PDA

View Full Version : Re-seal Velvet Drive 1:1

dchatagnon
10-25-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm rebuilding my velvet drive 1:1.
I want to change the screws that are holding the pump cover and the torx ones which are holding the front element. Where I can find those? I don't see any screws for transmission on skidim.com
By the way, how do you remove the pump cover on the front side? I would like to change the seal under it.
thanks.
Damien

Cloaked
10-25-2005, 06:15 PM
D-Man.... Not to insult your skills at all. I envy your enthusiam to do what I'd have to send off to have done. In saying that, there is a place referenced here on the board (search feature) that rebuilds these trannys like a champ (from what I have read here). I suspect you may be able to get the screws from them as well as a word of advice if indeed no one here nails your questions before tomorrow's business hours.

However, I feel certain that someone here will anty up with assistance.

cloisel
10-26-2005, 03:13 AM
Hi Sporty,
Sitting in Damine's shoes (which is easy since I am on the same opposite side of Atalntic Ocean as he is!), I can confirm that shipping back a tranny to the US and forth can be pretty expensive!
Indeed, when owning a MC in france and not over-rich, it is nice to have some great adresses in US (like Skidim of course) to be able to order some parts and put hands in the grease!
Best regards,
Clement

Cloaked
10-26-2005, 07:34 AM
I hear you!! I was merely throwing out options. However, if the need be, once he determines the screws of exact requirements, I'll go so far as to find them here in the US and ship them across the pond...

If I can be of assistance here for parts, lemme' know, just shy of shipping you a new boat... :D

Doesn't get much better than that... :twocents:

dchatagnon
10-26-2005, 10:35 AM
hi guys,

As Clement said, I forgot to mention that I was not living in US... Finding something in FR like US screws or some cheap MC spare parts is pretty hard for us. FYI, I have called the French MC importator and he's not able to find them... , I won't ship my tranny over in US for a rebuild. shipping cost will be way to high!
Anyway, I will post a picture + features of the screw... If anyone can find those in us, it will be greatly appreciated.
Damien

Cloaked
10-26-2005, 06:24 PM
...........However, if the need be, once he determines the screws of exact requirements, I'll go so far as to find them here in the US and ship them across the pond...

If I can be of assistance here for parts, lemme' know, just shy of shipping you a new boat... :D

Doesn't get much better than that... :twocents:
hi guys,

............If anyone can find those in us, it will be greatly appreciated.
Damien
:popcorn: :jumping:

dchatagnon
10-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Good news. I have found a company in France who are rebuilding transmissions. Velvet Drive etc... www.marine-transmissions.fr.
I have called them today.they can make a complete rebuild and check everything of the tranny. They have parts in stock.
So I have prepared my box and everything is ready to be shipped for a complete inspection/rebuild.