PDA

View Full Version : JL Audio speaker grille replacement help

blackhawk
10-28-2013, 04:57 PM
I have a 2006 X15 with the JL audio speakers. My grilles aren't broken but are pretty scuffed up and dingy looking. I saw some of the aluminum ones at Mastercraft by Design, but those are just way too expensive for me. Wouldn't mind just replacing them with the original plastic ones. Anyone know where to get these or something else that looks pretty good at a reasonable price? Mine are white now, but red or black may look good on my boat.

Thanks.

Matt@semmergroup.com
10-28-2013, 05:44 PM
In my 06 I replaced my grills with the newer "sport" grills. I think it was a nice little improvement. I still have the original covers if you want them for free.

Matt

blackhawk
10-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Matt - I sent you a PM.

EarmarkMarine
11-01-2013, 12:15 PM
You can purchase replacement grill sets, JL Audio and JL dealers sell them as a kit that includes both speaker grilles. But they only sell kits for the M770 component speakers and the M series subwoofers, no replacement grilles for coax speakers because the tweeter in integrated into the grill.

Username1na2
12-05-2013, 01:55 AM
Wouldn't mind just replacing them with the original plastic ones. Anyone know where to get these or something else that looks pretty good at a reasonable price? Mine are white now, but red or black may look good on my boat.

imyourmaster
12-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Wouldn't mind just replacing them with the original plastic ones. Anyone know where to get these or something else that looks pretty good at a reasonable price? Mine are white now, but red or black may look good on my boat.

Do you have the component speakers? I have 4 sets of the components. 2 sets are brand new never used, the other 2 sets are used but in great shape. All in white. Dealers sell them for $50 a set. I'll part with mine for $120.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/06/e2evuba9.jpg