PDA

View Full Version : Almost showroom 1987 RX7 Turbo II

skitilldark
10-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Original owner. Sunrise Red. Grey Recaros/INT. Mint condition. 5 Speed manual. PWR Windows and sunroof. Always garage kept and covered. Limited exposure to rain. 53K miles. Relentlessly pampered. $7995.00

PM me if interested...

Jaxon4
10-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Is there any kind of back seat in those..thing is sweet!!!!

scott023
10-29-2013, 03:32 PM
The back seat in the is tight for a small child.

skitilldark
10-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Is there any kind of back seat in those..thing is sweet!!!!

No back seat. Although one time I did have five adults in the car.

1redTA
10-31-2013, 12:07 AM
I had a 86 Non turbo I street ported with racing beat goodies and tokiko shocks/stuts was a good car till some drunk food douche in a ford bronco played big foot with it

scott023
10-31-2013, 01:40 AM
I had a 86 Non turbo I street ported with racing beat goodies and tokiko shocks/stuts was a good car till some drunk food douche in a ford bronco played big foot with it

Ouch, that's a tough ending to all that work.

1redTA
10-31-2013, 08:38 AM
Dang auto correct FORD not food

JimN
10-31-2013, 08:52 AM

My friend had a '78 and in about '82, he found a used front clip from a GSL-SE, with the engine and transmission. His was a GS and came with the 12A/4 speed transmission, so he made new mounts to allow installing the 13B/5 speed. Then, he lowered it, put in stiffer springs, added the spoiler/air dam, removed the EFI (sold those to Rotary Engineering) so he could install dual Weber side-draft carbs, did the needed body work and his brother painted it with Imron, in a Porche deep burgundy color. Pirelli P6 tires made it stick to the road really well.

He was parked outside of his dad's shop one day and a semi came to deliver something. Backed into one corner of the RX-7 and pushed it into the curb, with the direction of the force on the car being diagonal. Totaled the car and it broke the concrete curb.

jraben8
10-31-2013, 10:41 AM
Very nice!!!

My mom had an '88 when I started college. It was a total blast to drive and handled on rails... Ah, the memories...

orbeamlb
10-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Very nice. Looks like some MazdaOCD on display.

strad
10-31-2013, 11:02 AM
That's very nice. I got a fast ride in one back when they were new. It was interesting because I later got a ride in an 89 944 turbo over the same route (the 89 had 30 more hp than the earlier ones). Both very quick cars. 944 sounds better though.

ncsone
10-31-2013, 11:08 AM
Good luck with your sale - that is a very clean 2nd gen RX. RX7s were just great cars - lots of fun.

JimN
10-31-2013, 11:33 AM
Good luck with your sale - that is a very clean 2nd gen RX. RX7s were just great cars - lots of fun.

That's 3rd Gen, isn't it?

JimN
10-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Very nice!!!

My mom had an '88 when I started college. It was a total blast to drive and handled on rails... Ah, the memories...

I had an '81 GS that was really clean. I really liked that car and some DBag stole it. They found parts of it. Last time I saw it, it was sitting on gravel in the towing company's lot, on the brake rotors/drums, with no wheels, engine/transmission, doors, sun roof, seats, dash. The hood was stuffed into the engine compartment and the metal housing behind the seats was lifted up, so they could steal the subwoofer and amplifiers.

Fargin' bastiges! I really liked that car.

ncsone
10-31-2013, 11:42 AM
That's 3rd Gen, isn't it?

Correct.

scott023
10-31-2013, 12:45 PM

Very nice. I've always loved the looks of those models.

JohnnyB
10-31-2013, 02:20 PM

Driving on the wrong side of the street :eek:

Had an 87 just like the one at the top of the thread...sold it to buy an MC

Always wanted a gen 3....

Fun cars

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

skitilldark
11-05-2013, 09:07 AM
I had an '81 GS that was really clean. I really liked that car and some DBag stole it. They found parts of it. Last time I saw it, it was sitting on gravel in the towing company's lot, on the brake rotors/drums, with no wheels, engine/transmission, doors, sun roof, seats, dash. The hood was stuffed into the engine compartment and the metal housing behind the seats was lifted up, so they could steal the subwoofer and amplifiers.

Fargin' bastiges! I really liked that car.

That would be too much for me to have to see. Can't imagine how much you probably wanted to get your hands on them!

skitilldark
11-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Driving on the wrong side of the street :eek:

Had an 87 just like the one at the top of the thread...sold it to buy an MC

Always wanted a gen 3....

Fun cars

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I loved this gen 2, but almost traded it for a brand new gen 3 when they came out. The problem was how fast rx7's went up in price. The sticker on this car was $18900.00 in 87, but by 1992 the sticker on the gen 3's was $45000.!!! You sold your 87 for the right reason though. I REALLY don't want to part with this car, but I've got to sell everything I can find in order to buy a new MC!

skitilldark
11-05-2013, 09:15 AM

You still have this car? Awesome looking. Looks like its been pampered...

JMann
11-05-2013, 02:04 PM
All I can say it don't put a keg in the back. My girlfriend in high school had one, we went to refill a keg, she hit the gas and the keg ended up on the street. The keg survived the window didn't.

JimN
11-18-2013, 09:03 PM
That would be too much for me to have to see. Can't imagine how much you probably wanted to get your hands on them!

Less my hands and more my feet, baseball bats, crowbars, hammers, etc.

skitilldark
11-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Sold. Thanks for the interest!

ncsone
11-21-2013, 06:08 PM
You still have this car? Awesome looking. Looks like its been pampered...

Apologies for the delayed response - I just saw your question. No, I sold this car a while back. At the time, it was heading for an engine rebuild and I was not going to be able to pay for that.

In retrospect, I wish I had kept it somewhat. I could have had the engine redone at some point and it would have been a strong car. The problem is now there are so many cars that have similar or more power and drive well. Being a rotary engine would have been the only really unique thing about it.