PDA

View Full Version : Fulton F2 Jack owners

andersonmc
10-19-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm going to buy a F2 Jack but when I noticed they make several different F2 models. Which model did you buy? I assume their bolt patterns are all the same as well? Getting the adapter plate that Liquid Cutting makes as well.

andersonmc
10-19-2013, 12:27 PM
By the way I'm not planning on moving around the trailer once on jack. I know one of the downfalls of the 2 wheel is fear of damage since it can't handle the stress.

bsloop
10-19-2013, 02:50 PM
I chose the wide track over twin. The wide has as much surface area as twin. Twin have skinnier wheels.
Definitely get wheel over landing leg. The X is much smaller than mine and the F2 is light years smoother and tougher than a normal jack.
1413040134 model specifically.

JDC
10-19-2013, 03:40 PM
I have the twin wheel F2, but not for any particular reason. With my double axle trailer, I can't do much more than forward and backward without powered help anyway. Any more than about 5 degrees turning causes quite a bit of flex in the tires. Pushing against that sideways with any jack will stress it, I would think. I don't even try.

If you have a single axle trailer, it might handle it just fine.

scott023
10-19-2013, 04:33 PM
I put a twin wheel on my 45. Big improvement over what came on the trailer from factory.

jakethebt
10-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Good questions. I have a single axle prostar and the jack needs updating. I move it around a lot and end up kicking my current jack tire in the direction I need it to move. Sounds like he wide single is the way to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

CantRepeat
10-19-2013, 07:28 PM
I got the duel wheel because it stated a higher weight capacity. My boat is like 4200 or 4600 lbs. I know that is not on the jack but went with the higher cap.

I have busted two wheels but that was because I forgot to fold the jack up.

bturner2
10-20-2013, 07:20 AM
I put the dual on mine and we did the single on Mark's (the guy that owns Liquid Cutting) Malibu Response with a single axle trailer. I have a tandem axle trailer and believe me you're not moving that one around much regardless of what trailer jack wheel you pick, it just doesn't want to maneuver with those two axles back there. As such I don't move mine around much once it's set but I am careful to set the trailer jack wheel so that it's perpendicular to the direction of the trailer when I lift the tongue. I do this so I can easily move the tongue left to right to adjust the tongue onto the ball. My thought process on this is that I can move the truck forward and back and by leaving the trailer jack wheel positioned to go left and right I can get just about any adjustment I need to set the trailer on the hitch.

Mark's relatively light set up is another story. We can wheel that one around without any problems. Of course his rig is probably about a 1000 pounds less than mine.

bturner2
10-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Oh I forgot to mention that Fulton does have an F2 with a new bolt pattern that we ran across. Make sure you measure center to center in both the X and Y directions to be sure you get the right one. Do the same for your mounting plate on the trailer too. You can never too much information when you to buy an adapter plate.

andersonmc
10-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Oh I forgot to mention that Fulton does have an F2 with a new bolt pattern that we ran across. Make sure you measure center to center in both the X and Y directions to be sure you get the right one. Do the same for your mounting plate on the trailer too. You can never too much information when you to buy an adapter plate.

All the Fulton F2 jacks require adapter plates? I assumed they did.