence? Well the truth on the topic is that there is. There are many opinions on why the government should or shouldn’t have the death penalty. Some of the opinions support and build up why the death penalty is a good thing in our government, and the other can totally knock and destroy any other opinion. The facts and figures can be astounding; some of the numbers are hard to believe.
“Innocent until proven guilty.” What if the person was tried, found guilty, and got the death penalty, but was really innocent? This is an argument for many people who are against the death penalty. It has been said that over the past 23 years of the death penalty, that there has been a 68% error rate. (ACLU Death Penalty Campaign statement) But the truth of the matter is that over the past 23 years, there hasn’t been one case where the convict has been proven innocent after the conviction. Even though some convictions were reversed (by the California Supreme Court), none of the convictions were actually over turned. This being said, it leaves the error rate for the death penalty at zero. A huge supporting factor on why some convicts are found innocent from the death penalty is because of DNA supporting evidence. Since 1976 there have been about 620 prisoners that were that were on death row, 80 of them were exonerated because of DNA supporting evidence. This raises eyebrows, “making people think that if DNA was able to prove someone innocent, how many people have been wrongly executed.” On the flip side of that, if DNA evidence can prove innocence, then it can also prove guilt. That fact sometimes doesn’t get across to everyone.
All those topics might be true, but that doesn’t mean that it is right. Some people may agree with the death penalty and capitol, but I personally do not agree with it one bit. The death penalty doesn’t get across the persons crime. If someone doesn’t appreciate life enough, where they think that they can take someone’s life, then what makes the courts think that this person appreciates their own life? They don’t care if they live or die. But even so, those who will end up getting the death penalty, they will never even see the toxic needle; they will spend the rest of their life on death row. But by issuing the death penalty, it doesn’t serve justice to the convict or the victim’s family. But in some people’s opinion, they use the old term, “An eye for an eye.” But this just doesn’t get the point across to the convict that they killed someone, they should rot in prison and have to live with what they have done every day for the rest of their life.
The death penalty is one of the most disputed topics in the judicial system today, and for many good reasons. Some people are very old fashioned and like to stand by the old quote of, “an eye for an eye.” By getting rid of the death penalty it would only give people something new to complain about. Getting rid of capitol punishment would make the prisons start to fill up very quickly. Some very simple and effective ways to help solve some of this problem would be to fit more to a cell. Each prison varies by prisoner per cell. Actually make it hard on these prisoners. Don’t just make the jails better then the ghettos and streets that the convicts come from. That’s why it doesn’t bother some of the prisoners that they have life sentence, or if they are sitting on death row, because it is better than where they came from. Our prison are in very good shape, they are by no means in bad conditions, but I think that the government, at times, puts way to much money into the prisons. Some of the money that goes into making good prisons better could be put into prisons that do need the work, or even schools.
Over 105 nations have gotten rid of their version of capital punishment, and America is one of the few countries that still have it in the judicial system. Some of the countries that still have are Iraq, Iran, China, and you guessed it, America! Why is that a nation so hell-bent on liberty and justice (so much that we attack, and start wars with other countries to give them freedom) still have capitol punishment? The answer may be much deeper and complex than pure opinions. Why else would a country as free as America still have a form of punishment that is so very “primitive” compared to other judicial tactics? I think that the American courts should hypothesize some new ideas for punishments, leave behind the biblical form of punishment, and upgrade our thoughts and styles of punishments.
The facts and figures can be astounding; some of the numbers are hard to believe. The death penalty is slowly but surely become more and more out-dated as time goes on, and even to many people, capital punishment is barbaric. The statistics are going to start adding up to the death penalty, and then we will soon be off the list with the dictatorships that still have capital punishment. Hopefully it won’t be much longer before it happens.

jimmer2880
10-26-2005, 06:25 AM
You make some very good points. However, why should I spend 30,000 dollars a year to keep a scum-bag alive just so he can die in jail? Let's get rid of them now & give that 30k per year to their victoms.

I do agree with you that someone who doesn't value life doesn't care about their own life. For that reason I think they should be publicly humiliated for the crimes they have done.

milkmania
10-26-2005, 09:58 AM
You make some very good points. However, why should I spend 30,000 dollars a year to keep a scum-bag alive just so he can die in jail? Let's get rid of them now & give that 30k per year to their victoms.

I do agree with you that someone who doesn't value life doesn't care about their own life. For that reason I think they should be publicly humiliated for the crimes they have done.

round them up, tattoo their foreheads, put them on Survivor Island, and let the strong survive!
If they do get off the island, they've still got the tattooed foreheads!

and I feel that way just if it's someone elses child....if it's mine, I will find some way to kill the person pre-trial.

but, our jobs are to protect our children, and I'll protect mine with my life

captkidd
10-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Steven, is this the actual text that you submitted? If so, I hope that your English teacher was kind enough to point out all the errors on this paper. Your paper is full of grammatical and spelling errors (you spelled it as "capitol" and "capital" punishment), opinions, poor sentence structures, and colloquial phrases. Throughout most of your paper I couldn't tell whether you supported or opposed capitol punishment.

I realize you're young and that you're learning, so maybe I'm being too harsh. Still, we as a society have gotten very lazy with our writing skills. I'm sure a lot of this has to do with e-mail, instant messaging, etc., but being sloppy won't cut it in the business world. The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, is a very valuable skill. Far too many people underestimate the importance of these skills, and as a result never develop the ability required to do either.

If your teacher doesn't point out these mistakes, report her to the school's administration. She's not doing you a favor by overlooking your mistakes; if the teachers aren't going to teach, then how will the kids ever learn? Good luck on your education and your next paper.

milkmania
10-26-2005, 11:10 AM
colloquial phrases.

danged big words again:rant:

but yes, you are right

I was searching a Cingular site earlier full of incorrectly spelled words...
kind of a pet peeve of mine. but it showed to be unprofessional

capt, I also had a little difficulty reading it, but I had a lot of distractions going on around me:)

ktn_cmu
10-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Was the name of that school "Pansy Kidd"???

I know I know...way off point...sorry

milkmania
10-26-2005, 02:15 PM

oh, I know.....I almost edited that name outta there......lol!

I won't be sending my kids there anyway:D

google search
http://www.google.com/search?q=pansy+kidd&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

AirJunky
10-26-2005, 02:45 PM
here is my paper on the death penalty, keep in mind it is all my personal opinion to the topic, please dont be offended by anything that is in it. If it is, i will take it off the thread.

Steven Spenner
Mrs. Erdmann
English 10
October 21, 2005

Death Penalty, Does it do any Good?
Interesting opinion, Steven. Unfortunately, like Jimmer said, I don't feel the need to keep the likes of Joseph Duncan around after he's stalked, raped & murdered.... after our judicial system set him loose once already. To think he's thinking about or feeling bad about what he's done is niave to say the least, and not the point of executing him. It's not to punish him as much as it is to be over him. His victims need the closure. There is no benefit to keeping him alive. He's certainly not going to reform. So get rid of the problem.

captkidd
10-26-2005, 04:56 PM

Yeah, I saw that too but didn't want to point it out. :o I also noticed in Jeff Randol's thread about his lemon Durango that the Dodge dealership was named Kidd. Why is it that nothing around here is named "Kidd" (except me)?

SKI*MC
10-26-2005, 05:43 PM
I knew i forgot to do something, change the capitals to Capitols. Dang. Well it wouldnt have been my first topic to pick on the death penalty, i would have done the Dr. Jim controversy... But its agood thig my english teacher likes me!

jimmer2880
10-26-2005, 06:45 PM
round them up, tattoo their foreheads, put them on Survivor Island, and let the strong survive!
If they do get off the island, they've still got the tattooed foreheads!

and I feel that way just if it's someone elses child....if it's mine, I will find some way to kill the person pre-trial.

but, our jobs are to protect our children, and I'll protect mine with my life

:toast:

I'll drink to that!

Cloaked
10-26-2005, 09:04 PM
There is one offender living two blocks over. Here's my neighborhood watch...

6ballsisall
10-26-2005, 09:07 PM
thats awesome sporty!! I was pleasantly surprised there is no one close to our place on the map. From what I have read and seen on TV child sex offenders see a pretty rough life in the slammer from the other inmates. I think the guards outta look the other way and let the inmates show the justice on these bast***s

milkmania
10-26-2005, 09:07 PM

hell yeah!!!:headbang::woohoo:

show no mercy:rant:

Cloaked
10-26-2005, 09:11 PM
That sign has been up a few months. I took the pic today as this thread evolved. It's placed on an empty corner lot turning up onto the street that this guy lives. He sees it everytime he comes in and out. Our town is just this way... whereas one of the guys over in the UK thought the other thread was a bit much... we take it seriously here.

Leroy
10-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Way to go Sporty! I entered my Lenoir City Address and there were 3 offenders shown on the map. When I enter Indianapolis there are ~1600. Tells you something about big cities.

I can guarantee you those 3 will live one hard life if people around there find out. I'm surprised this guy stays in the neighborhood.