PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Vallerta

LakePirate
10-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Any of you guys ever been to Puerto Vallarta?

Due to Hurricane Wilma camping out over the Yucatan Peninsula the trip I had to Cancun was re-routed to Puerto Vallarta. We were supposed to be attending 2 weddings in Cancun this week, now one is here and the other is 2 weeks from now in Jamaica. Don't know how I am going to make it to that one.

Any way somebody around here always has the scoop on locations so give up the info. I didn't have time to do any research and here I sit on the TMC site (wife is at the spa).

furevo
10-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Been there a few times. The last time I went on a 'canopy tour'. It's 10 or so ziplines through the jungle. It was a blast. One of the lines was about 150 yards across a river.

Another good day trip is Yelapa - it's a half hour boat ride to cove with a couple of restaurants/bars. There's a beautiful waterfall - worth the short hike to get there.

LakePirate
10-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks Furevo

I saw the canopy tour deal.
The local "businessmen" are a tad agressive down here, makes it hard to find the legit deals.

rodltg2
10-25-2005, 12:23 PM
puerto vallarta is the best mexican beach town vacation spot in my opinion. cancun is nice but there is no culture unless you venture out of the area. the malecon area is alot of fun with bars and restuarants. there are plenty of good hotles and houses on the beach to rent. i have heard that the dreams all inclusive hotel is great. i am actually going there nov. 2.

east tx skier
10-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Hey, it's where the Love Boat always went.

Gofast
10-25-2005, 04:04 PM
I enjoyed it more than Cancun. Not as commercialized. But, then again I mostly drank so I guess it doesn't matter to much which location I end up at......

Ryan
10-26-2005, 01:17 PM
The Marriott (http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=dspv&&itid=&itdx=&itty=new&from=m) is very nice. official site (http://marriott.com/property/viewallphotos/pvrmx?WT_Ref=mi_left)

If you go, you should definitely try the dinner / show (inlcudes boat trip) - Rythms of the Night (http://vallarta-adventures.com/english/rhythms_of_the_night.html) watch the video. Well woth the money and food was much better than I expected.

Day cruises to multiple beaches are great. But pay a few bucks more than the cheapie tours (for better food).

Be careful of all things with animals.
If you take your picture with that Iguana, oh, you're gonna pay for it.
Unless you know enough spanish to negotiate (my wife does), be careful of the horse back rides on the beach that somehow go from $20 to $65 by the time you get off.

LakePirate
10-28-2005, 05:36 PM
puerto vallarta is the best mexican beach town vacation spot in my opinion. cancun is nice but there is no culture unless you venture out of the area. the malecon area is alot of fun with bars and restuarants. there are plenty of good hotles and houses on the beach to rent. i have heard that the dreams all inclusive hotel is great. i am actually going there nov. 2.

Rod - DO NOT GO TO THE DREAMS!

3 words FLEAS IN BEDS

Our friends were staying there and had fleas in the bed, it pretty much was a bust all the way around. The stayed there on night and came over to the Marriott with us.

Having a big time, possibly have something for the swimsuit thread.

LakePirate
10-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Hey, it's where the Love Boat always went.

Thanks Capt. Stubin.

123src
10-28-2005, 06:06 PM
When we we to puerta vallarta last year we did the dolphin experience over in nueva vallarta. It was a blast. Kinda spendy, if I remember right, but well worth it.

Have a great trip and let me know if you try it!

LakePirate
11-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Well here you go pics from Vallarta.

bcampbe7
11-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Well here you go pics from Vallarta.

:cool:
:firejump: ...MORE....MORE...MORE...:firejump:

LakePirate
11-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Haven't got ours down loaded yet, this was from the other couple that went.

So I ran across one of those Bu folks in the pool, he had recently upgraded to a Bu from a wave runner. I guess I should have packed the "just another A- with a MC" T-shirt. We had a fun discussion about boats. He said that he chose the Bu because he could get a bigger boat with a bigger engine for less. Then he said that the X-2 was a single guy's boat. It made me laugh. When he said he had a Bu I gave him the "look".

Gofast
11-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Is that the place where the kids dive into the creek. Looks similar, it was a long taxi drive 13 pesos I beleive.

I kept thinking the kids would hit the rocks, diving from 10 to 12 feet into shallow water.

Anyway, I really enjoyed my trip thier. Drank a lot of drinks in some kind of glass that looked like a dog bone......Senior Frogs, It's always happy hour.

Ryan
11-02-2005, 02:58 PM
This dang thread might invoke me to book a flight.

rodltg2
11-08-2005, 01:49 PM
you should! just got back and had a great time. dreams hotel was awesome. no fleas. service , food and drinks all great.

some pics ......

rodltg2
11-08-2005, 01:49 PM
pic of hotel

rodltg2
11-08-2005, 01:54 PM
more dreams hotel.

rodltg2
11-08-2005, 01:55 PM
funny business name.

LakePirate
11-08-2005, 02:18 PM
We stayed over there near the Marina at the Marriott....Did you see their smaller boat...the mini-bater?
Glad you had a big time and the dreams worked out for you.

Zach S
11-08-2005, 03:58 PM
These pics are getting me wound up. I am flying into Puerto Vallarta Thursday morning. My brother is getting married at resort about 2 hours south of PV called El Careyes. I can't wait. :woohoo: