PDA

View Full Version : Removing bar thread

Fishnhunt
10-24-2013, 06:31 PM
I saw a thread somewhere that had the exact dimensions and thickness of metal used to fabricate the bracket to hold the wheel to replace the bar on my trailer. Any help is appreciated, I am not planning on using the boat buddy and would like to have this done before powder coating the trailer. Thks

Fishnhunt
10-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Sorry I put this in the wrong place!

Cloaked
10-24-2013, 08:02 PM
I saw a thread somewhere that had the exact dimensions and thickness of metal used to fabricate the bracket to hold the wheel to replace the bar on my trailer. Any help is appreciated, I am not planning on using the boat buddy and would like to have this done before powder coating the trailer. ThksSay it again. I'm not following you on the wheel and bar...

Cloaked
10-24-2013, 08:11 PM
I saw a thread somewhere that had the exact dimensions and thickness of metal used to fabricate the bracket to hold the wheel to replace the bar on my trailer. Any help is appreciated, I am not planning on using the boat buddy and would like to have this done before powder coating the trailer. ThksI'm back :D

Your call on the powder coating but I'd reconsider blasting, priming, and painting the trailer. Powder coat is fine until it starts to peel...

And I am one of few advocates of the locking bar on your style of trailer. My opinion? Sure! Best safe set-up on any trailer. I'd not trade out anything for the bar. $0.02

You just need to learn how to load and use the bar. I can get a boat on that trailer, locked down and ready to pull out in 30 seconds or less. Single handed. Promise. It's all in the technique...

There was a plate here that has dimensions on replacing the tongue jack with a newer Fulton jack but I don't recall what other wheel plate you are describing.

Fishnhunt
10-24-2013, 08:28 PM
The clear wheel at the front of the boat. Some people have used boat buddies, I prefer the rubber wheel mounted in place of bar. I have seen a thread that tells exactly how to do it. I can't find it now.

Cloaked
10-24-2013, 08:57 PM
The clear wheel at the front of the boat. Some people have used boat buddies, I prefer the rubber wheel mounted in place of bar. I have seen a thread that tells exactly how to do it. I can't find it now.
:D

It's a bow roller.... Wheels go on hubs :D

Keep the bar.... $.02

I don't have reference to the thread you saw.

You can thank me later...

thatsmrmastercraft
10-24-2013, 09:02 PM
This thread perhaps? http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57429&highlight=roller&page=2

Fishnhunt
10-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Thanks, I will figure it out. Thanks for your.02 cents. When the wheel goes on the hub do you need a TOOL? ��

46Chief
10-25-2013, 04:05 AM
Plenty of tools around here already. We don't need anymore thank you:)

Post some pics of what you want your question is confusing and your terminology is off.

CCAnderson
10-25-2013, 03:22 PM
I disagree with cloaked about powder coating. I work in an industry that routinely supplies products to some of the harshest environments around includeing chemical plants off shore oil platforms. Powder coating done right is by far superior to most of the primer and paint combinations. When powder coating is properly applied it can only be removed with a grinding process. sand blasting will do it but it takes forever unless the piece is very hot to soften the coating. Of course, everyone will always have their horror stories and opinions. In the end it always comes back to the quality of the craftsmanship. Any coating is only as good as the preparation of the surface to be coated.

Cloaked
10-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks, I will figure it out. Thanks for your.02 cents. When the wheel goes on the hub do you need a TOOL? ��
Not when you answer the call yourself.....